• Please log in to reply
786 replies to this topic

cloud03

cloud03

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Kizwan, I've tried injecting ACER bios and my own Sony bios, but both seems fail after booting (only black screen, and it doesn't showed up on externala lcd, but the internal lcd backlight is on)...

Mammoth

Mammoth

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Hey guys,

You need to check those links I posted. There is something someone created called PCIFix.kext, and THAT is what makes the video work on the P series VAIOs (if I'm not mistaken).

Mammoth

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Kizwan,

Tried V3, no luck. but I found the issue is due to the DSDT file so I'm going to look into yours and one of mine and see iff there is anyway we can make it work.

Phantom, thank you for testing. You can copy the _DSM code in Device (HDEF) & paste to your own DSDT. Don't forget to copy DTGP method to your own DSDT too. Please refer to the notes (ALC275_pin_config_V3 & CodecALC275_codec_verbs_V3.txt) in the package to learn what I have done.

Kizwan, I've tried injecting ACER bios and my own Sony bios, but both seems fail after booting (only black screen, and it doesn't showed up on externala lcd, but the internal lcd backlight is on)...

Thank you for testing. We can ruled out GPU BIOS for the VAIO internal LCD issue.

Phantom Thief Dark Mousy

Phantom Thief Dark Mousy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Phantom, thank you for testing. You can copy the _DSM code in Device (HDEF) & paste to your own DSDT. Don't forget to copy DTGP method to your own DSDT too. Please refer to the notes (ALC275_pin_config_V3 & CodecALC275_codec_verbs_V3.txt) in the package to learn what I have done.

Well, I've taken the DSM method into mine, I can boot but no sound...is there anything else you have in the included dsdt file?

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,422 posts

Well, I've taken the DSM method into mine, I can boot but no sound...is there anything else you have in the included dsdt file?

Just _DSM, nothing else. You should see audio input & output devices in System Profiler. Check in log file to see if AppleHDA produced any error messages.

Phantom Thief Dark Mousy

Phantom Thief Dark Mousy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Just _DSM, nothing else. You should see audio input & output devices in System Profiler. Check in log file to see if AppleHDA produced any error messages.

In system profiler here is what shows up:
Intel High Definition Audio:  Device ID:	0x104D9067  Audio ID:	12  Available Devices:

and I checked the system.log and you can see the only refrences to AppleHDA here http://pastie.org/997353

I'm going to rerun pfix and see what happens.

EDIT: I'm currently trying the PCIFix kext, I will report the results soon.

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,422 posts

In system profiler here is what shows up:

Intel High Definition Audio:  Device ID:	0x104D9067  Audio ID:	12  Available Devices:

I see file permission error there. Did you repair the file permission? Please post here your modified DSDT. This is odd, you should see audio input & outputs in System Profiler.

Mac Man 50

Mac Man 50

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Mine is due to be shipped out around the 10th. What about yours?

I will let you know once I get the new thread going.

Mammoth

Hi Mammoth,

Sorry. Was busy with work. My customized dv8t just arrived yesterday. Looks beautiful. Did you get yours yet? ;)

The first thing I did is to create 4 Recovery DVD-R discs. I'll wait for your input before proceeding.

Thanks.

Mammoth

Mammoth

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Hi Mammoth,

Sorry. Was busy with work. My customized dv8t just arrived yesterday. Looks beautiful. Did you get yours yet? :hysterical:

The first thing I did is to create 4 Recovery DVD-R discs. I'll wait for your input before proceeding.

Thanks.

Hey Mac Man 50,

Just checked on mine, it's still in China. : ( It's due to arrive on the 15th it says now. Once I get mine, I will get working on it right away. First the backups AND creation of the restore discs (great job by the way), then I will take out the factory drive an put in a spare hard drive to start experimenting with OS X and creating the new documentation.

I'll let you know once I get it in and once I start the new thread.

Mammoth

Phantom Thief Dark Mousy

Phantom Thief Dark Mousy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

I see file permission error there. Did you repair the file permission? Please post here your modified DSDT. This is odd, you should see audio input & outputs in System Profiler.

I ran pfix just after I saw that and still nothing....maybe i;m looking in the wrong place for the errors b/c I notice some sound assertation errors in verbose boot....any idea where I can find those errors in console?

also I tried the pcifix.kext, had to boot in 32 bit mode and I can tell that it is mapping the gfx card and once or twice it would lock up during boot sequence [Screen sorta cuts off for a split second and comes back and freezes] it does boot the system up most of the time...maybe the lockup is a sign that we can get the vid card running but I'm not sure...I await further instructions from you guys later on...I've got to reinstall Snow Leopard on my tablet again.

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,422 posts

I ran pfix just after I saw that and still nothing....maybe i;m looking in the wrong place for the errors b/c I notice some sound assertation errors in verbose boot....any idea where I can find those errors in console?

You can look in kernel.log or system.log files. If HDEF is properly injected by DSDT, you should see audio devices in System Profiler. Even if audio devices appear in System Profiler, it doesn't means audio will works but we can use it as an indicator that HDEF does injected properly by DSDT (which is very important). If it does, we can focus on the legacy kext & the modified AppleHDA.kext file. Both kext file need to have proper ownership & permissions.

Phantom Thief Dark Mousy

Phantom Thief Dark Mousy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

You can look in kernel.log or system.log files. If HDEF is properly injected by DSDT, you should see audio devices in System Profiler. Even if audio devices appear in System Profiler, it doesn't means audio will works but we can use it as an indicator that HDEF does injected properly by DSDT (which is very important). If it does, we can focus on the legacy kext & the modified AppleHDA.kext file. Both kext file need to have proper ownership & permissions.

Okay I'll try and get that to you after my orgo chem lecture I'll post what I have as soon as I can.

Mac Man 50

Mac Man 50

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Hey Mac Man 50,

Just checked on mine, it's still in China. : ( It's due to arrive on the 15th it says now. Once I get mine, I will get working on it right away. First the backups AND creation of the restore discs (great job by the way), then I will take out the factory drive an put in a spare hard drive to start experimenting with OS X and creating the new documentation.

I'll let you know once I get it in and once I start the new thread.

Mammoth

Thats good to know. It should arrive to you sooner than later. Hopefully, Friday :)

Mac Man 50

Mac Man 50

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi Mammoth,

I wanted to try on the dv8t while you wait to get yours.
And, I should say things are not looking good.

I tried the following:

1. Legacy empire efi v108, regular empire
efi v108

didn't work at all. Wrote some text on the white background
and stopped with a kernel panic.

2. Tonyosx86p55.iso

same stuff. Wrote lot of text and stopped.

3. ##### supported 2.0
had little hope but have to pass these before selecting
mac os x install DVD. cpus=1 busratio=12 fsb=133 maxmem=1024 -v -x

It went to the install screen and then it is is very slow. Mouse response is fine but keyboard response was very slow. Screen also was cut in pieces. Don't why.

I tried all combinations and also tried these:
busratio=20 Graphics Mode=1920x1080x32.

So, at this point my only hope is you getting dv8t and trying it out. I think you're more knowledgeable than me and hope to fix this. As a fallback scenario, I can get dv7t (Ready to ship) as most of the folks are using dv7t. But, only concern getting dv7t is the ready to ship model is dv7t-3180us and people have experimented with dv7t-3085dx. Don't know what is the difference between these two.

Hoping for the best from you.

Thanks.

Phantom Thief Dark Mousy

Phantom Thief Dark Mousy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Macman,

as off topic as you last post was, to be able to install it with empire efi requires you booting up with -s boot flag and manually mounting the drive if I recall correctly. Try using the boot cd mammoth made as it will have the correct kernel in it and I believe it should be the same chipset as the vaios. Anyways I am about to finally check this audio for the vaio.

EDIT: kizwan here is my version of the DSDT file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?oqtio3mhnlo

Mac Man 50

Mac Man 50

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi Phantom,

Thanks for your assistance.

So, you're saying use boot flag -s in the Legacy Empire EFI v108 boot CD when it displays the UI? and also where is the mammoth boot cd? Please let me know.

Thanks.

Mac Man 50

Mac Man 50

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
I tried MammothVPCF115FMv1.20 boot CD on dv8t and it is not even booting. I'm seeing endless blinking cursor and after 10 times, Windows 7 boots.

Mammoth

Mammoth

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

I tried MammothVPCF115FMv1.20 boot CD on dv8t and it is not even booting. I'm seeing endless blinking cursor and after 10 times, Windows 7 boots.

Hi Mac Man,

let's move this discusion over to my VAIO thread.

The Mammoth Boot CD has DSDT for the VAIO. I'll make one later without it and have you try it.

Please only respond to this on the VAIO thread (where you got the Mammoth Boot CD from).

Mac Man 50

Mac Man 50

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
I'll wait for your Boot CD. Btw, did you get your dv8t? Please let me know your new dv8t thread.

Thanks.

goila

goila

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
i found this

http://www.insanelym...p;mode=threaded

http://www.insanelym...amp;mode=linear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy