[Sell] Great EeePC 1005HA hacint0sh with Snow Leopard 10.6.3!

NBS

1 post in this topic

I am selling my Asus Eee PC 1005HA netbook, which is a hackint0sh. This is far more then just an old netbook with OS X on it, I went through a lot of work getting it where it is. I bought it back in February, from ClubMac.com for $300. I also bought a retail copy of Snow Leopard (which I'm including) for $30, since I don't support piracy. I also bought a new INTERNAL wireless 802.11n card and installed it since the stock card was incompatible with Snow Leopard ($29.99). I also bought a $34 8GB flash drive and ripped the OS X disk image to the drive so it can be installed off the flash drive (Since the netbook has no disk drive). All together, it's worth over $400, but I am asking $300 or best offer, which includes FREE Priority Mail (2-3 day) shipping. I love the machine and there is nothing wrong with it, the only reason I'm selling it is because I really need an internal DVD drive and this is a netbook, no internal drive, so I decided to put the money I get from this towards a new (real) MacBook. The system has the following specs:

Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 (retail DVD included)

Intel Atom 1.6GHz processor

10 inch LED screen

160 GB HDD

1 GB DDR2 RAM (upgradable to 2GB)

3 USB ports

WORKING 802.11n wifi

Legal Windows XP Home serial number is included, but it is not on the official sticker, since I removed all stickers from the machine in order to make it appear more Apple-like. The key is completely genuine, however.

The following are included:

Original box

Netbook itself (note this is the model without built in Bluetooth, there is a more expensive model that includes it)

Original battery

Original home charger

Original restore disk, to reinstall Windows XP Home and any other software the unit came with

Original manual

Retail copy of Mac OS X Snow Leopard ($30 value)

8GB flash drive with modified OS X installer (used to reinstall OS X, $34 value)

Instructions that I typed up which guide you through reinstalling OS X and updating it to 10.6.3 (priceless)

SNOW LEOPARD INFO

The system is running Mac OS X Snow Leopard, 10.6.3 on the one partition on its HDD. Windows is NOT installed, but can be installed and dual-booted, though I have not figured out how to set this up. Most everything, including sleep mode, 802.11b/g/n wifi, battery indication, multigesture trackpad, built-in webcam, work fine. I have NOT been able to get the following to work with OS X: Ethernet port, power button (it can be used to turn the system on and to force shut down, but will not turn off the system normally), shutdown (shutdown does turn off the OS and the LED screen, but the system remains running and the only way to shut it off after this is to hold down the power button. External VGA port (it will not work for mirroring but an external monitor can be connected and it be able to be used as an extended desktop on the external monitor), microphones (the two built-in microphones do not appear to function unless a third party driver is installed, and overtime you restart or aka from sleep, the driver has to be reset).

I accept PayPal ONLY, no cash/checks/money orders. Also, I can ship internationally, but it will cost more. If you'd prefer, I can create an eBay listing for you to buy it through, since I know many people would feel safer buying such an expensive item off eBay, where you're 100% protected against sellers that don't ship, especially since I'm new here. If you'd like me to create a listing for you to buy the system off of eBay, it will be an extra $30 (yes, they seriously charge $30 to sell a $300 item, no joke). So a total of $330. Please note that you will have to buy it immediately after me listing it since eBay will remove it if you don't (they don't allow hackint0shes to be listed, trust me I've tried..., they remove it within a day).

Note: it should be noted that this is one of the few legit hackint0shes available. According to Apple's EULA, OS X can only be installed onto an Apple-labeled computer (yes labeled, not branded, it says LABELED, and there is no definition as to exactly what labeled could mean), so I used one of the included Apple Stickers from Snow Leopard and placed it over the Eee PC logo and bam! It's Apple labeled! Wonder what they'd say if I brought it to an Apple store? I'm sure it wasn't Apple's intent, but when the EULA says "Apple-labeled" and Snow Leopard comes with two Apple labels, what's the average customer going to think?

Note 2: Although the system will come with a fresh install of OS X on its drive, and I am including full instructions on how to do a complete reinstall and update to 10.6.3, you are expected to have some hackint0sh knowledge since, when and if 10.6.4 comes out, you CANNOT use Apple Software Update to update. You will need to follow a special process in order to install 10.6.x updates. If you mess up, not my problem. I am not offering any warranties at all, no returns period. I will gladly help you though, if you need help reinstalling the OS, but I cannot help you with updating past 10.6.3, when and if these updates ever come.

post-622794-1275031738_thumb.jpg

post-622794-1275031749_thumb.jpg

post-622794-1275031758_thumb.jpg

post-622794-1275031771_thumb.jpg

post-622794-1275031783_thumb.jpg