DX58SO/i7 920/GTX 275
Snow Leopard 10.6.3
Buy this hardware for $1,200-$1,400
Motherboard: Intel DX58SO
Processor: i7 920 @ 2.67 ghz
Video Card: eVGA GTX 275
Memory: 6 GB DDR3 1066 mhz Crucial RAM
Hard Drive: Western Digital 7200 rpm 500gb
this is a top notch system using super popular specs. It is the equivalent of a $3,049 Mac Pro.
buy Snow Leopard 10.6.3 retail.
follow this tutorial, but use iBoot 2.0 supported!!!!!
and thats it. to tidy up your graphics and everything, you will probably have to type
at the chameleon screen to install in safe mode but once you get into OSX, use multibeast to install the kexts/drivers etc, also make sure that you replace your kernel with the 10.3.1 Vanilla Kernel from iBoot Supported, follow this procedure.
- Download iBoot Supported
- Unzip and mount iBoot-Suppported.iso
- Navigate to /Extra/Preboot.dmg
- Mount Preboot dmg
- Navigate to /Extra/mach_kernel
- Drag mach_kernel to desktop.
- Download and run ShowAllFiles to reveal hidden files in the Finder.
- Navigate to your Snow Leopard hard drive.
- Delete the existing mach_kernel
- Drag mach_kernel from desktop to your Snow Leopard hard drive.
welcome to your new mac