[Mini 311] Hibernate image too old... and restart !

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

sagedavid

sagedavid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Hi,
I didn't found an exact answer to my problem in the endless 311's support topics...
I made my installation strictly following mosslack's(?) instructions - using NetbookBootmaker - ( http://docs.google.c...1...jN2Zt&hl=en ) except that I am using a 10.6.3 SL retail DVD (no 10.6.3 Combo Update, so)...

My problem : when re-booting my mini 311
1) First, this message : "hibernate image is too old by xxxx seconds, use forcewake=y to override"
2) A few seconds later, a beautiful "You need to restart your computer. Hold down... button again"

Is the problem my using 10.6.3 ?
Any solution :wacko: ? H E L P !

Regards,

David

PS : maybe I forgot to Run UpdateExtra in the /Extra folder ;) ?
PS bis : my bios is F02... Is that a problem... I didn't found the data for "flashing" it to F04...

sagedavid

sagedavid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Ok, no answer... It's a kind of answer :( !
I think I'll try an other method...
I hope using SL 10.6.3 is not a problem, as in all methods, there is an "update to 10.6.3" step...

Thanks for all,
Regards,

David

Yragael

Yragael

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Hi,
I didn't found an exact answer to my problem in the endless 311's support topics...
I made my installation strictly following mosslack's(?) instructions - using NetbookBootmaker - ( http://docs.google.c...1...jN2Zt&hl=en ) except that I am using a 10.6.3 SL retail DVD (no 10.6.3 Combo Update, so)...

My problem : when re-booting my mini 311
1) First, this message : "hibernate image is too old by xxxx seconds, use forcewake=y to override"

You must add this option to com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra directory

2) A few seconds later, a beautiful "You need to restart your computer. Hold down... button again"

Try to boot in verbose mode (-f), then you'll see why you get kernel panic.
Maybe you use an old version of SleepEnabler.kext.
Boot in single user mode (-s) then remove /Extra/SleepEnabler.kext or boot with pmVersion=0 parameter
Please send a picture of your screen booting with -f flag.

Is the problem my using 10.6.3 ?
Any solution :( ? H E L P !

Just give more details about kp :D

Regards,

David

PS : maybe I forgot to Run UpdateExtra in the /Extra folder :( ?
PS bis : my bios is F02... Is that a problem... I didn't found the data for "flashing" it to F04...

sagedavid

sagedavid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Ok, thanks for your answer ;)
Maybe too late, because I'm trying this method : http://code.google.c...nstallMacOSX106
(installation is in progress)

You must add this option to com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra directory

What the way to do this ?
Should I add this lign ?
<key>forcewake=Yes</key>

Try to boot in verbose mode (-f), then you'll see why you get kernel panic.
Maybe you use an old version of SleepEnabler.kext.
Boot in single user mode (-s) then remove /Extra/SleepEnabler.kext or boot with pmVersion=0 parameter
Please send a picture of your screen booting with -f flag.

Just give more details about kp smile.gif

I have to press on "f" or "s" during the booting (I'm a real noob ;) ) ?

Beerkex'd

Beerkex'd

Content Provider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

What the way to do this ?
Should I add this lign ?
<key>forcewake=Yes</key>

<key>forcewake</key>
<string>yes</string>

Or you can just disable hibernation alltogether, run terminal and type

sudo pmset hibernatemode 0

sagedavid

sagedavid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Ok... but, how to modify my .plist when I can't access to my computer because of the "Restart message" ?

Yragael

Yragael

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
you must start in "safe" mode.
Which boot loader do you use ?

sagedavid

sagedavid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
As I said, I was using this method ( http://docs.google.c...1...jN2Zt&hl=en )... So, it was NetbookBootMaker :(...

But now, I use HF5RC3, and all is right !
( http://www.insanelym...howtopic=218837 ) If you want to correct "possible" errors :D

How to use the safe mode (I'm really a noob !)

Thanks

Yragael

Yragael

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

How to use the safe mode (I'm really a noob !)

The bootloader included in the package is Chameleon v2.0-RC3 with "GreyApple" theme.
So when you boot you must see a grey apple Attached File  boot.png   5.84KB   71 downloads with a progress bar for 3 seconds (delay defined in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist)
At this time, press any key (or F8) to stop boot process, then you can either chose an option with up/down arrows keys, or type in boot flags, then press return key.
First try to boot once with -f -v -x flags, launch disk utility in Applications/Utilities and repair permissions on Mac OS drive, reboot with -v flag, then report result here.
The best thing IMHO to do is not to use an installer, but doing it by yourself.
Of course you have to read many documentations, but at least when you get it working you know how and why :blush:
It seems that SleepEnabler.kext is the one that works with 10.6.3, but in case i'm wrong you can add pmVersion=0 to boot parms.
You won't see files or Extra directory in OSX partition, the installer uses EFI partition, you have to mount it first to make changes, but i'll tell you how to do when you are successful.

Let me know the results.

sagedavid

sagedavid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

...type in boot flags

What's this ?
(I told you : a real big noob :blush: )

My problem wasn't the "hibernate image"... My problem was that, after this message, the boot was interrupted by the "restart message", and I don't think that it was because of the sleepenabler... but maybe I'm wrong...

Yragael

Yragael

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Ok. When you see the grey apple logo with progress bar, press any key then type "-f -v -x" without quotes then return key.
Your computer will boot in safe (-x) mode, with verbose output (-v) and ignore extensions cache.

sagedavid

sagedavid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

mynthix

mynthix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Is this solved? cant fint the answer in this topic to fix the problem. Im facing the same exact same problem and i would like to get it fixed "/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy