Sound on Pentium D

Soündless

28 posts in this topic

HI, I have a custom computer running osx. I am wondering If there are any sound drivers for A Pentium D 3.0ghz, It is really frustrating not being able to hear stuff, please help!!

Yeah, the CPU plays no part at all. :( Quite a few boards have working sound, so let us know what you have. For example, I have an MSI 945G Neo-F, and it works just fine (ALC 882 I think).

PS. Not the best name. Are you going to make a new nick ever time you have a problem? Hopefully you're not soundless for all. :thumbsup_anim:

sorry, I just got off a 12 hour flight, I have an Asrock 775xfire-esata2 with built in audio which Is RealTek ALC660 chipset. at least thats what the company told me, it runs 10.4.3

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
ok, time to kick my first topic. does anyone have any info on acl660 sound?

Do you remember me?

I have the same alc660/861 issue.

Are you still soundless?

• 4 weeks later...
i currently have sound from using the alc 880 installer, but i cant adjust it on the computer, and there is no input

I've used up all of Taruga's patchers and edited azalia, but I haven't got any sound.

yeah, because more then 2 people have alc 882, not many have alc 660

You are right. But since I started fiddling around with OSX x86, November 2006, I've talked to more than 20 people that have systems with ALC660/861. Unfortunaly, none of them has enough knowledge to make a functional driver for this specific sound chip - no even a non functional, I'm afraid.

I've talked to Taruga and he says that 10.4.3 and 10.4.4 were the most compatible versions of OSX x86 that worked with ALC660/861, but, as he says: " Mudou tanta coisa desde então (So much has changed since then...)"

Soundless, I'll be waiting for your azalia kext, but I'm sceptical about the possibility of it working on my Asus F3Jc laptop.

you will have it in two weeks from me, (i am just giving the one that works for me, i a not building one)

Some Toshiba laptop users have reported to have sound working out of their ALC861, with edited azalia.

I've noticed, for example, that all the latest ASUS laptops come with ALC861, including the Santa Rosa version. I've seen that a lot of people are experiencing problems with ALC660/861 and getting absolutely no answers. Maybe it's time to start a thread dedicated to this particular sound chip?

We could get some clues about what to do. For instance: Why do the Toshiba's ALC660/861 work and on other laptops they don't?

My sistem:

Asus F3jc - sound: Realtek ALC861 HDA -> Completely dead

• 3 weeks later...