IntelE1000e kext (82566MM, 82577LM, etc)

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

_RicH_

_RicH_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

I've installed kalyway on a dell optiplex 780.

The network card (intel 82567LM-3) is not being detected, I've tried installing the kext with kext helper and kext utility but still nothing is shown under network. The device ID IS in the kext (10DE) so can anybody help me?

(edit) woohoo solved, I had to edit the kext for the file versions for com.apple.kpi.XXX from 9.8.0 to 9.2.0.

lezef

lezef

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Any way to more specific informations about this ? 'Cos I've got a Dell Studio XPS 435MT, MyHack 1.1 installed on it and it works fine. Except : network.
I've installed the Intel82566.kext on it and it seems that MacOS Snow Leopard 10.6.5 runs it properly (I can see it on Preferences Panel) It took the DHCP adress from my router and then, I can navigate through Safari... For 10 minutes !
Then, the IP adress went wrong (but strangely not the IPV6 adress ?) and I can't connect to internet or local network.
I've tried to setup a static IP adress after this problem, but it still can't connect to internet, even after a reboot or pfix.
Any ideas how I can solve this ? Any suggestions about the driver (is intel82566 good enough ? Or maybe where can I catch the intel82567-LV2 driver ?)
I'm really desperate !

metomet

metomet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Attached is a new kext I created for the latest round of Intel E1000e wired network cards.

Hello . Happy New Year and for sure, thanks man. Tested on 10.6.6 in both arch 32 & 64 - working .

Best Regards

ktbos

ktbos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Cool! Always good to know it works with later versions.

yycjwl123

yycjwl123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you very much
My hp6520s intel 82562lGT can used

jbkaok

jbkaok

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I have tried this kext as well as the AppleIntel8254Ethernet.kext from kexts.com which claims to support my 82573L. Kernel panics in both 32 and 64 bit mode. I am running iATKOS s3v2 on a Toshiba Satellite P105 with a T7200 core 2 duo. Thanks!

slipttees

slipttees

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Updated to 10.6.6 and intel82566mm.kext have me kp =/

this kext work on 10.6.6 and Intel82566DC ?

thx

AnonMac

AnonMac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hi, I downloaded the kexts, and installed the 10.6 32-bit/64-bit one. It recognizes it on my computer now, and I partially works. It gets an IP address, but doesn't connect to the internet or to any other computers on the LAN. I managed to get it to connect to the internet 2 and a half times, but at each reboot, everything would be gone.

Thanks, AnonMac

EDIT: Never mind, I used another kext. My computer is a Dell Optiplex 755.

m4f1050

m4f1050

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Will this work with NVidia also? I have a P55V motherboard that has built-in Intel E1000 and when I use GeForce.kext my NIC stops working.

I have to use Natit (no QE/CI) in order for my NIC to work. Not sure why... I guess I'll try and report back.

EDIT: Worked like a charm! ;) Thank you!

HeavyGamerXX94

HeavyGamerXX94

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Repairing Computers Hardware/Software, Gaming, Hacking Game Consoles.
Damn it! :( I can't get my "82566DM-2 Gigabit" to work in SL while it works normally in Mountain Lion DP1. The problem is, ML does not support SMB and I tried to use SMBup but unfortunately it keeps showing a problem that the service could not start. how unlucky I am! :( , I got sick of using Windows 7 to share my PS2SMB folder to Play Ps2 games over SMB. probably i'll try Lion and see if the manual installation of Samba3 is gonna work. thank you so much for the driver! :) (Y) Good Luck!

maleorderbride

maleorderbride

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Can this kext work with 10.7.5? I have an HP Nc360T that has a 82571EB chipset that I wanted to possibly use.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy