Sony Vaio VPCF115FM Discussion: DSDT Injection

kizwan

787 posts in this topic

Go download Everest from here:

http://www.lavalys.com/

When you open Everest, right click the status bar at the bottom - there should be a menu in there where you can dump both the "VGA" BIOS and the system BIOS. The other utilities out there I've seen for both purposes don't work (that includes the nvidia rom dumper tool that you'd boot off a DOS disk).

Trust me I've tried lol.

Seriously though, the Everest tool is by far the easiest and should do you fine. :wacko:

Go download Everest from here:

http://www.lavalys.com/

When you open Everest, right click the status bar at the bottom - there should be a menu in there where you can dump both the "VGA" BIOS and the system BIOS. The other utilities out there I've seen for both purposes don't work (that includes the nvidia rom dumper tool that you'd boot off a DOS disk).

Trust me I've tried lol.

Seriously though, the Everest tool is by far the easiest and should do you fine. ;)

mh i tried but i really can't get it.. with both Everest and Aida64 (the new version of Everest)

The only thing i can get is this "debug report", seems like it's the first part of the rom i need to get :\

C000:0000   U.u.K7400.L.w.VIDEO ..........IBM VGA Compatible.......O11/09/09  
 C000:0040   .........0.......!*.M.g...............c<.D..D..DPMIDl.o.......  
 C000:0080   .....3GT216 E696 SKU 0189 N11P-GE1 VGA BIOS.....................  
 C000:00C0   .......................Version 70.16.45.00.05 ...Copyright (C) 1  
 C000:0100   996-2009 NVIDIA Corp..............GT216 Board - 0696a290........  
 C000:0140   .....Chip Rev ................................................  
 C000:0180   ........PCIR..).........u.......HYB$..BIT......D2...2.B. .>.C...  
 C000:01C0   ^.D...l.A...p.I...s.L.....M.....N.....P.(...S.....T.....U.....V.  
 C000:0200   ....c.....x.....d.....p.....i.A.....)..I.].d...................E  
 C000:0240   .p.... .............\\"...6............J....GM.@....K.K.K.K.MGM.  
 C000:0280   K..GM.R..J\K.........d...e...g..Th..jh.......h..........Gh....P.  
 C000:02C0   ....(.I..I#".#E...M"J..JYJ...........B...E.p....gK.....10/29/09.  
 C000:0300   ............................................w.......E.>...x.r.r.  
 C000:0340   ....0....] .w.......E.>...x.r.r.,...y..]1.e.e...5.e.....z...Y...  
 C000:0380   ..G.....L.Y.(...Q.Q.E.........d...e.e...e.e.e...a.e.x.C.f.......  
 C000:03C0   ........n.w...q...v.t.Q...Y.x.>.z...................r.r...G.*...

can you try to force HID via dsdt?

you need to find the part with:

Device (LCD)

{

and add after this:

Name (_HID, EisaId("NVD0100"))

using the right hid instead NVD0100

if it still doesn't work... my theory is a total fail

I tried it but no effect. display stays off , ioreg and the logs show the same as before.

little update:

i send the geforce 330m rom uploaded by Funky Frank on this topic to the creator of a cool vBios editing tool for windows (NiBiTor 6.0) and seems like the rom is "incomplete".

If i remember the right thing Funky Frank dumped this rom from osX, so MAYBE that rom is incomplete due of osX inability to correcly read it at 100%.

People here and there in internet tells that the full rom is in Vaio's Bios rom, so i just send the vaio bios rom to the NiBiTor creators. They seems to be interested in this, i hope they can get some "full version rom", maybe it can be helpful for our cause.

Alexander, here is a new dump done with the Windows 64bit tool A-id.a.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...556&st=440#

Was hard to find a working tool, nvflash from dos doesnt supprt the eeprom type...?? Strange. GPU-Z only works in 32bit windows (I dont have it). So try this bios file, ok? nibitor does not support it until now, maybe they can add support for it?

Alexander, here is a new dump done with the Windows 64bit tool A-id.a. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...556&st=440# Was hard to find a working tool, nvflash from dos doesnt supprt the eeprom type...?? Strange. GPU-Z only works in 32bit windows (I dont have it). So try this bios file, ok? nibitor does not support it until now, maybe they can add support for it?

hey boyz

if you want some vaio rom files type it plus linux in gloogle i must have give a link sometimes ago about a linux forum where vaio roms were collected by model

like this thread but i think there s another no time to find now:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=465491&page=27

hey boyz

if you want some vaio rom files type it plus linux in gloogle i must have give a link sometimes ago about a linux forum where vaio roms were collected by model

like this thread but i think there s another no time to find now:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=465491&page=27

That thread is too old, it's not possible that there is a VAIO F11 bios in it.

That thread is too old, it's not possible that there is a VAIO F11 bios in it.

what i said is the link i give is example but i know there is a topics in this forum (not sure 100o/o that is this forum) but i have read somewhere a topic with hundred vaio rom collected from linux by users

but i have actually no time to find i have already gives the link with many other vaio spec a time ago i think user mammoth had made a file to dowload all the links

Alexander, here is a new dump done with the Windows 64bit tool A-id.a.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...556&st=440#

Was hard to find a working tool, nvflash from dos doesnt supprt the eeprom type...?? Strange. GPU-Z only works in 32bit windows (I dont have it). So try this bios file, ok? nibitor does not support it until now, maybe they can add support for it?

thank you, but seems like the 2 bios are 100% equals (same md5 too) :(

btw: how the hell you got that dump? i'm really wasting lot of time with aida64 without getting anything

thank you, but seems like the 2 bios are 100% equals (same md5 too) :censored2:

btw: how the hell you got that dump? i'm really wasting lot of time with aida64 without getting anything

Then I guess the romfile is ok. I used your instructions, right click on the bottom and select "save vga dump". The strange thing is that even nvflash cannot handle the eeprom type. Could be a good approach to find a vga bios update from sony and extract their dumping tool. I did not find an video bios update for vaio f11.

I have found that to enable ALC275 audio you can use this modified VoodooHDA kext.

VoodooHDA KEXT

I got a kernel panik when i installed, but it was probably from a permission error, but i restarted and it worked fine with sound. I am not sure if it supports full surround sound, but it supports the basic stereo output.

I have found that to enable ALC275 audio you can use this modified VoodooHDA kext.

VoodooHDA KEXT

I got a kernel panik when i installed, but it was probably from a permission error, but i restarted and it worked fine with sound. I am not sure if it supports full surround sound, but it supports the basic stereo output.

a working audio kext was posted by funky frank in this very thread :robot:

link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1624792

@Ootlink: i really hate that bios, my vaio is now very noisy :D it just never stop that fan! :P

Here is a working OSX audio kext for Sony Vaio F11. Tested in OSX 10.6.3. Please report problems.

VoodooHDA_VAIO_F11_internal.zip

Only for internal ALC275, HDMI audio disabled because of instability (?)

Usage
-----

Put the kext into Sys/Lib/Ext and run pfix. Restart.

If it crashes while boot, boot with safe mode (boot parameter -x).
Now create an additional extension dir in sys/lib named "ExtensionsAdditional".
Move kext from sys/lib/ext to sys/lib/ExtensionsAdditional. Now run pfix.
Finally copy included "voodooaudio.plist" into /Library/LaunchDaemons and
make sure it has the same access rights as the other launch daemons. Reboot.

Edit: And remove AppleHDA.kext first, of course!

The extension works. t is'nt necessary remove AppleHDA. No crash

After update with 10.6.6 remeber delete SleepEnabler.

Thanks and regards

giò

I have found that to enable ALC275 audio you can use this modified VoodooHDA kext. VoodooHDA KEXT I got a kernel panik when i installed, but it was probably from a permission error, but i restarted and it worked fine with sound. I am not sure if it supports full surround sound, but it supports the basic stereo output.

How would i get this card working?

in your post:

-------------------------

88E8057

for ethernet

go to s/l/e

open ionetworkingfamily /plugin /yukon marvell

search the name of your card on plist with textmate find secondarymatch and delete the 2 lines

close trash mkext and patch your sound linux codec with tarugav1.2

and things happen

preference /+new ethernet /advanced/ enable appletalk and proxies /remove firewire connection/restart

that's all

-------------------------------------

I am unsure what you mean in these steps?

