released Update to 10.6.4

188 posts in this topic

I have installed MAC OS X as usual.

Then I have edit com.apple.Boot.plist file and added pmVersion=20.

Then I have installed the combinated update to 10.6.4

After reboot the Apple logo goes to error like this:

http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/273166...MAC-Problem.bmp

The rebooted again and write pmVersion=0 via MyHack boot loader and the same error appears again.

Chipset nforce i780

Any help?

How can I update to 10.6.3 than worked for me? Is this installed package in any web? I have founded it in Apple web.

Thanks a lot!

everything vork like shot it work ;)

i did not change nothing , and when the update was installing was praying ;) ))))

:)

and everything is ok

Where did you get the plugin with the mediaplayer info on the screen?? looks nice :D

ive edited my boot.plist file in extra folder but still im getting the error so i have to type the pmVersion=20 or 0 :S this is how my com.apple.boot.plist looks like

what have i done wrong? could anyone tell me how to do if i have done it wrong :S

MfMpkoXSD.png

thnx

Where did you get the plugin with the mediaplayer info on the screen?? looks nice :)

ive edited my boot.plist file in extra folder but still im getting the error so i have to type the pmVersion=20 or 0 :S this is how my com.apple.boot.plist looks like

what have i done wrong? could anyone tell me how to do if i have done it wrong :S

thnx

it is ecoute 1.3.8 media player ;)

ive figured out the pmversion but if i remove the arch=i386 the graphic lags... is there any way to combine the pmVersion=20 with the arch=i386?

You guys who have been successful, can you go to About this mac > More info > Software and tell me your kernel version?

My system is booting fine but is still running the old kernel so technically hasn't updated. I'm on 10.3 and new kernel is 10.4. Need some insight on this 'Refused new kext' error.

GA-X58A-UD3R with update 10.6.4? anyone?

I just got this working with audio for 10.6.3 and wondering how if anyone with these specs or similar had any issues or not while updating to 10.6.4...

GA-X58A-UD3R with o/c i7 930 running at 3.8 stable

6 gigs 1600 corsair ram

wd 1.5 hd

blu-ray lite on sata drive

Thank you.

Updated - had to replace AppleHDA.kext to get the sound back - am running VoodooHDA.kext as well. Everything appear to work fine - speedstep, sleep etc.

MB - GA-X58A-UD7

i7 920 oc to 3.99 - stable

6GB 1600 Geil RAM

XFX 9600GT 512MB

F6 BIOS

Noticed Geekbench scores are lower - was getting 14300+, now 13600.

Have had to replace the MB so the BIOS got updated and the settings reset but think I set everything back to normal. Not sure if the hardware change or the OS change caused the slow down.

Anyone else seen a drop in performance ?

You guys who have been successful, can you go to About this mac > More info > Software and tell me your kernel version?

My system is booting fine but is still running the old kernel so technically hasn't updated. I'm on 10.3 and new kernel is 10.4. Need some insight on this 'Refused new kext' error.

I have bad news for you, Darwin 10.4.0 here.

btw. anyone else has problem with incorrect battery status? Mine is totally messed up >.<" This is the only problem that I found after update.

Is anyone able to tell me why I'm getting these 'refusing new kext' errors? It's got to be something simple but searching has gotten me nowhere and it's doing my head in...

Here's the full error...

Refusing new kext com.apple.kernel.mach, v7.9.9: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.
Refusing new kext com.apple.kpi.mach, v10.4: already have loaded v10.3

This happens with a bunch of files. My system boots but obviously using the old files, how do I fix this?

In my case - MAC OS X 10.6.4 is faster than 10.6.3. As for now it's the only difference I was able to see.

Man, that was fast lol.

Thanks for the reply, but what i meant is whether to go with the normal small update (10.6.3-10.6.4) or is it more safe to install the combo update?

no problem with the 10.6.4,

except that i had to change the mac id in smbios file, from imac9.1 to macpro3.1

reason: extremely slow performances in 3d games,

i think it's come from the agpm module, maybe we have now to set the GPU throttle properly with a legacyagpm, to have good performances when we use AGPM ??

someone have the same issue ??

I haven't updated yet but I'm assuming that AGPM is now loading native with iMac9,1 model id?

If so it's best you do have LegacyAGPM.kext but must be edited with correct threasholds for your GPU and your GPU device id.

See this most useful thread here

This also of use .. here

D.

OK, I am tripping balls... Don't know why but I tried booting through the second HD (They are in software Raid0) and I am now in the new 10.4 kernel. I got no errors regarding refused kexts and everything is working as it should including audio. I don't know why but it won't boot into 32 bit mode.

Sasta,

I would love to know your hardware list and a brief description of your install process.

Kevin

Well I have gigabyte x58a-ud3r rev1 with i980x six core cpu. Had to do some tricks and finally boot with legacy_kernel and busratio=25 in 32bit mode only before, but with 10.6.4 I boot vanilla with no kernel flags in both 32 and 64bit.

As for installation I booted with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], made my own dsdt added chameleon from asere (1.1.9) and some extensions, upgraded to 10.6.3 and that was all. Also I used voodoohda for sound. I made some changes to smbios.plist for my memory id and cpu-id but only memory and cpu freq was ok. My cpu-type is still "unknown" even after 10.6.4. I guess I will need a new SMcputype code for my processor.

That's all. PM me if you need something more...

OK, I am tripping balls... Don't know why but I tried booting through the second HD (They are in software Raid0) and I am now in the new 10.4 kernel. I got no errors regarding refused kexts and everything is working as it should including audio. I don't know why but it won't boot into 32 bit mode.

64bit mkext in e/e ?

For whom who own GA-P35-DS3L or similar spec motherboard from Gigabyte, I quickly compose a blog post showing how to upgrade to 10.6.4 safely here on my blog at http://joneslee85.wordpress.com/2010/06/16...on-ga-p35-ds3l/

Thanks for the effort, your guide answered my previous question and more!

Think i'll start another thread for the sleep issue i have before updating to 10.6.4.

Thanks again.