Support Group for Confused Owners of the GA-X58A-UD3R **rev 2.0**

660 posts in this topic

Trying to update the BIOS, thanks for the suggestion!

However, I seem to have gotten myself in trouble. I downloaded the latest (BETA) BIOS and got an .exe file. I don't have a copy of Windows handy so I tried to open the .EXE with StuffIt Expander. However the resulting file apparently had some sort of error because when running the BIOS update I got a checksum error and now my machine says "Invalid Boot Partition" and won't start. I'm going to try to grab the correct BIOS file somehow and hope I haven't done irreparable harm, but in the meantime... how can I open an .exe without Windows? Thanks again.

drag and drop both of these files out of the folder and into your flash drive and enter q flash and select the fb16 bios.

keep in mind this is for the revision 2 x58a ud3r and not revision 1. check the bottom left corner of your board to make sure you have a revision 2 board. let me know how it goes.

FB16_BIOS.zip

THANK YOU for the zip file!

I've got the rev 2.0 board and it worked. So far, no more stutter. If it comes back I'll be back! Thanks again.

One more remaining issue. My CD-ROM drive (well, actually my Blu-ray drive -- it's an LG WH10LS30) works perfectly, but it seems to spin up and "check itself" every couple of minutes. Very odd behavior. There's no firmware update and I don't see any settings in Mac OS that could be changed, so I'm wondering if it's something in the BIOS or the particular SATA port I have it hooked up to. Any suggestions?

THANK YOU for the zip file!

I've got the rev 2.0 board and it worked. So far, no more stutter. If it comes back I'll be back! Thanks again.

One more remaining issue. My CD-ROM drive (well, actually my Blu-ray drive -- it's an LG WH10LS30) works perfectly, but it seems to spin up and "check itself" every couple of minutes. Very odd behavior. There's no firmware update and I don't see any settings in Mac OS that could be changed, so I'm wondering if it's something in the BIOS or the particular SATA port I have it hooked up to. Any suggestions?

I have a 920 cpu with a gigabyte ATI 5750, I've been running FB16 for some time now. I'm using a 920 DSDT, and currently Chameleon RC5 build 433 with c-states, and p-states being properly generated. I have two displays working with one problem. Whenever I switch to the Vervet family the mouse jumps all over the screen when it is near any sort of input field. When I switch to the Aukuri enabler I only get one screen working, but the system is silky smooth. Any suggestions?

Does anyone have recomendations for keeping this motherboard cool? I have the rev 2.0 and the i7 930. I used to use the Corsair H50 which kept the CPU very cool but would cause my northbridge to overheat. I'm now back to the stock CPU cooling system and I've put a 40mm fan on my northbridge.

All this cooling is kind of loud, which isn't a big deal for use but I keep it in my room and I like to be able to sleep with less noise.

Any recommendations on how to keep this mobo cool?

In the exact same boat -- I have only been measuring CPU temperature, how are you measuring northbridge temp?

I am using the same mobo and cpu and Corsair H50... CPU Temp always around 33-38. how about you? No LEDs are flashing so i assume NB temp is normal. By the way for the GTX 260 is there any special drivers I should install? Im not having any problems with it...I watch 1080p vids just fine...

I think I'm in need of some help on this. I've got a running system and it seems fairly solid, but I'm still missing a few things. Among them are:

-Front panel audio

-Sleep

-eSATA ports working

-higher temps than others are seeing here (running 40+ at idle)

I've followed the setup for this thread closely and I'm using nullspot's DSDT.

These are my directories:

E/E:

EvOreboot.kext

fakesmc.kext

IOAHCKBlockStorageInjector.kext

IONetowrkingFamily.kext

JMicron36xATA.kext

JMicron36xeATA.kext

JMicron36xSATA.kext

Legacy889HDA.kext

LegacyAppleRTC.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

S/L/E:

AppleHDA.kext (modified per nullspot on this thread; it's the 10.6.2 rollback I believe)

I do NOT have an HDAENabler.kext in S/L/E.

Anyone have any suggestions on where I can start to work on these issues?

Thanks.

--

tG

I'm opening this topic to help other owners of the 2.0 revision GA-X58A-UD3R, who, like me, are probably frustrated with all the confusion over compatibility, DSDT, audio, and network issues that are *not* addressed in the threads about the 1.0 revision GA-X58A-UD3R.

This 2.0 revision has a slightly different chipset than the 1.0 version, and it's enough to cause problems with most existing GA-X58A-UD3R solutions.

Whether you're using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], Kakewalk, or any other solution, please share your discoveries!

I'll start out by sharing my experience building a new GA-X58A-UD3R core i7 930 hackintosh with Kakewalk 2.2 (usb method)

First off, the Kakewalk installer fails to properly install the "boot" file when creating the modded OSX install USB drive (when selecting the GA-X58A-UD3R from the list). I finally got a working boot installer by picking the Gigabyte EX58-UD5 from the list instead. That allowed me to boot and install 10.6 just fine, but of course the config isn't quite right for the UD3R (no network, no audio, who knows what else).

So I then ran the KakewalkBoot installer (found on the puru.se blog page) http://cl.ly/k7d/content - which is designed to update existing Kakewalk OSX installations. This time I selected the X58A-UD3R option, and rebooted. All good (though still no built-in ethernet or audio).

Then I grabbed the Realtek 8111E install package from their site

http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloads...p;GetDown=false

(scroll to very bottom - pick OSX installer v2.0.4)

Installed it, rebooted, and my built-in ethernet is working at full gigabit speeds! (Note - I've installed nothing else at this point in /E/E)

At this point, I upgraded from my 10.6.0 install to 10.6.3 via the combo updater. Ethernet still works, but I didn't want to fix the audio yet as I hear the 10.6.3 update requires all new HDA patching...

As for the audio, I found this gem buried in a power management thread, made by "soemo" just for revision 2.0 boards:

GA_X58A_UD3R_FC2.zip

Now in this package is his own DSDT file and entire Extra folder - which I don't recommended replacing all you've installed so far. To fix just the audio, all that is needed is to copy his LegacyHDA.kext into /E/E and AppleHDA.kext (v1.7.9a4) into /S/L/E (and fix permissions, of course), and reboot.

The AppleHDA.kext replaces the newer version installed with 10.6.3. I don't know what the consequences of doing so are, but I do have working built-in audio at this point.

I am curious as to the rest of soemo's package - I tried using all of his files, but he's got some weird settings in the boot.plist and smbios.plist I didn't trust. Supposedly, the DSDT he's included has been tweaked with d00d's edits.

At this point, I'm still using the Kakewalk 2.2 X58A-UD3R included DSDT, so sleep doesn't work for me... but I've got network and audio!

UPDATE >> skip ahead to post #33 for a custom compiled DSDT specifically for this board and the i7-930 cpu.

Anyone know which audio driver works? I have the same board and having trouble with the audio. Let me know as well what is the correct method to install it as well. thanks

ive got 5.1 sound, sleep working, internet, 14,300 geekbench and only the legacy 889hda, jmicron and fakesmc kexts being used. let me know if you guys would like my dsdt.

only problem i got is when i come back up from sleep it takes about 15-20 seconds for the internet to start working again. this wasnt a problem on my rev 1 board

Hey :-) I was astonished about the geekbench result you get. Please see my signature for my configuration. I only get around 11.000, using Geekbench 64Bit. I use Chameleon RC5, GraphicsEnabler=yes, with

FakeSMC.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

JMicron36xeSATA.kext

JMicron36xSATA.kext

Legacy889HDA.kext

SMCITEController.kext

in /Extra/Extension

Do you have the definition for your Graphic Card in DSDT.AML, I wonder, while I let Chameleon do the recognizing stuff? May that slow my machine down?

Professor©

Hey :-) I was astonished about the geekbench result you get. Please see my signature for my configuration. I only get around 11.000, using Geekbench 64Bit. I use Chameleon RC5, GraphicsEnabler=yes, with

FakeSMC.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

JMicron36xeSATA.kext

JMicron36xSATA.kext

Legacy889HDA.kext

SMCITEController.kext

in /Extra/Extension

Do you have the definition for your Graphic Card in DSDT.AML, I wonder, while I let Chameleon do the recognizing stuff? May that slow my machine down?

Professor©

upload files used??? :)

Ok I managed to have this build run.... and it has been almost a nightmare since I am no expert on this things and the previous build has been very easy since I just followed a guide. This time I had to have 64bit for the kind of graphics I work with and to reduce the amount of memory to 4 per application was not acceptable to me. SO i tried out every single guide there and while they almost all work 32bit it was tricky to get 64 for video audio and lan. Now here is what I have used and what I still have unsolved:

Since I have done installing and redoing it so many times in the last 2 weeks I cant really explain the proper order of doing things what i end up is this:

*1 2 gig partition for the bootloader (At the moment I have installed there chameleon using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and replaced the boot file with Trauma boot9 for video)

* 1 partition for the OSX 10.6.4 + graphic update +any other update that was in the update list :P

* 1 6gig or so partition for a recovery osx (Plain install just to recover in case I mess up)

* Used nullspot dsdt and the kext and advice in post 33 and 38 (Btw I have tried tonymac FB version too but nullspot one is scoring way higher geekbench for me at 10150)

* For lan I have jacoverse lan driver in this post

* Then [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] JMIcron36xeSATA.kext JMIcron36xSATA.kext and smbios.plist for i7

System works and runs fine apparently THANKS TO YOU ALL!!!! :):):) Specially to nullspot I bought this mobo because there was a tread here

not the answers and unsolved business

@heythisisdave I have problems with CPU temps too and I don't know if it is my case the problem or the board I have CPU around 50-55 at idle and they go over 60 up to 68 if i just look at a movie; if any of you experts can give me hints on what should be done I'd love it. My case is this and I have 6 drives in it (Drives temp are fine 29-35) and all possible fan in place but top and bottom are 120 and could be 140. So would 2 top 140 and 1 bottom 140mm fan make a difference?

@tonyGriggs I am beating your temps :) but I have sleep and eSata working i think; the only problem is sata are not hot swappable (I have all internal drives hot swappable and one external connected to a rear sata port. Front eSata ports works as well)

@bluefox Audio works 64 bit and for making it work look at posts 33 and 38 link above. but as said by tonyGriggs front audio does not. i had personally so many problems with audio 64bit because anytime i was installing it in S/L/E I had sort of kernel panic (I call it soft panic) and what was happening is that i was hearing "tac-toc-tac-toc" and the system was running but could not shutdown or reboot or doing anything; the only solution was to keep pressed the power switch and turn everything off. It drove me crazy for days till i found what was the problem and it was the front panel, if you have anything inserted in the front panel jack you get the "soft kernel panic" so just plug the rear green exit and normal speaker are fine. 5.1 unfortunately guys I have no idea of what is it I guess an elaborate sound system but can't help nor test there.

@nullspot did you find a solution for the erratic behavior of lan? Sometimes after a reboot it does not work and all i do now is just reboot again and it does work so I really can't figure it out as well. moreover it might be of interest or not dunno but I have a fast internet connection via optic-fiber and if I test the lan speed with the provider link i used to get average of 140Mbps now with this driver I won't go over 114Mbps (I know is more than most people on the planet have but still...) I have tested also from win7 and I get the usual 140Mbps so I guess is a problem of the driver for 10.6.4 (I was getting better speeds on 10.5.8 and my previous build

Finally is there anyone who can explain me the difference in geekbenck scores 64bit from win7 8439 and from osx 10150; and before using nullspot dsdt i was using macman I think and was scoring around 9k or so. So I am very happy of the difference but would like to know why.

Cheers to all and thanks again for helping

@ddi

Ok I managed to have this build run.... and it has been almost a nightmare since I am no expert on this things and the previous build has been very easy since I just followed a guide. This time I had to have 64bit for the kind of graphics I work with and to reduce the amount of memory to 4 per application was not acceptable to me. SO i tried out every single guide there and while they almost all work 32bit it was tricky to get 64 for video audio and lan. Now here is what I have used and what I still have unsolved:

Since I have done installing and redoing it so many times in the last 2 weeks I cant really explain the proper order of doing things what i end up is this:

*1 2 gig partition for the bootloader (At the moment I have installed there chameleon using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and replaced the boot file with Trauma boot9 for video)

* 1 partition for the OSX 10.6.4 + graphic update +any other update that was in the update list :P

* 1 6gig or so partition for a recovery osx (Plain install just to recover in case I mess up)

* Used nullspot dsdt and the kext and advice in post 33 and 38 (Btw I have tried tonymac FB version too but nullspot one is scoring way higher geekbench for me at 10150)

* For lan I have jacoverse lan driver in this post

* Then [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] JMIcron36xeSATA.kext JMIcron36xSATA.kext and smbios.plist for i7

System works and runs fine apparently THANKS TO YOU ALL!!!! :):):) Specially to nullspot I bought this mobo because there was a tread here

not the answers and unsolved business

@heythisisdave I have problems with CPU temps too and I don't know if it is my case the problem or the board I have CPU around 50-55 at idle and they go over 60 up to 68 if i just look at a movie; if any of you experts can give me hints on what should be done I'd love it. My case is this and I have 6 drives in it (Drives temp are fine 29-35) and all possible fan in place but top and bottom are 120 and could be 140. So would 2 top 140 and 1 bottom 140mm fan make a difference?

@tonyGriggs I am beating your temps :) but I have sleep and eSata working i think; the only problem is sata are not hot swappable (I have all internal drives hot swappable and one external connected to a rear sata port. Front eSata ports works as well)

@bluefox Audio works 64 bit and for making it work look at posts 33 and 38 link above. but as said by tonyGriggs front audio does not. i had personally so many problems with audio 64bit because anytime i was installing it in S/L/E I had sort of kernel panic (I call it soft panic) and what was happening is that i was hearing "tac-toc-tac-toc" and the system was running but could not shutdown or reboot or doing anything; the only solution was to keep pressed the power switch and turn everything off. It drove me crazy for days till i found what was the problem and it was the front panel, if you have anything inserted in the front panel jack you get the "soft kernel panic" so just plug the rear green exit and normal speaker are fine. 5.1 unfortunately guys I have no idea of what is it I guess an elaborate sound system but can't help nor test there.

@nullspot did you find a solution for the erratic behavior of lan? Sometimes after a reboot it does not work and all i do now is just reboot again and it does work so I really can't figure it out as well. moreover it might be of interest or not dunno but I have a fast internet connection via optic-fiber and if I test the lan speed with the provider link i used to get average of 140Mbps now with this driver I won't go over 114Mbps (I know is more than most people on the planet have but still...) I have tested also from win7 and I get the usual 140Mbps so I guess is a problem of the driver for 10.6.4 (I was getting better speeds on 10.5.8 and my previous build

Finally is there anyone who can explain me the difference in geekbenck scores 64bit from win7 8439 and from osx 10150; and before using nullspot dsdt i was using macman I think and was scoring around 9k or so. So I am very happy of the difference but would like to know why.

Cheers to all and thanks again for helping

@ddi

hi,

used dsdt macmac FB? or Nullsoft?

sound functional 5.1??

thanks

hi,

used dsdt macmac FB? or Nullsoft?

sound functional 5.1??

thanks

I used nullspot dsdt the one posted and explained on post 33 here is a direct link but do read post 33 in this tread as well for settings. As for sound I am sorry I don't know what is 5.1 and how to test it ;) but if I figure out I will let you know :thumbsup_anim: anyway the sound settings I am using are on post #38 I think.

Hotplugging HD

Hey :-)

i added two removable SATA to my System. And I purchased a Docking Station and connected it via eSATA to my PC.

On my old P35-DS4 at least two SATA-Ports, the purple GSATA-Ports, were hotpluggable.

I realized, that on the X58A-UD3R none of the ports is hotpluggable.

The two removable SATA drives have to be inserted on startup. Only then they're recognized as HD's by OSX. And it doesn't matter if they're on SATA Ports 0-5, GSATA 6_7 or GSATA 8_9.

A HD can get inserted into the external docking station on eSATA, while OSX is running, and it's mounting, but as soon as I remove it and put another disk into the docking station, it's not recognized anymore.

Am I doing anything wrong here? Have I forgot something?

Is there an absolute n00b section?

Explaining what kext are, how to edit them, how to install them, how to remove them, how to get the permissions set?

And .plist files? How to edit them, how to save?

For example, I have issues with this:

- 4GB of 12GB available

- Memory is recognized as 667Mhz instead of 1600Mhz

- Can't boot without the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] CD present

Installed hardware:

MB: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | GA-X58A-UD3R FA V2.0

MEM: Corsair XMS3 HX3X12G1600C9 | HX3X12G1600C9

Video: Asus ENGTX285/2DI/1GD3 | 90-C1CMP5-L0UAY00Z

HDD1: Corsair P128 128GB | CMFSSD-128GBG2D

HDD2: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB

HDD3: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB

DVD: Samsung SH-S223C

CPU: Intel Core I7 950

Power: Corsair HX850W | CMPSU-850HXEU

WIFI: TP TL-WN951N | TL-WN951N (Native AirPort)

BT: Sitecom CN-523 Bluetooth USB 2.0 Micro Adapter

Anyone who would lend me a hand here?

Just wanted to thank everyone in here in a big way for all your contributions. I just used this thread to set up my first ever Hackintosh, and everything -- from sleep to digital audio to 1000Mbit networking to a PCI FireWire 800 card to the Gigabyte SATA headers -- is working absolutely flawlessly. To sum up, I'll recap the system and outline the steps I took to get here.

Motherboard: X58A-UD3R v. 2.0

CPU: i7-930

RAM: 12 GB (6 x Corsair DDR3-1333 spec'd for 7-7-7-24)

Video card: XFX ATI HD 4870, 1 GB (non-reference)

Displays: 1 x Dell 2007FP (1600x1200), 1 x 23" ACD (1920x1200)

Boot drive: Corsair Nova 128 GB SATA 3 Gb/s SSD, connected to SATA2_0

Other internal drives: 4 x 7200 rpm, various sizes and makers, connected to SATA2_2, 3, 4, 5

Optical drive: Samsung SH-S222L (IDE DVD/CD burner)

Other: TI-based Syba FireWire 800 PCI card

Case: Lian Li PC-A71F

Installation

0. Disconnect all disks except SSD and take out all but 4GB RAM (2GB DIMMs in slots 1 and 3).

1. Initial Boot - For some reason this system would hang on the spinny Apple screen when attempting to boot from the retail SL DVD from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Kakewalk solved the problem. So I initially booted and installed 10.6.0 from Kakewalk.

** Of note: I noticed at this point that my 4870 and IDE DVD/CD drive were fully working without any additional effort. No sound or networking yet, obviously.

2. Reboot into my 10.6.0 install from Kakewalk, combo update to 10.6.4. Note that I had to have the combo update burned to DVD as I had no networking yet.

3. Reboot into my 10.6.4 install using Kakewalk.

4. Copy nullspot's DSDT file to the Desktop (see Post 33).

4. Back up the original /S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext, and copy nullspot's modified AppleHDA.kext (see Post 38) into /S/L/E.

5. Run [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 2.1.1, using the following options:

• UserDSDT
  • System Utilities (both items)
  • Advanced Options: Kexts:

• IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

• JMicron36xATA

• JMicron36xeSATA (my Gigabyte SATA headers are connected to external ports)

• Mac Pro i7 smbios.plist
  • OSX Software: Kext Utility

6. Copy the following items into /E/E:

• nullspot's modified FakeSMC.kext (see Post 33)
  • nullspot's legacy889HDA.kext (see Post 38)
  • jacoverse's modified IONetworkingFamily.kext (Realtec_8111d_3264.zip) (see Post 79)

7. Modify /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist as instructed by nullspot (see Post 33).

8. Run KextUtility (or repair permissions and rebuild kext cache).

9. Shut down the machine, reconnect extra hard disks, and reinstall RAM.

10. Boot straight from BIOS and enjoy networking, sound, Software Update, dual displays, excellent 3D performance, and a 9506 32-bit GeekBench score (still only running at 2.93 GHz, not sure of my cooling yet).

Thanks again, especially to nullspot and jacoverse!

Thanks for your post, I followed everything excatly as stated but:

1: I cannot boot

2: AppleHDA can't be installed. I need to contact blablabla for a update.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your post, I followed everything excatly as stated but:

1: I cannot boot

2: AppleHDA can't be installed. I need to contact blablabla for a update.

Any thoughts?

I decided lately to opt for VoodooHDA. The problem with the solution installing a cracked AppleHDA.kext into /S/L/E is, it breaks the vanilla state of your installation.

You can find the latest VoodooHDA at http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/updates/list, it's at 0.2.6.2 in the moment, the one in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] is only 0.2.1. It's in active development etc.

Installation

0. Disconnect all disks except SSD and take out all but 4GB RAM (2GB DIMMs in slots 1 and 3).

1. Initial Boot - For some reason this system would hang on the spinny Apple screen when attempting to boot from the retail SL DVD from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Kakewalk solved the problem. So I initially booted and installed 10.6.0 from Kakewalk.

*****************[snip]******************

10. Boot straight from BIOS and enjoy networking, sound, Software Update, dual displays, excellent 3D performance, and a 9506 32-bit GeekBench score (still only running at 2.93 GHz, not sure of my cooling yet).

Thanks again, especially to nullspot and jacoverse!

I'm on my fourth straight day--and I mean straight beyond work/eat/sleep and this is the closest I've come to a functional 64bit build. This thread is a god-send. THANK-YOU!!

Everything "works", but navigating in Finder (especially SAMBA shares--known issue?), using the internet, even just sitting at the desktop results in multiple beach-ball sluggishness. Manually killed spotlight, so that's not it. Slower than my e6600 hackintosh (which I strangely didn't have a problem putting together a year ago...

Any ideas? Specs:

Motherboard: X58A-UD3R v. 2.0

CPU: i7-950

RAM: 3 x 2GB Mushkin DDR3-1600

Video card: Nvidia Quadro FX1800

Ok, i found a good solution for hotplugging external eSATA devices to our motherboard: The official updated driver from JMicron, JMicronATA.kext, Version 1.1.4 (Snow Leopard 10.6.4 has only 1.0). Shows perfectly in System Profiler as JMicron JMB363 eSATA AHCI.

You can find it here: ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/jmb36x/MAC OS X 10.x/

This solution is probably the best for all Gigabyte Boards with JMicron JMB363 eSATA ports.

Have fun! Now I can use my docking station as eSATA.

Professor©

Edit: The kext works better, but not perfectly. It's behaviour is erranous, unloads itself, and I can't find the reason why. Some disks seem to be able to mount and unmount. Some not. So, I guess its not the solution I hoped for

Hey guys,

First of all I wanted to thank nullspot and the others on this thread for getting this board working. DSDT editing is no easy task! We should probably compress the thread down into a nice guide at some point, and I'm willing to help with that.

But on to my question:

I am using nullspots DSDT from post #33. I think I have the same hardware as him. Core i7 930, 6GB triple channel RAM. Yet I'm getting almost 1k less geekbench score at stock speeds (9153). Any idea where I might be losing that performance? I am using stock BOIS settings except the ones required for OSX (ACPI, HPET) plus increasing the memory multiplier to bring it to 1600Mhz.

Also could someone at 10k+ on stock speeds compare their geekbench score to mine? I'm curious whether it's CPU, memory, etc.

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/289844

Thanks!

Hey guys,

First of all I wanted to thank nullspot and the others on this thread for getting this board working. DSDT editing is no easy task! We should probably compress the thread down into a nice guide at some point, and I'm willing to help with that.

But on to my question:

I am using nullspots DSDT from post #33. I think I have the same hardware as him. Core i7 930, 6GB triple channel RAM. Yet I'm getting almost 1k less geekbench score at stock speeds (9153). Any idea where I might be losing that performance? I am using stock BOIS settings except the ones required for OSX (ACPI, HPET) plus increasing the memory multiplier to bring it to 1600Mhz.

Also could someone at 10k+ on stock speeds compare their geekbench score to mine? I'm curious whether it's CPU, memory, etc.

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/289844

Thanks!

your specs pc?? your changes in bios....

method used and files..

thanks