• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

MudiW

MudiW

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Okay, I'm thinking to buy a laptop for my university studies.

My budget is 2,000 USD.

I was thinking to buy an allienware, but they seem overpriced. so after beginning to start programming apps for the Iphone (which I don't know if I will continue doing it, but is what motivates me to buy a mac) I start looking on macbooks pro and macbooks air.

So you guys are the geeks on macs, and I'm unsure of what to do, since after I pay I can't regret.

You guys think will worth it? I mean, the reason why I don't buy a cheap normal pc and use kalyway or something is that I don't know if it will work, etc. So I prefer not to risk, but if I buy mac, I'm sure windows runs 100% fine.

Thanks a lot for your help, A LOT.
Best Regards

Khan_Man

Khan_Man

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
IMHO, the new Macbook Pros are much better value than the model before. Still crazy expensive compared to the ASUS laptops but for Mac development...

Khan

iGuess

iGuess

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

My budget is 2,000 USD.

I was thinking to buy an allienware, but they seem overpriced. so after beginning to start programming apps for the Iphone (which I don't know if I will continue doing it, but is what motivates me to buy a mac) I start looking on macbooks pro and macbooks air.

So you guys are the geeks on macs, and I'm unsure of what to do, since after I pay I can't regret.

You guys think will worth it? I mean, the reason why I don't buy a cheap normal pc and use kalyway or something is that I don't know if it will work, etc. So I prefer not to risk, but if I buy mac, I'm sure windows runs 100% fine.

Best Regards

Well, good choice not getting Alienware. Even for non-mac laptops they are incredibly overpriced, not to mention hideous.

If your budget is 2,000 dollars, you can get quite a good MBP, and obviously that allows you to run OS X wonderfully. I don't think you'll regret it, as long as you don't get the Air. You could obviously get a much more powerful Asus for much cheaper, but again, then you wont be running OS X. Just remember that the current MacBook Pro gets very, very hot.

The Xeon Quad Man

The Xeon Quad Man

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Yeah, if I had $2K USD to spend on a laptop, I'd buy a MacBook Pro. I'd probably end up doing a Windows 7/Snow Leopard dual boot if that was the case. I just don't think you can beat the build quality, battery life, and the size vs. performance ratio is very good.

TennisGeek

TennisGeek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Computer, Mac
I bought a MacBook Pro 15" i7 Apple refurb with hi-res anti-glare panel for $1,999 + tax.
I wanted Panasonic Toughbook F9 which is retailed for $3k...
The difference is 2lb.
Though not as good as Panasonic, MBP is not bad. It even does not require LegacyHDA.kext. :)

I installed XP on it (bootcamp), and all of Windows drivers are on the MacOS X install DVD. You pop it in, and the driver installation begins. Very nice touch. Easiest XP installation ever.

-- TG

My budget is 2,000 USD.

Best Regards

danny11

danny11

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Develop hardware and software that is compatible with Mac OS X and Apple hardware. Macintosh hardware implements standard buses such as PCI, USB, and Fire Wire that support high-performance peripherals and add-in cards.

For connecting to remote desktop of another computer (via internet or network) and controls. Also connecting to VNCServer through Repeater or directly to VNCServer and a lot of other configuration options. For more details VNCServer

xCalvin

xCalvin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i would buy the apple II

jkwonman

jkwonman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
mbp's seem nice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy