Any crossover VNC app?

Tornado

10 posts in this topic

Hey,

Does anyone know of a vnc program that runs on both windows and mac, I have a few people who don't believe me that I have OS X on my pc, so I would like to run a VNC server on my home pc running os x and then connect to it from my laptop work pc running windows xp so that I can show them the desktop, any ideas?

Hey,

Does anyone know of a vnc program that runs on both windows and mac, I have a few people who don't believe me that I have OS X on my pc, so I would like to run a VNC server on my home pc running os x and then connect to it from my laptop work pc running windows xp so that I can show them the desktop, any ideas?

You can check http://www.versiontracker.com but if your just wanting to connect from OSX to a vnc server than just run the http java client on the server (ultravnc has this) and then you just connect through a web browser with java client. Its pretty nice no real clients to mess with. When I'm at some strange computer I dont need to download or install any applications, maybe java if they dont already have it.

VNC is a generic protocol any server should work with any client.

Yeah, connect is the word. But for example, UltraVNC is quite optimized, so if you run a server w/it and connect w/some other build it'd seem slower.

Hey,

KDX client/server. Put the server on the machine you want to control. Open port 10700 on the server. Go to your friends place and open KDX client. Connect to your ip... ie: XX.XXX.XXX.XXX:10700. Login into your server as administrator. Choose 'View/Control Display. A window will pop up showing your home computer's desktop, and anytime your mouse cursor is within that window you will have control over the keyboard and mouse of the home computer.

It's the easiest remote program I've seen, and will work on windows, osx, osx86, linux. http://www.haxial.org

Uhhh, OS X Tiger has a built in VNC server.  Look at the options under Sharing, Apple Remote Desktop.

Yes, but it completely does not work when connecting from a PC VNC client... Someone else stated in a post that this was the case, so I tried it, and it's true... It does work when connecting from a Mac client...

For the record, I tried UltraVNC for PC as the client... I don't remember if I tried with realVNC, or not.. (I believe i had it installed when I tested, but have since removed it)

Paul