[Guide] Sony VAIO VPCF115FM 10.6.3 installation, Chameleon on own partition, dual boot.

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Mammoth

Mammoth

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

@ Phantom Thief Dark Mousy

The Boot CD works fine with my VAIO F (VPCF11JFX/:ninja: and the 10.6.3 retail DVD. Both machines are very similar. I get 1280 X 1024 as resolution. What's the kext used for display/graphics?

@ Mammoth

Are you posting the instruction for dual boot & separate partition for Chameleon soon? Phantom's boot CD works fine and I'd like to setup a dual boot system.

An user (Extraspeed) used voodoohda for the ALC275 audio, I'm still trying to get the audio.
Also, I think the "real" ethernet controller in our laptops is 88E8057, even though in sony's support site the driver is listed as 88E8040.

You mentioned about getting wifi using firewire, are you gonna post that anytime soon?

Thanks for the update on the boot CD and I'm glad it's working for you! I finally got the mouse/TrackPad and keyboard working. Now I just have to figure out why my machine is hanging at 17 minutes. Maybe it has something to do with this test hard drive I'm using... I'm going to try a different hard drive and see if that's it.

I am so close now to having a fully customized boot CD which I can update as we improve things.

Once I get my boot CD finished and machine booting with it, yes, the guide is forth coming! : ) I already have it all working on my machine with a Cham partition, 2 installs of OS X, and Windows 7! So I don't have to work any issues, just document. It will be either tomorrow or the following day.

I am looking forward to getting full video, sound, and networking, so if others are making progress - AWESOME!

@Midtown: Yes, I will be posting the way to get networking over Firewire, but it's not through WiFi. It's a cabled (tethered) approach.

Mammoth

Mammoth

Mammoth

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

@ Phantom Thief Dark Mousy

The Boot CD works fine with my VAIO F (VPCF11JFX/:rolleyes: and the 10.6.3 retail DVD. Both machines are very similar. I get 1280 X 1024 as resolution. What's the kext used for display/graphics?

Hey Dark & Midtown,

I think I finally figured out all of my issues (BIOS settings & boot args). It's installing now using my boot CD. Question: How long does it take (actual time) once you get the blue bar and "Installing" banner? I want to find the combination that will give the fastest install times.

Also, do you get a "Failed" or "Success" message at the end of the install?

THANKS!

INSTALL GUIDE v1.0 coming tomorrow!

jlvaio

jlvaio

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Hey Dark & Midtown,

I think I finally figured out all of my issues (BIOS settings & boot args). It's installing now using my boot CD. Question: How long does it take (actual time) once you get the blue bar and "Installing" banner? I want to find the combination that will give the fastest install times.

THANKS!

WHAT HAPPEN TO MY POSTS!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
are we walking by the head talking with feet and reading ... on this topics
i have provides important and essentials information about the reason why vaio users can't enable backlight and internal screen with qe/ci and the post were deleted now

what are you doing? all injectors works with nvidia cards nvkush;nvenabler nvdarwin edid injection on dsdt efi strings works efistudio efistudio extended they enabled vga hdmi(without sounds ) and sometimes with rotation but no one enable internal screen or backlight many valors of nvcap givesthe same results...

i' ve read you give the fix:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
fine it's new:i'm using it since my first installation 3 years ago
i m informing you that using vesa mode doesn' t give hdmi or vga and no qe/ci and without them no vlc no ilife no fcp
for trackpad try those from kalyway
for webcam i can give something but i' m afraid that it been deleted on this topic
i have tried everything related has video injector read all the forums in linux and osx

I CAN AFFIRM NOW THE ONLY THING NEEDED FOR VAIO IS PORTING SNC DRIVER TO OSX

do you mean about galilleé? what is the problem?
is it because i reply to kiwan who is quote as legend did he read the links i have give

do you think you are superior mind to decide what's wrong without reading are you medium?
why saying i m flooding topic about dsdt is it because i'm noob and i 've found the answer but because i can't coding i'm not able to talk

the people don't need censor i first believe osx project is for freedom but if you said it's not i will go to vista

in my poor life i 've never seen things like this.
i' ve posted thislinks because i'm tired that people waste their times on bad tracks but if it was a game for you i can sayd anything to save you or anyone who deleted posts

thanks to have wasted my times

if maybe my posts on the two topics reappears i can discuss and provides more info about what are the things that works or not on my config and things i've found about enabling sounds with hdmi for example...

regards to all vaio users

p.s.

SNC device is the only thing that miss to have qe/ci with internal screen

thanks to eraser for wasting my timesPosted Image

jlvaio

jlvaio

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
@midtown :)

88E8057

for ethernet
go to s/l/e
open ionetworkingfamily /plugin /yukon marvell
search the name of your card on plist with textmate find secondarymatch and delete the 2 lines
close trash mkext and patch your sound linux codec with tarugav1.2
and things happen

preference /+new ethernet /advanced/ enable appletalk and proxies /remove firewire connection/restart

that's all

Mammoth

Mammoth

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

WHAT HAPPEN TO MY POSTS!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
are we walking by the head talking with feet and reading ... on this topics
i have provides important and essentials information about the reason why vaio users can't enable backlight and internal screen with qe/ci and the post were deleted now

Hello JLVaio,

I didn't delete your post(s), honestly. I saw that it was missing and I thought YOU deleted it. Perhaps there is some kind of InsanelyMac rule about cross posting, or maybe there is a bot that runs and looks for posts with many links in search of SPAMMERS, but it wasn't me. Sorry about that. In fact, I thought your info was so valuable that copied all your links and saved them locally! :P So if you would like or need, I could send them to you. I would like to post them again, but someone removed them for some reason.

I have an idea; why don't you create a new list (but remove the dead links), put them in a text edit file so all the links will be preserved, and then .ZIP the file and attach it with a name something like VALUABLE_SONY_VAIO_LINKS.ZIP. That would be great and I'm sure no one would remove it (unless there is conspiracy going on)!

Once again, sorry about that, but I know I didn't, and I doubt Kizwan would, have anything to do with that. I have had MANY posts deleted in my day, MANY, and it always really pisses me off! :)

Be well, and you are welcome at my thread!

Mammoth

@midtown ;)

88E8057

for ethernet
go to s/l/e
open ionetworkingfamily /plugin /yukon marvell
search the name of your card on plist with textmate find secondarymatch and delete the 2 lines
close trash mkext and patch your sound linux codec with tarugav1.2
and things happen

preference /+new ethernet /advanced/ enable appletalk and proxies /remove firewire connection/restart

that's all

Once again, thank you very much JLVaio for your valuable time and input. :) If this is all it will take to get networking... uh, working, that would be awesome!

I have a question about the "/remove firewire connection" part. Is that going to kill firewire? If not, what WILL it do?

@Midtown

I am working on the customized boot CD and Guide ALL DAY TODAY, so I don't have time to try this. If you do, and it works, could you please post the patched/working IONetworkingFamily.kext and I will add it to the top post and give JLVaio and you credit for your work!

Thank you both!

jlvaio

jlvaio

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Hello JLVaio,

I didn't delete your post(s), honestly. I saw that it was missing and I thought YOU deleted it. Perhaps there is some kind of InsanelyMac rule about cross posting, or maybe there is a bot that runs and looks for posts with many links in search of SPAMMERS, but it wasn't me. Sorry about that. In fact, I thought your info was so valuable that copied all your links and saved them locally! :P So if you would like or need, I could send them to you. I would like to post them again, but someone removed them for some reason.

I have an idea; why don't you create a new list (but remove the dead links), put them in a text edit file so all the links will be preserved, and then .ZIP the file and attach it with a name something like VALUABLE_SONY_VAIO_LINKS.ZIP. That would be great and I'm sure no one would remove it (unless there is conspiracy going on)!

Once again, sorry about that, but I know I didn't, and I doubt Kizwan would, have anything to do with that. I have had MANY posts deleted in my day, MANY, and it always really pisses me off! :)

Be well, and you are welcome at my thread!

Mammoth

Once again, thank you very much JLVaio for your valuable time and input. :D If this is all it will take to get networking... uh, working, that would be awesome!

I have a question about the "/remove firewire connection" part. Is that going to kill firewire? If not, what WILL it do?

@Midtown

I am working on the customized boot CD and Guide ALL DAY TODAY, so I don't have time to try this. If you do, and it works, could you please post the patched/working IONetworkingFamily.kext and I will add it to the top post and give JLVaio and you credit for your work!

Thank you both!

remove firewire is just for firewire connection on the systeme preference/reseau because i don t think you connected web with firewire i don t remind the good words because i'm using vista to reply and the fix it was what i did for 88E..55 i don t have the link for source information and taruga made it enabled don't know why after you have change the 2 lines in the plist don t have more times for post today sorry if the erase is an error but they mentioned snc sfep sonyfirmware extension driver and the fix for dsdt that i can 't apply to mine because i' m nood and don t understand coding or dsdt

regards

Mammoth

Mammoth

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Hello all VAIO users,

Please post any VAIO related KEXT files. I will post them on the first post and include them in future rolls of the boot CD.

Thank you!

:blink:

Phantom Thief Dark Mousy

Phantom Thief Dark Mousy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Hey Dark & Midtown,

THANKS!

I dont remember how long it took, but I believe installing with all options selected took about 30 minutes. With my didsk I got an installation succeeded (green check mark).

Mammoth

Mammoth

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Mammoth Boot CD v1.0 posted!

Please read my notes under UPDATE on post #1!

Please report your experience, comments, suggestions, thoughts, etc., on the Boot CD.

Thanks!

sensess

sensess

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh i7 3770k - 16GB - GTX660 TI - Z77MAG45
Hey Mammoth!
I downloaded your BootCd. but.. it didn't work for me.
It restarts right after selecting de DVD. I tryed Cpus=8 and it busratio=12 was the same.
Anyway I'm using a Vaio VPCF1190x, it's really similar (i7 720 gt330m 500GB 6GB RAM)
Also i tryed booting the 10.6.2 retail DVD.

Anything special for booting?

Good luck!

thezigner

thezigner

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Guys,

Will it be possible to install SL and use the original installation files from VAIO to install win7 on the same hard drive??

Will it be explained on the guide?

Thank you very much!

Tomorrow i'll make my first tests!

Daniel

Mammoth

Mammoth

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Hey Mammoth!
I downloaded your BootCd. but.. it didn't work for me.
It restarts right after selecting de DVD. I tryed Cpus=8 and it busratio=12 was the same.
Anyway I'm using a Vaio VPCF1190x, it's really similar (i7 720 gt330m 500GB 6GB RAM)
Also i tryed booting the 10.6.2 retail DVD.

Anything special for booting?

Good luck!

Are you able to try a 10.6.3 disc?

Mammoth

sensess

sensess

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh i7 3770k - 16GB - GTX660 TI - Z77MAG45

Are you able to try a 10.6.3 disc?

Mammoth

Nope.. I only have the 10.6.2.
Another thing, The BootCD was not able to boot my already installed OSX (10.6.3) Same error I think. (the empire efi cd does boot it perfectly)
It was hard to read (it apear just 0.1second) but I think the problem was when Loading Darwinx86.

Mammoth

Mammoth

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Nope.. I only have the 10.6.2.
Another thing, The BootCD was not able to boot my already installed OSX (10.6.3) Same error I think. (the empire efi cd does boot it perfectly)
It was hard to read (it apear just 0.1second) but I think the problem was when Loading Darwinx86.

Ok, I'm going to look into this. It could be on your 10.6.3 that you have already installed the MacBook Pro 1.3 update and are on the 10.3.1 kernel. If you could confirm this, it would be helpful.

I think for P55(M) chipsets, we MUST use 10.6.3. I was able to force 10.6.0 on my first test by putting the laptop drive in my desktop Hack and installing straight to the drive, then was able to update it the same way, then put in the laptop. At that time, few, if any, boot CD's were working (another reason I set out to make my own). But now many of them have been patched with the new kernel.

If you are able to get a 10.6.3 .ISO (AGAIN, for anyone who cares, I BOUGHT my 10.6.0 Retail SL from Best Buy), but found the 10.6.3 .ISO... somewhere else... matey! :pirate2: Could you please try that and let me know.

If someone has a 10.6.2 R SL (is there one?), could you try that and let us know.

Thanks all,

Mammoth

Mammoth

Mammoth

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
INSTALLATION GUIDE POSTING

UPDATE 05-26-2010: PART I - PREPARATION (v1.00) of the 7 part Installation Guide has been posted! Get it from the file section below. This isn't enough to complete the installation, but it is all of the first steps. I am working frantically on completing PART II now, and want to get all 7 parts completed and posted ASAP. Please let me know what you think of Part I and if there are any mistakes or corrections that may need to be made. I will post the other parts ASAP, and hope to have at least II and III posted today.

Mammoth

Life. Who has time for it?

Mammoth

Mammoth

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
ANOTHER INSTALLATION GUIDE POSTING TODAY

UPDATE 05-26-2010: PART II - INSTALLING OS X (v1.00) of the 7 part Installation Guide has been posted! Get it from the file section. This still isn't enough to complete the installation, but once Part III is posted, you will be able to! :) I am now working on completing and posting PART III now.

Thank you all for your patience. It is taking longer than I expected to complete the guides, but this is because not only am I being very careful to insure accuracy, I am literally going through each step and performing an installation to make double sure everything is documented and works, thus greatly increasing your chances for an easy, successful installation.

Mammoth

crverik

crverik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Mammoth,

pt. 1&2 of the guide are looking really good. Seems that you've tried to keep the same lvl of orderly detailed explation as BlackOSX did with his guide. Keep up the good work, I know this kind of work demands much of you. Really appreciate it  ;)

I'm also thinking of buying VPCF115, and when i get it, i will definitely help testing with all of this because if this laptop runs osx 100% it wil be the next best hackintosh laptop. And thats a big step forward :) Even if we won't get osx to run fully operational i'll buy the vaio because next to the macbook its the most stylish laptop with high end specs hehe  :D

Also bigup for Kizwan if he reads this (probably :P ).

Mammoth

Mammoth

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Mammoth,

pt. 1&2 of the guide are looking really good. Seems that you've tried to keep the same lvl of orderly detailed explation as BlackOSX did with his guide. Keep up the good work, I know this kind of work demands much of you. Really appreciate it  ;)

I'm also thinking of buying VPCF115, and when i get it, i will definitely help testing with all of this because if this laptop runs osx 100% it wil be the next best hackintosh laptop. And thats a big step forward ;) Even if we won't get osx to run fully operational i'll buy the vaio because next to the macbook its the most stylish laptop with high end specs hehe  ;)

Also bigup for Kizwan if he reads this (probably :P ).

Thanks very much CRVErik!

Yes, BlackOSX IS the Mac Man! His standards are of the highest quality and I realize imitation is the highest form of flattery, so I am pleased to imitate his fine work! ;)

I was shocked when I saw the specs for the VPCF115FM/B! Anad the price? Best Buy had it for like $1299.00 and no interest for 18 months! Crazy.

Part III of the guide is just about done, couldn't sleep last night so I was working on it from like 2 AM - 5 AM; back up and at it again. :P

Mammoth

Mammoth

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
UPDATE FOR 05-27-2010

UPATE 05-27-2010
I am working very hard on the very important Part III of the guide, the last piece we need in order to complete an initial install. I am finding, and killing lots of bugs as I go along and developing the cleanest, fastest, most direct install procedure possible.

Due to my approach, I have a few things to give you now while you are waiting for Part III to be finished and uploaded:

1) A new com.apple.Boot.plist is available! Depending on what is in your current one, this one could really improve your system performance, so get it and try it out.

2) I have created a brand new, very clean set of DSDT files, necessary for anyone who wants to try to create their own from scratch.

Both of these are available in the FILES area NOW.

3) While I am working to complete Part III of the Guide, I am developing the MUCH improved Mammoth Boot CD v1.10 at the same time. The new boot CD will be required in order to follow the guides, and as already mentioned, is MUCH improved. :thumbsup_anim:

I'm getting very close to having them both completed; they both will DEFINITELY be ready later today (baring any serious new issues that is).

Also, I realize the main page has become A MESS! I plan on cleaning it up soon, but first the guides need to be completed.

Mammoth

Mammoth

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

* UPDATE * MAY 28, 2010

GUIDE PART III DONE AND POSTED. MAMMOTH BOOT CD V1.20 DONE AND POSTED! Get them from the FILES section. You can now do a complete install using guides I - III!

Also, get the updated versions of both Guides I & II

PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENTS

THANKS (I NEED A WEEKEND)

MAMMOTH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy