You know apple knows you pirated when...

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

ssdcommander

ssdcommander

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
That's an example, it's colored on the webs site

Proxin

Proxin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
This is a funny thread. :P

My laptop has an Apple sticker on it, I even sent it in for a hardware repair to HP once with Snow Leopard installed on a dual boot. I still chuckle at what the workers must have thought. I didn't get arrested or anything for that though.

I think that part of the EULA is basically just to scare people from putting OSX on their Windows laptop and going to the Apple store to mess around with people.
Like what they did here:

Have you heard of anyone ever getting arrested or in trouble for jailbreaking their iDevices? If they crack down on that, they'll crack down on OSX86/Hackintoshers I think. I doubt both of those will ever happen though.

Cheers,
Proxin

ssdcommander

ssdcommander

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Point, but all I have to do is write mac on it and it's legal

XLR

XLR

2cores1cpu.mov

• Donators
  • 953 posts

Point, but all I have to do is write mac on it and it's legal

Nah, unfortunately your argument is as valid as batman riding a superman in the halls of black mesa laboratories.

fatnurse

fatnurse

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Who cares!!! really who cares about the EULA!! Ive got a G4, a G5, a macbook, a macbook pro, an iphone 3gs and Ive built myself a quad Hac and Im buying an iPad next week (ive also had a G3 and a Ti powerbook), I think Ive given apple enough cash (and will probably continue to do so) to be able to install OS X on one of my computers thats not a frigging apple branded one.

Take your moral high ground and cram it

Attached File  duty_calls.png   13.77KB   15 downloads

ssdcommander

ssdcommander

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Lol, you made my day

oldtopman

oldtopman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

EULA 10.5

This License allows you to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-labeled computer at a time. You agree not to install, use or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-labeled computer, or to enable others to do so.

It means that apple sticker won't work with 10.6, it's compatible with 10.5 only.

Attached File  HNI_0034.JPG   64.22KB   25 downloads

Attached File  HNI_0035.JPG   32.62KB   21 downloads

^^My Leopard Presario c300 (yes it has backlight issues, get over it). Stickers from Apple.

penguingt

penguingt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Who cares!!! really who cares about the EULA!! Ive got a G4, a G5, a macbook, a macbook pro, an iphone 3gs and Ive built myself a quad Hac and Im buying an iPad next week (ive also had a G3 and a Ti powerbook), I think Ive given apple enough cash (and will probably continue to do so) to be able to install OS X on one of my computers thats not a frigging apple branded one.

Exactly!!! I was an apple fan before it was cool to have apple branded stuff, G3's, G4's, G5, wife has iMac, two Macbooks, iPad, iPhone....sorry not dropping 3 K for a 1.25 year old design desktop with crappy video card. If apple hates that then get somewhat competitive already....at least they are selling peripherals/software and really they don't seem to care about computers anymore.

Gee I sound a bit annoyed..... :(

drule

drule

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Airport connects to your ISP when your modem is disconnected, turned off, and the Ethernet cables is unplugged from your router. Any ideas?

You do realize that Airport will make, or try to make, many connections to your ISP (I.P. address) even if your computer is disconnected from it? This is all normal behaviour.

Exactly!!! I was an apple fan before it was cool to have apple branded stuff, G3's, G4's, G5, wife has iMac, two Macbooks, iPad, iPhone....sorry not dropping 3 K for a 1.25 year old design desktop with crappy video card. If apple hates that then get somewhat competitive already....at least they are selling peripherals/software and really they don't seem to care about computers anymore.

Gee I sound a bit annoyed..... :(

My first computer was an Apple II+, and I taught myself how to program in assembly language (6502) on it, do I win? ;)

penguingt

penguingt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

My first computer was an Apple II+, and I taught myself how to program in assembly language (6502) on it, do I win? :D

yes you do!! :)

Point being lots of people have supported them over the years and even turned people to the OS and now feel neglected because apple is all about iProducts. So I don't feel bad running OS X on one machine when I have many other apple computers here as well. I needed an upgrade and apple has nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy