HP Mini 210 Help (WiFi)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

jfally

jfally

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 108 posts
Recently hackintoshed a 210. Everything works fine, however Wifi is unrecognized. Not sure if buying a Dell 1510 would fix this, as it has with the 311. If anyone out there is rocking this model please post here and let me know your status.

VampireHunter_D

VampireHunter_D

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Recently hackintoshed a 210. Everything works fine, however Wifi is unrecognized. Not sure if buying a Dell 1510 would fix this, as it has with the 311. If anyone out there is rocking this model please post here and let me know your status.

jfally,

Do you know what the device ids of the card are? I posted some instructions in the thread that cgdavilab references in his post so you might want to try those.
Also if you get a chance could you possibly post your DSDT if you know how. I am have been trying to get my hands on one from a Mini 210 for some time to try and fix some issues on a lenovo machine. If not no big deal, but I would appreciate it if you could.

VampireHunter_D

VampireHunter_D

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Here is my hp mini 210 DSDT http://hpmini210.goo.../files/dsdt.dsl

@VampireHunter_D

Do you mind posting your modified kext and other files needed to get wireless working.? thanks!!!

cgdavilab,

Thanks for the DSDT. I do not have a 210 I was looking for some data from the 210 to try to resolve an issue with another NetBook. However if you could give me the vendor and product ids of the wireless card in your machine I can try to whip up a kext for you. Also if you tell me where it is on the PCI bus (EXP2/PXS2?) I can add a little device injection to the DSDT you posted which might help.

VampireHunter_D

VampireHunter_D

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hey VampireHunter_D, you are welcome, yes i read that was for another netbook, I hope it works for you.
I followed your instructions, i just have the 4311 kext, but the wireless was not detected. I don't know if this would matter but I have the g/Bluetooth combo Broadcom card. Bluetooth works great. I also don't know how to get those ids that you are asking for. I do know that when I click on PCI cards, it says, no pci cards installed.

Maybe try and grab dpcimanager from http://www.kexts.com...pcimanager.html and run it. Look for the entries that start with 14e4: , since I am assuming you have a broadcom card one of the listings there will be the vendor and device ids for your model. Also you say you only have the 4311 kext, are you on 10.6.1 still?

jfally

jfally

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 108 posts
I'm not sure what the device ID is. What is the simplest way to check it?

VampireHunter_D

VampireHunter_D

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Nice piece of software, here is what I got:

Eehhh about the 10.6.1, i am still in 10.6 I used netbook installer and under 10.6 is working good. When i tried to update to 10.6.1, 10.6.2 or 10.6.3, either doesn't boot or the trackpad and/or keyboard dies.
I tried the mach_kernel -v patch=x86_32 and is the same story.

thanks for all your assistance.

Looks like you are using the Broadcom 4312 or Dell 1395 wireless bluetooth combo which is pci14e4:4315 . Since I do not have the default 10.6.1 IO80211Family.kext laying around you will want to make sure that <string>pci14e4,4315</string> is in the Info.plist at /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/Info.plist . Add this entry and then repair your disk permissions. To see if it loaded click on the Apple Logo/About This Mac/More Info and then click the Extensions entry in the left frame and look for AppleAirportBrcm4311 to be listed. If it is the OS loaded the kext. Also I have attached a fixed DSDT for the machine. This DSDT does not have device injection but has the usual assortment of HPET/TIMR/RTC fixes and if you add your device to AppleLPC (<string>pci8086,27bc</string>) you may not have to rely on the NullCPU or Cpu override kexts.

Attached Files

VampireHunter_D

VampireHunter_D

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

VampireHunter,

Thanks you for the instructions, I added the pci string to the kext and repaired the permissions and checked the extensions in about this mac and it is there.
But the wireless still no show :wacko:
I added the DSDT file to my partition but do not know if it changed something. Sleep didn't work so i will try that to start with to see if there is any changes.

Now, can you please elaborate more in the adding my device to AppleLPC. And what changes would it bring.

Thanks again.

To use the AppleLPC you would need to add <string>pci8086,27bc</string> to the Info.plist at /System/Library/Extensions/AppleLPC.kext/Contents , what this will do is allow you to use Snow Leopard's speed stepping for power management and you can remove the CPUOverride kexts or NullCPU kexts if you are using them. This will only work if you use the attached DSDT. If you have don't know how to repair your system if you get a kernel panic on startup I probably would not bother with all this, but I wanted to share the information in case someone wanted to use the DSDT for more native power management.
Sorry about the wireless looks like we are stuck in the same boat were the kext loads but for some reason it never attaches to the wireless card even though the system recognizes the device ids. If I get more info on this I will share.

jfally

jfally

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 108 posts

@Jfally,

Could you please post the kexts that you are using for Audio and Ethernet? and where exactly are in your EFI partition? I haven't been able to use audio, ehternet was loaded on the first boot but no connection since then. thank you.

The kexts I'm using are in this file:
http://www.famegadge...ookCD_0.8.3.iso

I'm not sure where my EFI partition is. Ethernet works fine.

jfally

jfally

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 108 posts
Device ID's for the 210:

Posted Image

cgdavilab

cgdavilab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I dont know if this makes sense, I have a G/BT Wireless card, wireless does not work but bluetooth does work in 10.6.
I also have a G wireless card from an hp mini 1000, does work in 10.6 like a champ.

The cards have the same number, BCM 94312 HMG, they are both physically the same but, they do have a significant chip in different places.

Is there a way that I can get you guys numbers or ids that you might be able to determine what is going on.

cgdavilab

cgdavilab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

The kexts I'm using are in this file:
http://www.famegadge...ookCD_0.8.3.iso

I'm not sure where my EFI partition is. Ethernet works fine.

thanks, Ethernet and audio are working great, I was using Netbook Installer 8.4 RC#.

Is it safe to update? 10.6.1, 10.6.2, 10.6.3 or 10.6.4? without loosing trackpad or audio and if there is any specific order?

charlesoncharge

charlesoncharge

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have airport working perfectly. Since the 210 has the extra mini pci-e slot I just grabbed the airport card designed for any 2006-2008 macbook/macbook pro/mac pro and stuck it in there and ran the antenna cables up to it and removed the HP wireless card. Every time I power it on it alerts me the HP card is missing and I just hit return to continue booting. Not too shabby considering its running wireless N now and I just ran speed test through speakeasy and got 67Mbps down! I just installed mac os for the first time tonight using the instructions found here: http://www.famegadge...-hackintosh.htm

cesenabass

cesenabass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have everything working on my Hackintosh except for wireless and VGA output. I have a Broadcom model # BCM943225HM. How do I get this card to get recognized in Airport and working?

Thanks,

Cesenabass

Templar_93

Templar_93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I have everything working on my Hackintosh except for wireless and VGA output. I have a Broadcom model # BCM943225HM. How do I get this card to get recognized in Airport and working?

Thanks,

Cesenabass

Hey I have the Mini 210-1191NR with BCM-94313 b/g/n wireless card never was able to get it running finally broke down and bought a AP Extreme card for cheap at http://www.airportca...cproaimiai.html works like a charm (typing from my HP right now at a little diner in NM) i looked and looked and looked for anyone that got theirs running and couldn't find anything...so my belief is that this is the best option for this netbook (I REALLY miss my Mini 10v Stupid ex GF's) ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy