• Please log in to reply
777 replies to this topic

OoTLink

OoTLink

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
You can always set whatever resolution you want with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and "Graphics Mode"="1280x800" (for example). If you go above a certain number of pixels, it'll default to 1024x768 or maybe 1280x1024.

First Last

First Last

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
vga modes don't support my resolution of 1366x768, only 1360x768 ;)

Navid N

Navid N

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
we should make our drivers for our selfs!!
i got my Graphic working WITH internal LCD without any driver after a fresh install with chameleon 2 RC5 r700!!

every detail of the Graphic is identified!!!!
but no QE/CI becuase of no graphics driver!!

OoTLink

OoTLink

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
So... you do mean at 1024x768 or some really low res right? Or do you actually mean 1920x1080. .. ;)

Alexei Leonov

Alexei Leonov

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hello!

Has anyone tried the specific driver for NVIDIA Quadro available at NVIDIA's site?

http://www.nvidia.co...-driver-uk.html

It says that GeForce 330M is supported. Maybe someone will have more luck hacking this one.

Navid N

Navid N

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

So... you do mean at 1024x768 or some really low res right? Or do you actually mean 1920x1080. .. :D

in 1280*800 res

as i understood the problem is only display!

i installed every package in nvidia retail driver INSTEAD display driver section because when i istalled it again the internal monitor didn't load in start up!! so i restred with a time machine. but when i istalled the driver and OpenGL driver nothing changed!!

as i told before we should make our display drivers for ourselfs. or we should port a driver from other os such as UBUNTU which could run good with display to this MAC OS X

\\ my vaio does not have a 1080p res. the max res is 1600*900

Hello!

Has anyone tried the specific driver for NVIDIA Quadro available at NVIDIA's site?

http://www.nvidia.co...-driver-uk.html

It says that GeForce 330M is supported. Maybe someone will have more luck hacking this one.

you may but the problem is display driver included in it!!

Attached Files

• Attached File  2.jpg   693.97KB   66 downloads

Funky frank

Funky frank

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
Here is a working OSX audio kext for Sony Vaio F11. Tested in OSX 10.6.3. Please report problems.

Attached File  VoodooHDA_VAIO_F11_internal.zip   158.68KB   68 downloads
Only for internal ALC275, HDMI audio disabled because of instability (?)

Usage
-----

Put the kext into Sys/Lib/Ext and run pfix. Restart.

If it crashes while boot, boot with safe mode (boot parameter -x).
Now create an additional extension dir in sys/lib named "ExtensionsAdditional".
Move kext from sys/lib/ext to sys/lib/ExtensionsAdditional. Now run pfix.
Finally copy included "voodooaudio.plist" into /Library/LaunchDaemons and
make sure it has the same access rights as the other launch daemons. Reboot.

Edit: And remove AppleHDA.kext first, of course!

Edit 2:

Do not use the voodooaudio.plist, instead create a text/batch file named "/etc/rc.local":

#!/bin/sh
kextload /System/Library/ExtensionsAdditional/VoodooHDA.kext

Navid N

Navid N

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Here is a working OSX audio kext for Sony Vaio F11. Tested in OSX 10.6.3. Please report problems.

did only installing the kext into ext directory and removing the applehda workeed for you or you continued with other steps?

Funky frank

Funky frank

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
Navid: I patched the Info.plist of VoodooHDA for usage of ALC275 only. The most crashes of VoodooHDA are caused by the HDMI audio device it seems. If your VAIO also has a ALC275 device, this kext should work on your machine without modification, too.

I now trying to make the internal lan available. There is a kext the successfully detects the Marvel ethernet. But it floods the console with the message "MAC 2 not correctly initialized". So there is still lot of work to do. The device is shown in network list now and this driver can be used for some copy protections from VST/AU plugins that will fail without any ethernet kext when calculating a computer checksum.

we should make our drivers for our selfs!!
i got my Graphic working WITH internal LCD without any driver after a fresh install with chameleon 2 RC5 r700!!

Navid, is here the nvdahal50.kext active when you enter "sudo kextstat" in the terminal? Did you use the recent driver package from nvidia?

Funky frank

Funky frank

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
Does anybody know if the ExpressCard slot of the Vaio F11 works under OSX?

Navid N

Navid N

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Navid: I patched the Info.plist of VoodooHDA for usage of ALC275 only. The most crashes of VoodooHDA are caused by the HDMI audio device it seems. If your VAIO also has a ALC275 device, this kext should work on your machine without modification, too.

I now trying to make the internal lan available. There is a kext the successfully detects the Marvel ethernet. But it floods the console with the message "MAC 2 not correctly initialized". So there is still lot of work to do. The device is shown in network list now and this driver can be used for some copy protections from VST/AU plugins that will fail without any ethernet kext when calculating a computer checksum.

Navid, is here the nvdahal50.kext active when you enter "sudo kextstat" in the terminal? Did you use the recent driver package from nvidia?

Thank You and good luck for you!!

the kext which loads for my driver is NVDAHAL100.kext which i can see it is loaded and registered during verbose boot.

i had a fresh install of SL updated to 10.6.5, i opened the driver which NVidia sent out (avilable in kexts.com) and ONLY installed the driver and OpenGLDriver, i did not installed the Display driver ( i tried it once and my display did not came up so i did a time machine backup restore!) so there is a high amount of chance to edit that display driver (Or maybe produce new one) for the display!

i have a DSDT loaded which was patched for me in this forum:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=235523

and i add my Graphic information to it under PEGP and PEG3! and it worked without any problem so Graphic memory size changed from 512 to 1024

Funky frank

Funky frank

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
Hey kizwan, what do you think about these two approaches for enabling graphics:

1. Patching the VBIOS for proper VESA display modes like 1920x1080x32...

The tool analysevbios gives me these info:
./AnalyseVBIOS 0A29.006C.006F.vga.rom 
Attempting to open 0A29.006C.006F.vga.rom
Length:59904
Found 1. possible NVIDIA Mode at 0x4015(Decimal:16405)
 	 Empty Table at 0x4135(Decimal:16693)
 	 Empty Table at 0x41b5(Decimal:16821)
 	 Empty Table at 0x41f5(Decimal:16885)
Correct number of finds
Mod should be working

So if the is proper information how to patch the VESA table, do you think this could result in a good resolution?

Edit: Interesting: nvpanel res cham fix

2. Patching Apples Framebuffer.kext. As far as I know this is used for example by GMA-chipsets like GMA950. I found successful approaches where they patched it for other graphics. The question is, could this work with nvidia vesa mode??

Thanks for help!

EDIT: Obsolete, not a good approach.

AlexanderPD

AlexanderPD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Attached File  VoodooHDA_VAIO_F11_internal.zip   158.68KB   68 downloads

Only for internal ALC275, HDMI audio disabled because of instability (?)

Usage
-----

Put the kext into Sys/Lib/Ext and run pfix. Restart.

If it crashes while boot, boot with safe mode (boot parameter -x).
Now create an additional extension dir in sys/lib named "ExtensionsAdditional".
Move kext from sys/lib/ext to sys/lib/ExtensionsAdditional. Now run pfix.
Finally copy included "voodooaudio.plist" into /Library/LaunchDaemons and
make sure it has the same access rights as the other launch daemons. Reboot.

Edit: And remove AppleHDA.kext first, of course!

it work perfectly! I tried with osX 10.6.6 with 3 different kernels: 10.3.0, 10.4.0 and 10.6.0, it always works fine! :D
Still nothing for main lcd :(

Funky frank

Funky frank

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
Here is my patched AppleYokon2.kext that needs to be placed into sys/ext/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/ .

It makes the internal lan device available within the network preferences and works with a lot of copy protections, but also generates massive error log messages, slow downs the system and floods the boot log.

It would be nice if someone experienced could help to patch this kext that it does not generate error messages anymore.

I think this version of the kext won't work completly, because there is simply some special code for our yukon device missing. Our sony yukon device has some special firmware methods that needs to be called by the driver, for example for activating/deactivating it. Under Linux they successfully implemented this device, it works there. So some coder could port this driver....

Attached File  AppleYukon2.kext.zip   209.75KB   15 downloads

EDIT: Only for testing purposes. DO NOT install for real usage, it will mess up the cpu usage and flood the system log.

Funky frank

Funky frank

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
This kext fixes the about screen crash:
AppleSMBIOS EFI 2.8 (do not take the macbookair one)

Put it into Extra/Extensions of the bootloader.

EDIT: Needs arch=i386 (32bit kernel, 64bit system) boot parameter. Does anybody have a 64 bit build of AppleSMBIOS EFI 2.8?

EDIT2: Does not seem to be available in 64 bit. But arch=x86_64 is the better, preferred kernel mode! Anyway this kext only fixes the about screen, NOT the system profiler.

You can always run the system profiler directly, navigating to /apps/utils/system profiler.app . The system profiler always works without any patches! I did not know this, maybe you too.

junior

junior

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

This kext fixes the about screen crash:
AppleSMBIOS EFI 2.8 (do not take the macbookair one)

Put it into Extra/Extensions of the bootloader.

EDIT: Needs arch=i386 (32bit kernel, 64bit system) boot parameter. Does anybody has a 64 bigt build of AppleSMBIOS EFI 2.8?

Does this mean the blackscreen problem is solve en qe will work on my Vaio FZ11E with an Nvidia 8400M GT on Mac osx86 1.6.3 iatkos S3?

Funky frank

Funky frank

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Does this mean the blackscreen problem is solve en qe will work on my Vaio FZ11E with an Nvidia 8400M GT on Mac osx86 1.6.3 iatkos S3?

No. Can you read? If not I am not sure if this is the right place for you.

Funky frank

Funky frank

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
This AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext works but shows up only correct remaining time of the battery, not the percent value:
AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext

I realized that GeneratePStates and GenerateCStates is not necessary for Core i7 systems anymore. CPU powermanagement works out of the box for i7s. maybe it's also caused by my dsdt in which kizwan applied a lot of patches. My system is OSX 10.6.3.

My recent dsdt: Attached File  DSDT.aml.zip   14.58KB   7 downloads

Alexei Leonov

Alexei Leonov

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hi all!

While searching for how to enable hardware h.264 based decoder on linux, I found an interesting post on a blog concerning the internal display detection problem of VAIOs.

They mention a regression in the way that an updated official NVIDIA driver detects the display. The new version doesn't seem to properly detect the internal display on VAIOs unless a workaround is used: to add a CustomEDID option in the Xorg configuration.

It may worth a try for those of you that know better this subject.

Here is the link: http://0xc0dedbad.co...y/linuxonvaioz/

Funky frank

Funky frank

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
Here is the vbios of the sony vaio f11.
Attached File  0A29.006C.006F.vga.rom.zip   39.63KB   13 downloads EDIT: Seems to be incomplete, see new file below

EDIT: Posted for this post: nvenabler f11 discussion pos 446

EDIT2: Read below for recent infos.

EDIT3: File above seems to be incomplete.

Here is a new dump done with a-id.a 64:

Attached File  vgabios.zip   39.15KB   14 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy