Firefox 1.5b1 as universal binary?

urig-herb

7 posts in this topic

Why isn't this possible at the moment?
Simply because the Mozilla source dont have the needed code to produce an universal binary, yet.

The loader code that executes the big-endian (PPC) or the little-endian (x86) firefox-bin have not been written yet.

Ok, its not 100% true that its not possible.

Because the source code is open-source, so anybody can write the needed code themselves! ;)

Simply because the Mozilla source dont have the needed code to produce an universal binary, yet.

The loader code that executes the big-endian (PPC) or the little-endian (x86) firefox-bin have not been written yet.

Ok, its not 100% true that its not possible.

Because the source code is open-source, so anybody can write the needed code themselves! ;)

Thank you for the information. I thought that the fact that there is a Deer Park beta2 x86 binary available (using it right know) means that the build process is not too complicated.

By the way, Deer Park beta2 works really good for me.

I'm sure it would be trivial to produce an x86-only binary, as long as we have all the libraries and such needed.

Correct, building Firefox is fairly easy (I have compiled Firefox and Camino every day the last year).

The problem is that building the required libraries on OSx86 is troublesome.

Ex. I asked for help on building glib-1.2.10 here: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=2123

Other ways to get a working libIDL is welcome as well.