8 replies to this topic

mondial

mondial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
what I did:
1.) 8gb usb stick + 10.6.0 retail + NBM 0.8.3 RC3 + manually cham2 RC3 ... working on my hp mini 5101
2.) took the sticky manual of pateras in this forum
3.) another 2 gb usb stick with
4.) NBI 0.8.3 RC3 boot option only
5.) NBI 0.8.3.RC3 5101 kexts only
6.) apple 10.6.1 upgrade
7.) NBI 0.8.3 RC3 boot option only
8.) rebootet
9.) NBI 0.8.3 RC4 boot option only
10 cp mach_kernel to /mach_kernel_1061
11 cp mach_kernel_teateam to /mach_kernel
12 apple 10.6.2 updrade no reboot
13 NBI 0.8.3 (I think it was the release RC5) boot option only
14 rebooted

and voilà

Attached Files

• Attached File  3.tiff   301.49KB   152 downloads

lambsporriegetta

lambsporriegetta

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 106 posts

what I did:
1.) 8gb usb stick + 10.6.0 retail + NBM 0.8.3 RC3 + manually cham2 RC3 ... working on my hp mini 5101
2.) took the sticky manual of pateras in this forum
3.) another 2 gb usb stick with
4.) NBI 0.8.3 RC3 boot option only
5.) NBI 0.8.3.RC3 5101 kexts only
6.) apple 10.6.1 upgrade
7.) NBI 0.8.3 RC3 boot option only
8.) rebootet
9.) NBI 0.8.3 RC4 boot option only
10 cp mach_kernel to /mach_kernel_1061
11 cp mach_kernel_teateam to /mach_kernel
12 apple 10.6.2 updrade no reboot
13 NBI 0.8.3 (I think it was the release RC5) boot option only
14 rebooted

and voilà

you got any networking?

Pable Elbap

Pable Elbap

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
nice

mondial

mondial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

you got any networking?

No sorry neither wlan nor ethernet --- but I've an iphone with tethering, which is working

but DEVELOPER of the WORLD -- please make it running -- or maybe it's not the card , it's the pci (-e) bus which is not working????

greets Mondi

step2008

step2008

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
I tried this guide but there are EBIOS read errors upon booting the installation DVD.

Spades01

Spades01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I was able to install SnowOSX, but after the second boot not even keyboard and touchpad will work. Which mistake have I made?

Dirk

Quactaur

Quactaur

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Chances are you haven't made any errors.

Keep in mind that apple only makes drivers for devices a real mac will interact with. Aside from USB then, they basically only make drivers for components that are on macs. Most hackintosh folk thus try to buy hardware that either matches or is similar too a real mac.

For trackpad and keyboard, try (use a usb keyboard and mouse) installing vooodoops2controller. It's a driver made by osx86 developers and usually gives basic functionality to most laptops. Google voodoops2controller

As for all the other things, from what I gather it is either very flaky or impossible.

Wifi doesn't work, period. You will need to swap out the old wifi card to just be happy with a USB stick.

Ethernet may work but not very reliably.

Audio apparently has recently been activated, google voodooHDA.

Sleep doesn't work

http://myhpmini.com/...-10--t1852.html ; this is a little out of date with audio and ethernet, but still.

There is also a guide and set of kexts (albeit 10.5 kexts which may not work on SL) on that website, which you could have found if you had just googled 'hp mini 5101 mac'. It was the first link.

If you had tried the above and it didn't work I'm sorry for being presumptuous, but otherwise it is a bit rude of you to just start a thread asking you for help. I would understand if a simple google search threw up a huge number of complicated results but a link that says "Leopard on the HP mini 5101" really doesn't need another forum post, does it?

Spades01

Spades01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for your help!

Out there are quite a lot of threads and I've spent some time to go through them but simply haven't found the one you mentioned (searching for "mac" just never occured to me, I searched for "OSX" and similar terms).
I'm sorry if I offended you by posting here. But I've already dealt with various methods and tutorials that promised to get me a working OSX. Most just didn't work on the 5101 or were quite erroneous from the start so I thought it might be more sensible to look for somebody who tried the same and has some experience.

Regards
Dirk

spooner.arhtur

spooner.arhtur

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello,
can you post the download-links for the software, please?

I unterstand that everything is working, also Wifi?

Thanks.

bye spooner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy