Recommended USB Headset for Hackintosh?

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

Back in April or so of last year, I built a hackintosh for my younger brother before leaving for college. His old analog audio headset worked fine with it back then, without a problem.

However, the headset broke, and he bought a new one (also analog). For whatever reason, OS X refuses to use the microphone on it.

So now I figure the best solution would be to get him a USB headset, since it's least likely to have problems. Does anybody have specific recommendations of headsets that are known to work with Hackintosh builds? For that matter, will pretty much any USB headset work with a Hackintosh?

He is currently running vanilla 10.5.6.

Thanks!

Hey guys!

Back in April or so of last year, I built a hackintosh for my younger brother before leaving for college. His old analog audio headset worked fine with it back then, without a problem.

However, the headset broke, and he bought a new one (also analog). For whatever reason, OS X refuses to use the microphone on it.

So now I figure the best solution would be to get him a USB headset, since it's least likely to have problems. Does anybody have specific recommendations of headsets that are known to work with Hackintosh builds? For that matter, will pretty much any USB headset work with a Hackintosh?

He is currently running vanilla 10.5.6.

Thanks!

Hi iindigo3D.

I have been using the Logitech ClearChat USB headset since past 7 months without problems in Leopard 105.8 and Snow Leopard 10.6.3 without any issues. And it is cheap @ about $15-$20 ... depending on what bargain you get.

But definitely simple, very easy and easily detected by OSX. Leo and Snow Leo.

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :ninja: