Two Video Cards

travis134

3 posts in this topic

Hello there! I recently built a machine and posted the hardware I used quite awhile ago. Everything worked fine in regards to installing OSX, however my resolutions were {censored} as a result of using an unsupported video card, the ATI 5850

Recently I purchased a supported card, an EVGA Nvidia 8800 GT with 512mb Vram

I have installed the new graphics card and I have successfully made Windows ignore it (My windows OS is for gaming, so I ignore the 8800 GT so I can use my monster 5850)

I want to know how I can do this with Mac OS X. Basically here's my problem: I used the following tutorial to install OS X

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ibo...ac-os-x-on.html

Everything works fine when I have only the 8800 GT plugged in, however when I have both video cards in, and attempt to boot to OS X my fan on my NVidia 8800 GT maxes out; it sounds very bad, then nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong? Is my setup impossible?

Thank you!

Hello there! I recently built a machine and posted the hardware I used quite awhile ago. Everything worked fine in regards to installing OSX, however my resolutions were {censored} as a result of using an unsupported video card, the ATI 5850

Recently I purchased a supported card, an EVGA Nvidia 8800 GT with 512mb Vram

I have installed the new graphics card and I have successfully made Windows ignore it (My windows OS is for gaming, so I ignore the 8800 GT so I can use my monster 5850)

I want to know how I can do this with Mac OS X. Basically here's my problem: I used the following tutorial to install OS X

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ibo...ac-os-x-on.html

Everything works fine when I have only the 8800 GT plugged in, however when I have both video cards in, and attempt to boot to OS X my fan on my NVidia 8800 GT maxes out; it sounds very bad, then nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong? Is my setup impossible?

Thank you!

If you have a Crossfire motheboard, it's impossible.

If you have a SLI motherboard may be.

Giorgio