• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ceetooo

ceetooo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I've recently followed LeMaurien19's excellent installation guide and I've now got a pretty much flawless macMini running 10.6.2 (Merci madame, vous etes une vraie inspiration! ;) ).
I've got to admit, getting a new AirPort card & flashing the bios was 'a bit' worrying, but well worth it! Don't know how I managed without a working wireless & full connectivity after resuming from sleep! :P

However, ever the perfectionist, there's still one very minor niggle I'd like to resolve: the graphic card is seen as a GeForce 9400M, and all seems well.
But, and there's a but: the video renderer identifies itself as NVIDIA GeForce Pre-Release ION OpenGL Engine, version: 2.1 NVIDIA-1.6.6 ( at least that's the info I get with the OpenGL extension viewer utility )

Is there a more recent kext I can use, so I can get rid of the dreaded Pre-Release tag, and possibly get even better performance out of the graphic card? And if so, where can I get it?

Any help greatly appreciated! :)

poofyhairguy

poofyhairguy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
An ION chipset is a 9400 GPU, plus a very certain audio chipset, plus an Atom CPU. Currently thanks to the wonderful DSDT work of those who worked on this project last year our GPU has 100% support. There are no kexts- just really good DSDT hacking.

What the community has is as good as its going to get....

The best way to test if your system work properly is to try out the Gala version of Flash, or the GPU accelerated versions of Plex.

ceetooo

ceetooo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks for the clarification! ;)

I'll have to look at the whole DSDT thing, sounds really interesting.

The graphics card is working really well already, I was just being greedy, tbh! :)
I suppose the only way I'd get a newer renderer version is if I upgrade to at least 10.6.3, which I'm not too keen on doing just yet.

Thanks again poofyhairguy, much appreciated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy