Hackintosh on my Netbook - I require Assisistance!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

iEzerith

iEzerith

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Publisher: Packard Bell
Model: .dot Netbook
RAM: 1,00 GB
Processor: Intel Atom CPU N270 @ 1.6GHz, 1.6GHz
Graphics: Built in graphics card (Intel Chipset)

Installing iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 Macintosh works decently, but ends up with the following problems:
  • Resolution permanently stuck on 800x600.
  • Ethernet (Cable internet) not working. Plugging in a cable results in nothing.
  • Wifi device will not work. At least it doesn't show up in the list of other items (battery, sound, etc.

I have tried countless fixes and kexts, and it still will not work!
Help me get these to work, and I shall be forever grateful. If you need me to set up remote desktop or TeamViewer, I will. If I can get Mac to work on this thing without these problems, I'll be really happy - and I MIGHT not even have to buy a Mac as I planned.

//iEzerith

iEzerith

iEzerith

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
{censored} bump

iEzerith

iEzerith

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
God damnit you guys, this is hopeless, posting in the {censored} netbook forums have had me waiting 2 weeks soon...

-DeLuXe-

-DeLuXe-

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
well when you went to install and you clicked the customized tab, what did you select. If you cant tell me then do a reinstall and select your hardware so you can have them supported. I personally like iDeneb because its the oly distro that works for me, and be patient it took me 10 time to get everything good post back with a answer.

all the best,

-DeLuXe-

iEzerith

iEzerith

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I don't know what hardware I have. Any utility to check?

-DeLuXe-

-DeLuXe-

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
/usr/sbin/system_profiler

or

sysctl -A

iEzerith

iEzerith

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Yeah, I don't know where I stated I was using Linux, idiot.

iEzerith

iEzerith

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
bump

poofyhairguy

poofyhairguy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Yeah, I don't know where I stated I was using Linux, idiot.

Who said anything about Linux? Those were just command line commands, to be put in the terminal.

A bad attitude and a fear of the command-line will lead you to certain failure in these parts. If hackintoshing were easy, Apple would legislate us off the planet....

iEzerith

iEzerith

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Who said anything about Linux? Those were just command line commands, to be put in the terminal.

A bad attitude and a fear of the command-line will lead you to certain failure in these parts. If hackintoshing were easy, Apple would legislate us off the planet....

Because Unix/Linux terminal commands work for Windows 7.
Seriously, it's not a fear of command-line, but the fact that people don't read the OP, and the fact the forums are practically ABONDONED makes me pissed.

I am not using Linux, I am using Windows 7, and as every person who has ever fiddled with a PC should know, is that Windows does NOT have a Terminal. It has a Command Prompt, but it doesn't function half the same way the Linux Terminal does, and cannot run the same commands.

poofyhairguy

poofyhairguy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Because Unix/Linux terminal commands work for Windows 7.
Seriously, it's not a fear of command-line, but the fact that people don't read the OP, and the fact the forums are practically ABONDONED makes me pissed.

Where in your OP did you even mention Windows 7?

The commands were intended to be run in OSX, as that is the OS you are trying to get to work. OSX is a real version of Unix with a real command line, which is what this forum is all about.

I am not using Linux, I am using Windows 7, and as every person who has ever fiddled with a PC should know, is that Windows does NOT have a Terminal. It has a Command Prompt, but it doesn't function half the same way the Linux Terminal does, and cannot run the same commands.

No one mentioned you using Linux, and you never mentioned wanting to dual boot Windows 7.

If you want to be successful at hackintoshing you must understand:

1.That this community is not like the Ubuntu forums. No one really cares if you can run OSX on your machine, we don't profit in any way from spreading OSX (like people get a moral boost spreading Ubuntu). We all do it because we want to use OSX on non-approved machines, and by helping each other in that goal we help ourselves. But the community as a whole has little patience for hand holding.

2. That we hackintoshers are all scavengers with sub-communities that focus on particular hardware. Your machine doesn't have a community behind it. Given how little you know about hackintoshing, then it might be hard to get it completely working. That is why most people who hackintosh research before buying stuff to get products that have an active Hackintosh community.

3. Hackintosh is freaking hard. Linux is NOTHING compared to Hackintoshing- I know I was part of the Ubuntu forum staff for a while.

OSX and Apple are actively fighting our efforts to use OSX on non-approved machines. The hoops I have jumped through to get my hackintoshes to work (including: hours of command-line work, kext editing, at least 60 OSX installs to fix issues, tons of DSDT hacking) have been the reason to do it!

You do not get into hackintoshing because you want a cheap Mac- Apple makes hackintoshing hard enough that generally you will waste far more effort hackintoshing that it costs to just work extra to buy a Mac.

You hackintosh to get things Apple won't offer (such as my ION Netbook or my mid-range Hackintosh tower desktop), and for the thrill of the ride. You do it because you can, because OSX rocks, and because it is a way to actively fight the walled garden of iLand.

With all that said, looking at your system it seems like it has common parts to many popular Acer machines. The chipset is probably supported: search for either the Acer A150 (if it has a 9 inch screen) or D150 (if it has a ten inch screen) on the forum. Any guides/kexts/etc you find will most likely work. I personally have a D150 and it makes a decent hackintosh (except for a lack of sleep) and dual boots easy.

But it takes time to get there. And step one is realizing that Windows 7 won't help you at all- you fix OSX within OSX.

Good luck....

iEzerith

iEzerith

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
See, that wasn't so hard, was it?

I'm not sure wether I have a 9 or ten inch screen, but to be honest, I think it's 8,9. But that would count as 9 inch screen, I GUESS?

Mrskain

Mrskain

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Publisher: Packard Bell
Model: .dot Netbook
RAM: 1,00 GB
Processor: Intel Atom CPU N270 @ 1.6GHz, 1.6GHz
Graphics: Built in graphics card (Intel Chipset)

Installing iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 Macintosh works decently, but ends up with the following problems:

• Resolution permanently stuck on 800x600.
  • Ethernet (Cable internet) not working. Plugging in a cable results in nothing.
  • Wifi device will not work. At least it doesn't show up in the list of other items (battery, sound, etc.

I have tried countless fixes and kexts, and it still will not work!
Help me get these to work, and I shall be forever grateful. If you need me to set up remote desktop or TeamViewer, I will. If I can get Mac to work on this thing without these problems, I'll be really happy - and I MIGHT not even have to buy a Mac as I planned.

//iEzerith

Although u give some information, theres more stuff you need to know to solve this.

Look for full specs of you netbook. example:

My netbook snow has this specifications:

Intel® Atom™ Processor N450 (1.66GHz, 512KB L2 cache, 667MHz FSB)<LI>10.1″ WSVGA Acer CrystalBrite™ LED-backlit Display<LI>Mobile Intel® NM10 Express Chipset<LI>Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3150<LI>1024MB DDR2 667MHz Memory<LI>160GB(2) 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive<LI>Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader<LI>Acer InviLink™ Nplify™ 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED®<LI>10/100 Fast Ethernet LAN (RJ-45)<LI>Built-in Webcam<LI>Two Built-in Stereo Speaker<LI>s
Multi-Gesture Touchpad<LI>3 – USB 2.0 Ports<LI>6-cell Li-ion Battery (4400 mAh)
Check the bottom of the netbook, should be a tag there with serial info , and google it.

From waht i can reckon u might have the graphic card like mine intel 3150, this one is tricky as its diferent from the X3100 so u cant use the same kexts. after some google search u can find some gma950 kexts chnaged to run for the 3150, unfortunatelly only for SNOW LEOPARD.

ethernet you just need to choose legacy intel under customize and it should work nicely.

wifi i have an atheros wich for SNOW LEOPARD there are kexts done but not for LEO.

if u decide to do a SL install, remember to also choose kernel atom or snow wont run due to the atom processor.

Once u get some more info on your system, ill glady give u a hand

P.S.- After around 1Million attempts to get this netbook running OSX i jsut cant get sleep to work, so if u cant live without it. win7 is the way

Cheers

protom

protom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi there I just got an emachines m350 (acer)
with atom n450
nm10 express
atheros AR8132 ethernet
atheros AR9285 wifi

I got snow leopard to work on the machine but network adapters dont work and it seems graphic are really slow
could you link me toward the good kext or procedure that got you your machine to work

I know that you can find all those on the forums but its such a mess and since you have exactly the same configuration it would really help

Being new to all that how do you install or modify kext

thanks a lot

Although u give some information, theres more stuff you need to know to solve this.

Look for full specs of you netbook. example:

My netbook snow has this specifications:

Intel® Atom™ Processor N450 (1.66GHz, 512KB L2 cache, 667MHz FSB)<LI>10.1″ WSVGA Acer CrystalBrite™ LED-backlit Display<LI>Mobile Intel® NM10 Express Chipset<LI>Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3150<LI>1024MB DDR2 667MHz Memory<LI>160GB(2) 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive<LI>Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader<LI>Acer InviLink™ Nplify™ 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED®<LI>10/100 Fast Ethernet LAN (RJ-45)<LI>Built-in Webcam<LI>Two Built-in Stereo Speaker<LI>s
Multi-Gesture Touchpad<LI>3 – USB 2.0 Ports<LI>6-cell Li-ion Battery (4400 mAh)
Check the bottom of the netbook, should be a tag there with serial info , and google it.

From waht i can reckon u might have the graphic card like mine intel 3150, this one is tricky as its diferent from the X3100 so u cant use the same kexts. after some google search u can find some gma950 kexts chnaged to run for the 3150, unfortunatelly only for SNOW LEOPARD.

ethernet you just need to choose legacy intel under customize and it should work nicely.

wifi i have an atheros wich for SNOW LEOPARD there are kexts done but not for LEO.

if u decide to do a SL install, remember to also choose kernel atom or snow wont run due to the atom processor.

Once u get some more info on your system, ill glady give u a hand

P.S.- After around 1Million attempts to get this netbook running OSX i jsut cant get sleep to work, so if u cant live without it. win7 is the way

Cheers

mrazyboy

mrazyboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hi iEzerith i have the same netbook with you, and i want to use mac. but i couldn't setup it, i try to use hp usb flash as a cd-rom&dvdrom, and it wont show me setup options, i use it on boot and only showed me a half of apple, did you use an external dvd-rom ? i try to find and i couldnt find, if there is another way, i want to try, i also try that; remove netbook hdd and put it to my desktop, i setup hackintosh in desktop, then i put it to netbook again, later it shows me the same apple, also i want to learn that which hackintosh versiyon did you use ? if you answer me i will be so happy.

sorry for my bad english..

also if you can give me the version's link that you use, i will be great full..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy