10.6.4 Update Released

Yheng

34 posts in this topic

Can I update my retail 10.6.3 safely?

you mite get sleep Enabler panic. after the update. you will need to add <Key>Kernel Flags</Key> <string>pmVersion=20</string></plist

to your com.apple boot plist. in the extra folder. BEFORE YOU UPDATE. also you may have to reinstall sound

@TimeShift

Yes, but you need to attach the VGA dongle to the other DVI port if you want to use DVI if not then simply connecting your monitor to the VGA dongle will work also. Don't forget to repair permissions and mkext all this can be done in safe mode.

Tried the native using the GraphicsEnabler=Yes and the Legacy4800 kext but no acceleration. Again using the DVI to monitor and VGA dongle on the other port. Funny thing is there is a little note on the screen saver saying something.

Either way I just wanted know if Dual monitor is working. Even if its a mixed bag one with VGA and the other DVI...

Still testing in progress will try QE_CI_Exotic_cards.pkg EFI string and then BIOS ROM injection as well. Just would like to get back to not using the VGA dongle/adapter.

Well I,m sure people aren't as picky as me.

@TimeShift

Yes, but you need to attach the VGA dongle to the other DVI port if you want to use DVI if not then simply connecting your monitor to the VGA dongle will work also. Don't forget to repair permissions and mkext all this can be done in safe mode.

Tried the native using the GraphicsEnabler=Yes and the Legacy4800 kext but no acceleration. Again using the DVI to monitor and VGA dongle on the other port. Funny thing is there is a little note on the screen saver saying something.

Either way I just wanted know if Dual monitor is working. Even if its a mixed bag one with VGA and the other DVI...

Still testing in progress will try QE_CI_Exotic_cards.pkg EFI string and then BIOS ROM injection as well. Just would like to get back to not using the VGA dongle/adapter.

Well I,m sure people aren't as picky as me.

As long as trying to get video working on my 10.6.4 installation got me 2 reinstallations, I think its better to stay on the 10.6.3 as long as 10.6.4 dont represent a significative difference.

• 4 weeks later...
All ok for me as well:-

10.6.4 and iTunes 9.2 together.

I updated the sleepenabler.kext after downloading from it's thread on this site. Then ran both updates, going from 10.6.3.

Audio, ethernet, shutdown, restart, sleep etc all ok without any re-patching needed.

Motherboard:-

ASUS P5B Deluxe

Graphics:-

Nvidia 7900GT

How do you start the sound?

I have this mobo too, but cant starting sound.

All working fine, but not sound.

--

ASUS P5B Deluxe

HD 4850

10.6.3 retail + 10.6.4 Combo update

• 2 weeks later...