released Update to 10.6.4

188 posts in this topic

Actually getting spinning wheel of death on wake from sleep by either power button or USB.

hmmm ..

Now fixed - was not 10.6.4 update related, was a dodgy beta BIOS i was trying out.

Still have to replug USB if wake using Logitech USB mouse or Mac Pro keyboard - but don't if wake using power button ..

D

Update to 10.6.4 went fine, system is bit slow in booting (kakewalk) trying to repair permissions maybe helps to boost speed my system in signature

Did you remove Applehwsensor.kext? That brought my boot time down from like a 1 minute to 30seconds

Now fixed - was not 10.6.4 update related, was a dodgy beta BIOS i was trying out.

Still have to replug USB if wake using Logitech USB mouse or Mac Pro keyboard - but don't if wake using power button ..

D

Funny, I was having that exact same issue and 10.6.4 fixed it. My MB is an MSI P45 Neo-F, so it should have worked for you as well.

Do you have any unusual DSDT edits or kexts running?

Funny, I was having that exact same issue and 10.6.4 fixed it. My MB is an MSI P45 Neo-F, so it should have worked for you as well.

Do you have any unusual DSDT edits or kexts running?

only using legacyAGPM as mkext in Extra and fakeSMC and patched AppleHDA in S/L/E

and yes - I have the usual DSDT edits - nothing too out of the ordinary, - edits to - HPET, WAK, HDEF, RTC, PTS, PIC, PEGP-GFX0, Scope (PR), Method (DTGP, LPC, SBUS .. i think thats it ..

So your isssue was having to replug USB on wake or hang on wake ??

I was hoping that USB replug would be fixed as it is for others, with 10.6.4 ..

D

Hi,

I installed this combo update which I downloaded off the apple site and after the installation the system has slowed down like hell !

It takes forever to load and start ! 

My Config is as follows :

1.CPU : AMD Athlon 3000+

2.Motherboard : DFI Lanparty Ultra D NF4

3.2Gb Trandscend DDR400 Jetram

Also the Audio is not detected at all and although the GPU is detected and Am able to set to the desired resolution it refuses to output any when play movies, It just gives blank screen !!

Please help.....

Regards.

what machine is this applicable to

what motherboard and processor? what graphics card?

what does the pmVersion+20 variable affect?

sound is my problem too - might not have done the fix right and have the same DSDT question.

GA-EP45-UD3L, 4GB, Nvidia 9800GT 1GB, OS X 10.6.4, kernel 10.3 according to about this Mac.

Thanks for any pointers, help, or hints!

GA-G31M-ES2L.v1 mobo.

Removed SleepEnabler from /E/E

Copied /S/L/E/AppleHda.kext to a save folder

ran kext util

Downloaded combo update, ran, rebooted

No sound (expected at this point).

Copied saved AppleHDA from 10.6.2 to /S/L/E

Copied new 10.6.4 SleepEnabler to /E/E

ran kext util

rebooted

No sound (was working with 10.6.3)

re-copied the 10.6.2 AppleHDA into /S/L/E and rebooted.. still no luck.

About this Mac shows Audio (Built In) is Intel High Definition Audio, Audio ID: 883, but Sound pref panel shows no output device.

my /E/E is

LegacyALC883.kext
 NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
 OpenHaltRestart.kext
 PlatformUUID.kext
 SleepEnabler.kext
 fakesmc.kext

EDIT: Using AppleHDA.kext-10.6.4-ALC883.zip from http://www.mediafire.com/?khmky1qwzzz I have audio again. Not sure why the 10.6.2 AppleHDA was not sufficient??

Will update when I get home. I haven't got the sleep enabler working properly any way, when my computer goes to sleep and I wake it up it just boots up normally and I lose everything I was doing. Any way the audio I will just reinstall the audio kext. Will post results when I update.

~Blah

• 2 weeks later...

After updating, I had to use pmVersion=20 to boot into anything, but other than that, no issues with kexts or such.

One problem I DO have is booting into 64 bit mode, I can do this in safe mode but not otherwise. It just boots to a blank boot screen i.e no desktop.

The desktop loads just fine in 32 bit mode.

Anyone know why this is happening, and what the issue/solution might be?

Cheers,

MaestroX1

• 3 months later...

Filppin Awsome:

I downloaded the latest VoodooHDA.kext from here and " now " I have sound.

Been sound less on my install for nearly 6 months.

Thanks Guys.

My system:

Snowleopard 10.6.4 all updates

Model Identifier: iMac8,1

Hp Pro 3000, core 2 Duo 3.06Mh

2Gb Ram

500GB Sata HDD

On Board Realtek sound ( ALC662 ) (Previous VoodooHDA.kext just failed )

Standard install from USB drive etc

After updating, I had to use pmVersion=20 to boot into anything, but other than that, no issues with kexts or such.

One problem I DO have is booting into 64 bit mode, I can do this in safe mode but not otherwise. It just boots to a blank boot screen i.e no desktop.

The desktop loads just fine in 32 bit mode.

Anyone know why this is happening, and what the issue/solution might be?

Cheers,

MaestroX1

You probably figured this out. I got around to trying again and this time x64 mode works fine just like using 10.6.3. This time first I updated the myhack loader with the latest one, and then I downloaded the 10.6.4 dmg (not combo).