2 replies to this topic

sagedavid

sagedavid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
OK...

1st) Taping pin 20 ( http://code.google.c.../wiki/TapePin20 )

For some people, it may looks like a "déjà vu", but : How can I do when my pin 20 taped wifi card isn't recognized ?
I'm using a installation based on 10.6.3 retail DVD and HF5RC3 - Darwin kernel 10.3.0
I heard about a "theproto" DSDT.aml (for vanilla kernel ?), but, is it usable with my installation ?

I am looking for a solution (search engine, endless support topic), but, considering my life expectancy won't be more than 75 years (if I'm lucky), I open this new topic...

Thanks,

David

poofyhairguy

poofyhairguy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

How can I do when my pin 20 taped wifi card isn't recognized

You tape the pin on a new wifi card that you replace your wifi card with.

The original HP 311 wifi card is only useful in OSX if you have the version with bluetooth: then you can continue to use that bluetooth.

Otherwise (aka for actual wireless networking) the wifi card that comes with the HP mini is worthless in OSX.

I personally think that putting another wifi card in the full size slot is a bad idea (that is where the taping pin 20 comes in). I think it is better to get a half height wifi card that works with OSX (Dell 1510), then use third party bios to enable it. That way you can use the antenna's made for wireless built into the machine.

Hope that helped...

sagedavid

sagedavid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Ok, thanks a lot :whistle: !
My bluetooth is working fine... but I can't turn it off...
I gonna look for a half height wifi card...
Is it possible buying Dell 1510 card spare ?
My bios is (H or F) 14 version...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy