IntelE1000e kext (82566MM, 82577LM, etc)

ktbos

52 posts in this topic

That's a surprise. If the required libraries were found such that the kext would load, it should work just like it would on any other OS version. I suspect that it is more to do with the Intel card you have. Can you reply with the card details?

Hello, I'm hoping you might be able to help me.

I'm running 10.5.7 on a Dell Optiplex 755:

10.5.7 iATKOS v7

Chameleon 2 RC4

C2D 2.0GHz

4GB RAM

GMA3100 (soon to be an NVidia card)

Q35 Express Chipset

Intel E1000 Gigabit

(10BD8086 rev 2)

With the original 82566mm it shows up in System Preferences, but is not working correctly. The lights on the ethernet port don't light up and it won't get a DHCP address. All the links to the original 82566 kext are dead, the only one I got is from Sept 27, 2008. I know there was a later one released on October 15, but I can't get it.

With this new E1000 kext, I can't get it to show up at all. I've tried:

• Installing with KextHelper to S/L/E
  • Installing to E/E and fixing permissions manually
  • Followed this guide here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=225838
  • First two above after having edited the Bindings to reflect current versions from kextstat
  • Installing an older IONetworkingFamily.kext and updating the info.plist of the E1000 kext
  • Installing a stock 10.5.8 IONetworkingFamily.kext and reinstalling E1000 . . .

After the last one, IntelE1000e.kext (alone, not in tandem with 82566mm.kext) at least allowed it to detect the ethernet, but it gave me the same problem that I had with the original driver.

Hmm, I wouldn't recommend installing both kexts. If they both, match, they might both run and there's no telling what the results would be. And since yours is a form of the 82566 that the original 82566 kext was created for, I'd say that either kext should work for you or not work for you equally. The advantage to my new E1000e kext is simply that it is newer and therefore supports more cards. I know that doesn't get things fixed for you, sorry.

Surprisingly, it's usual Intel® 82577LM Gigabit Network Connection VEN-8086 DEV-10EA. Further Help would do.

Yep, that's a surprise alright - it's the same card I have! And it works fine in 10.6. I was not able to install 10.5 on my laptop so I can't tell you if the driver worked in 10.5 for my card.

Also, like I wrote in my reply above, I don't recommend installing this kext along with the 82566 kext. The behavior you describe is a possible result of having both active.

• Like 1

Surprisingly, it's usual Intel® 82577LM Gigabit Network Connection VEN-8086 DEV-10EA. Further Help would do.

I'm still not convinced it's an issue of MacOS version. The libraries shouldn't have changed that much since 10.5. Can you confirm that the card works on any other OS and that the hardware is not faulty? Check BIOS settings, etc.? What device are you hooking the computer up to (router, cable modem, etc.)?

You could also try this topic to see if you have any more luck.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm still not convinced it's an issue of MacOS version. The libraries shouldn't have changed that much since 10.5. Can you confirm that the card works on any other OS and that the hardware is not faulty? Check BIOS settings, etc.? What device are you hooking the computer up to (router, cable modem, etc.)?

You could also try this topic to see if you have any more luck.

I am using the old Intel82566mm.kext which works but upon restart, I have to delete Ethernet in Network Preference, Apply and Add It again to work. Windows has no problems, So I guess it's the driver (IntelE1000e.kext). ;)

• 1 month later...

Guys,

Sorry for what may seem like "asking the obvious" but I am having a very hard time following what is being recommended here. I have downloaded the file(s) mentioned but do not know if I am installing them properly.

Is there ANYONE out there that can PLEASE provide simple step-by-step instructions on how to install this update? I have looked in my S/L/E folder and believe that I am in the right place but not sure if what I am doing is working.

I have taken the file downloaded (IntelE1000e.kext) and used Kext Helper b7 to install the file after modifying the settings for my device ID as stated in the original file "Intel82566M.kext" in S/L/E. However, no success.

Very frustrated as I have been waiting for Snow on m machine running Leopard for the longest time (using iAtkos) and it all seems to be working fine except the network.

Running a HP tower with nVidia 8400 and built in Intel 82566M NIC.

I thought this supported my 82575's as well (had fiddled a while ago with integrating some of this code but am not fluent on OSX/Xcode) but it only set something improperly in my network cards requiring a 30 second time off cold boot for any other OS to be able to see them again.

Update: Is not working properly, i will play more with the driver. It's recognising and loading the driver without errors but needs more investigation.. ;)

It seems that is working by adding the string "0x10A78086" here

" <key>Intel 82578</key>

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>AppleIntelE1000e</string>

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x10ea8086 0x10eb8086 0x10ef8086 0x10f08086 0x10A78086</string>"

I was searching desperate to make it work, and just recognise it now. I still didn't tested to much cause i am at work but in few hours i will.

I have Supermicro X7DWA with Intel 82575EB Dual-port Gigabit Ethernet Controller and SnowLeopard.

• 2 weeks later...

copy to system/library/extensions and search on insanelymac to kextutility, run it, reboot and voila.

Guys,

Sorry for what may seem like "asking the obvious" but I am having a very hard time following what is being recommended here. I have downloaded the file(s) mentioned but do not know if I am installing them properly.

Is there ANYONE out there that can PLEASE provide simple step-by-step instructions on how to install this update? I have looked in my S/L/E folder and believe that I am in the right place but not sure if what I am doing is working.

I have taken the file downloaded (IntelE1000e.kext) and used Kext Helper b7 to install the file after modifying the settings for my device ID as stated in the original file "Intel82566M.kext" in S/L/E. However, no success.

Very frustrated as I have been waiting for Snow on m machine running Leopard for the longest time (using iAtkos) and it all seems to be working fine except the network.

Running a HP tower with nVidia 8400 and built in Intel 82566M NIC.

type in projectosx' site dx58so and choose how to make it better; or something the like.

there is the link to the better original kext (the guy of project camphor added some powermanagement to it. if you are not sure you have the best driver mail me at bernfeld @ DDS .nl

• 3 weeks later...

Any Ideas on how to have DUAL network cards ?

I have an onboard network card Intel 825662DC-2 and a PCI network card Intel Gigabit 82541 PI also tried a 3COM 3c905C

It works great with the onboard, but does not seem to detect the second NIC at all

in linux I would use lspci but this does not work in OS X and I can't decipher the IORegistryExplorer Info

Just need to get TWO NICs working

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've installed kalyway on a dell optiplex 780.

The network card (intel 82567LM-3) is not being detected, I've tried installing the kext with kext helper and kext utility but still nothing is shown under network. The device ID IS in the kext (10DE) so can anybody help me?

(edit) woohoo solved, I had to edit the kext for the file versions for com.apple.kpi.XXX from 9.8.0 to 9.2.0.

Any way to more specific informations about this ? 'Cos I've got a Dell Studio XPS 435MT, MyHack 1.1 installed on it and it works fine. Except : network.

I've installed the Intel82566.kext on it and it seems that MacOS Snow Leopard 10.6.5 runs it properly (I can see it on Preferences Panel) It took the DHCP adress from my router and then, I can navigate through Safari... For 10 minutes !

Then, the IP adress went wrong (but strangely not the IPV6 adress ?) and I can't connect to internet or local network.

I've tried to setup a static IP adress after this problem, but it still can't connect to internet, even after a reboot or pfix.

Any ideas how I can solve this ? Any suggestions about the driver (is intel82566 good enough ? Or maybe where can I catch the intel82567-LV2 driver ?)

I'm really desperate !

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have tried this kext as well as the AppleIntel8254Ethernet.kext from kexts.com which claims to support my 82573L. Kernel panics in both 32 and 64 bit mode. I am running iATKOS s3v2 on a Toshiba Satellite P105 with a T7200 core 2 duo. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hi, I downloaded the kexts, and installed the 10.6 32-bit/64-bit one. It recognizes it on my computer now, and I partially works. It gets an IP address, but doesn't connect to the internet or to any other computers on the LAN. I managed to get it to connect to the internet 2 and a half times, but at each reboot, everything would be gone.

Thanks, AnonMac

EDIT: Never mind, I used another kext. My computer is a Dell Optiplex 755.

• 5 months later...

Will this work with NVidia also? I have a P55V motherboard that has built-in Intel E1000 and when I use GeForce.kext my NIC stops working.

I have to use Natit (no QE/CI) in order for my NIC to work. Not sure why... I guess I'll try and report back.

EDIT: Worked like a charm! ;) Thank you!

• 10 months later...

Damn it! :( I can't get my "82566DM-2 Gigabit" to work in SL while it works normally in Mountain Lion DP1. The problem is, ML does not support SMB and I tried to use SMBup but unfortunately it keeps showing a problem that the service could not start. how unlucky I am! :( , I got sick of using Windows 7 to share my PS2SMB folder to Play Ps2 games over SMB. probably i'll try Lion and see if the manual installation of Samba3 is gonna work. thank you so much for the driver! :) (Y) Good Luck!