Gateway LT2016u

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

errandwolfe

errandwolfe

Usurper of Wilson, King of Prussia

• Donators
  • 1,429 posts
Wondering if anyone has had any luck getting OS X on this netbook? Verizon is currently offering it for $30 with a 2 year contract. I'll pay $30 for a decent OS X netbook.

Here is the best specs page I have found so far:
http://www.laptopmag...aspx?mode=specs

I know Atom has decent if not great support.
Lists Intel 945 as video, assume it is a GMA950 so good to go there (though Second Life will prolly suck)
Not sure about the WiFi, Audio, and importantly the 3G modem.

cereal-killer

cereal-killer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I did in fact get 10.5.3 on here but I still need to get the Wifi, Video, Usb to work !
runs fast and is really stable. now all we need to do is hammer out the bugs and we will have another OsX86 netbook to add to the pile :)

drdonnyo

drdonnyo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have 10.6.3 finally running with internet (bought a dell mini wireless) but I need help with the sound. I know it will work just not sure what I have to do. If anyone can help I appreciate it.

Thanks

Markrtoon

Markrtoon

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
Try using the voodoohda kext.

Hotwire

Hotwire

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Try using the voodoohda kext.

I tried voodoohda.kext-- worked liked a charm.. now all i got left is wifi driver for lt2016u gateway netbook. any assistance.. Thank you

http://support.gatew...p;uid=290981918

GT PFT

GT PFT

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 3 posts

I tried voodoohda.kext-- worked liked a charm.. now all i got left is wifi driver for lt2016u gateway netbook. any assistance.. Thank you

http://support.gatew...p;uid=290981918

USB install
NetbookInstaller
Retail 10.6.0 updated to 10.6.2 seems stable, have not tried Mic Sound( who cares lol) or Ethernet I believe there is a kext out there some where. (AtherosLEthernet)
I was having trouble looking for drivers for wifi too but finally opted out to a Dell 1390
Best Way to get wireless is to get a DW1390( even Rev 00 works) and cover pin 20 with electrical tape recognized as Airport
If you turn the card over you will see pin 18 marked just cover the pin to its left.
works perfectly and no looking back trust me.
about to try DW1490 and 0N204H also from a Mini 9 to see it they work
Need help in getting to 10.6.3 -.5 since Mach kernel is restricted on atom proc. I believe?!?!?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy