10.6.4 Update Released

Yheng

34 posts in this topic

Apple just released an update here I don't know yet if it is safe to grab one for hackintosh machine.

Mac OS X v10.6.4 Update

What's included?

General fixes and improvements

• improves compatibility with some Braille displays
  • resolves an issue that causes the keyboard or trackpad to become unresponsive
  • resolves an issue that may prevent some Adobe Creative Suite 3 applications from opening
  • addresses issues copying, renaming, or deleting files on SMB file servers
  • improves reliability of VPN connections
  • resolves a playback issue in DVD Player when using Good Quality deinterlacing
  • resolves an issue editing photos with iPhoto or Aperture in full screen view
  • resolves an issue with Parental Controls Time Limits for Open Directory or Active Directory users
  • resolves a display sleep issue with MacBook Pro (Early 2010) computers
  • resolves an issue with MacBook Pro (Early 2010) computers in which the right speaker may sound louder than the left speaker
  • includes Safari 5.0; for more information about Safari 5.0, see this webpage
  • Security improvements; for information about the security content of this update, please visit this article

Fixes and improvements for Aperture 3

• adds tethered shooting support for additional digital camera models
  • addresses IPTC metadata compatibility issues

Fixes and improvements for external devices

• RAW image compatibility for additional digital cameras
  • resolves an issue with using third-party USB web cameras
  • resolves an issue with noise when using some third-party FireWire audio devices
  • resolves pairing issues with Apple remotes

Additional Information

This update also includes the improvements found in the Mac OS X v10.6.1, 10.6.2, and 10.6.3 updates.

Once again, check this URL for yourself:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4150

Apple just released an update here I don't know yet if it is safe to grab one for hackintosh machine.

Mac OS X v10.6.4 Update

What's included?

• resolves an issue that may prevent some Adobe Creative Suite 3 applications from opening
  • resolves an issue with Parental Controls Time Limits for Open Directory or Active Directory users
  • resolves an issue with MacBook Pro (Early 2010) computers in which the right speaker may sound louder than the left speaker
  • Security improvements; for information about the security content of this update, please visit this article

• resolves an issue with noise when using some third-party FireWire audio devices

Additional Information

This update also includes the improvements found in the Mac OS X v10.6.1, 10.6.2, and 10.6.3 updates.

Can I update my retail 10.6.3 safely?

Mac OS X v10.6.4 Update

What's included?

Additional Information

Updated without any problem

Update worked fine on my hackintosh although it didn’t appear to update the kernel. Haven’t tried booting into 32 mode but the kernel is still 10.3

Installed the update on my MacBook Pro and it updated the kernel to 10.4 but that’s 32.

EDIT: OK, looked into it some more and I too get the refused kext message. May have something to do with UUID? My system won't boot into 32 bit mode (that or I'm too impatient to wait for it). System boots fine into 64 bit which is what I usually use but I still get the refused kext messages so technically my system hasn't been updated.

Broke ATI VisionTek HD4850 graphics! No longer works with graphics enabler = Yes in com.apple.boot.plist

Had to resort to older method using ATY_Motmot.kext EVOenabler.kext and patched (EAH4850 OSX Essentials).

Luckily, I have back ups of OSX to tinker with not a big deal. As the rest of my hardware EVGA X58 SLI X3 only the AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.2 had to be replaced.

EDIT:

June 17, 2010

Ok, well on the ATI HD4850 is working using the 10.6.2 Kexts

Thread HD4850 Using 10.6.2 kexts. I posted them up!

Here's the catch you must have the VGA adapter plugged into the DVI port furthest from the motherboard. This allowed me not use the vga (working) but then my DVI (Like using DVI) port closes to the motherboard mystriously came on. However I could not test the HDMI or dual monitor sense I just purchased my LED Samsung 24" and uses only DVI or VGA. Had to get rid of my older monitor (cluddered out my space).

What happens is a solid blue hue shifting screen almost like it's out of range refresh rate so... try putting that vga adapter on and see.

Im going to resort back to my 10.6.2 as my primary a little longer. Its not exhibiting any behavior thats odd. Will post back if i get a fully functional auto detecting graphics card on 10.6.4

Updated to 10.6.4 using combo update, got kernel panick something about SleepEnabler, like joneslee85.

post-176433-1276686721_thumb.jpg

post-176433-1276686681_thumb.jpg

sorry for low quality photos, those were made with my cellphone.

*******Fixed*******

Booted OSX 10.6 Retail DVD with Empire-EFI, mounted my hackintosh system partition, removed file SleepEnabler.kext from:

/Extra/Extensions/

Updated and no issues. Removed SleepEnabler first and just for a laugh put it back in and restarted, Kernel Panic. So removed it and all is well. Geekbench shows a bit faster, Cinebench 11.529 shows OpenGL is a bit slower (5%) but CPU test is the same...could just be test variations.

Happy! :)

Updated my hackintosh (Intel branded D945GTP based on 945 chipset m/board) to 10.6.4 - only drama was to once again remove AppleTyMCEdriver.kext (which locks my system up with a K.P.) and replaced the 10.6.4 kernel with the backed up one from 10.6.2 otherwise all working fine here. (After rebooting with the new kernel kept going into reboot loop - thats why the reason for the replacement back to the older kernel)

Everything else working as normal, Geforce 7300 SE with QE still operational, Airport Card still operational, NIC still operational, sound etc.

Troy

:)

All ok for me as well:-

10.6.4 and iTunes 9.2 together.

I updated the sleepenabler.kext after downloading from it's thread on this site. Then ran both updates, going from 10.6.3.

Audio, ethernet, shutdown, restart, sleep etc all ok without any re-patching needed.

Motherboard:-

ASUS P5B Deluxe

Graphics:-

Nvidia 7900GT

Updated fine then reboot, got a kp

Then boot into a backup partition and removed the SleepEnabler.kext from

/Extra/Extensions/

rebooted and wow! everything is working except for all Adobe CS5 programs, now giving me Error: 213:5

can't update..Help badly needed.how to solve this issue?

post-340293-1276826818_thumb.jpg

Broke ATI VisionTek HD4850 graphics! No longer works with graphics enabler = Yes in com.apple.boot.plist

Had to resort to older method using ATY_Motmot.kext EVOenabler.kext and patched (EAH4850 OSX Essentials).

Luckily, I have back ups of OSX to tinker with not a big deal. As the rest of my hardware EVGA X58 SLI X3 only the AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.2 had to be replaced.

EDIT:

June 17, 2010

Ok, well on the ATI HD4850 is working using the 10.6.2 Kexts

Thread HD4850 Using 10.6.2 kexts. I posted them up!

Here's the catch you must have the VGA adapter plugged into the DVI port furthest from the motherboard. This allowed me not use the vga (working) but then my DVI (Like using DVI) port closes to the motherboard mystriously came on. However I could not test the HDMI or dual monitor sense I just purchased my LED Samsung 24" and uses only DVI or VGA. Had to get rid of my older monitor (cluddered out my space).

What happens is a solid blue hue shifting screen almost like it's out of range refresh rate so... try putting that vga adapter on and see.

Im going to resort back to my 10.6.2 as my primary a little longer. Its not exhibiting any behavior thats odd. Will post back if i get a fully functional auto detecting graphics card on 10.6.4

So you got it working just by putting back those 4 kexts? Nothing else?