Like what is s/l/e? and i understand the kext ionetworking family and can open it and have modified yukon 2 to my vender/device id...

What is the part with deleting 2 lines, and closing "trash mkext" and how would i patch my sound linux codec with tarugav1.2?

Would you pleas explain how to do these or a link to an article that explains this? And what would linux sound codecs have to do about ethernet and mac osx? You can't use linux drivers on mac unless u compile them, for the kernel....

first i m runing 10.5.2

s/ l/ e is system /library /extension

when you modified a kext in extension you need to delete mkext

to open the plist i use textmate because it use pasword link to "usr/bin"

whistle.gif<key>Yukon-88E8055</key>

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.iokit.AppleYukon2</string>

<key>EnableLowPwr</key>

<integer>1</integer>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>yukon2osx</string>

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x436311ab</string>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

<key>InitialWaitForLinkUp</key>

<string></string>

<key>MACNumber</key>

<integer>1</integer>

<key>Model</key>

<string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8055 Singleport Copper SA</string>

<key>NetworkNumber</key>

<integer>6000</integer>

<key>Vendor</key>

<string>Marvell</string>

</dict>whistle.gif

the space you ve seen is the two lines deleted wich are the secondary match string and the key attach

the linux codec is for your card from linux taruga convert this onto apple hda+alc inject in s/l/e and repair permisson on the same time so after it s done

a message ask you that new material or something else detected

so go to preference in network select new ethernet choose ethernet connection open option enable proxy enable appletalk configure manually don t forget to plug network cable remove firewire option because you don t connect with it and save

that s all for meafter you get sound+ethernet

best regards

p.s.

just put your linux codec on the icon of taruga don t open it and the patcher will work

Random thing about DSDTs and graphics-strings. If you dump the graphics string in a DSDT I'm pretty sure you can make it say whatever you want lol. I just tried the most recent DSDT up on this thread and it said I have a Geforce GT 425m lol. Oops?

Also: Those instructions to enable ethernet make NO SENSE at all. Sorry! Care to zip/give us your info.plist for your ethernet kext?

Random thing about DSDTs and graphics-strings. If you dump the graphics string in a DSDT I'm pretty sure you can make it say whatever you want lol. I just tried the most recent DSDT up on this thread and it said I have a Geforce GT 425m lol. Oops?

Also: Those instructions to enable ethernet make NO SENSE at all. Sorry! Care to zip/give us your info.plist for your ethernet kext?

How would i get this card working?

in your post:

-------------------------

88E8057

for ethernet

go to s/l/e

open ionetworkingfamily /plugin /yukon marvell

search the name of your card on plist with textmate find secondarymatch and delete the 2 lines

close trash mkext and patch your sound linux codec with tarugav1.2

and things happen

preference /+new ethernet /advanced/ enable appletalk and proxies /remove firewire connection/restart

that's all

-------------------------------------

I am unsure what you mean in these steps?

Like what is s/l/e? and i understand the kext ionetworking family and can open it and have modified yukon 2 to my vender/device id...

What is the part with deleting 2 lines, and closing "trash mkext" and how would i patch my sound linux codec with tarugav1.2?

Would you pleas explain how to do these or a link to an article that explains this? And what would linux sound codecs have to do about ethernet and mac osx? You can't use linux drivers on mac unless u compile them, for the kernel....

first i m runing 10.5.2

s/ l/ e is system /library /extension

when you modified a kext in extension you need to delete mkext

to open the plist i use textmate because it use pasword link to "usr/bin"

whistle.gif <key>Yukon-88E8055</key>

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.iokit.AppleYukon2</string>

<key>EnableLowPwr</key>

<integer>1</integer>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>yukon2osx</string>

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x436311ab</string>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

<key>InitialWaitForLinkUp</key>

<string></string>

<key>MACNumber</key>

<integer>1</integer>

<key>Model</key>

<string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8055 Singleport Copper SA</string>

<key>NetworkNumber</key>

<integer>6000</integer>

<key>Vendor</key>

<string>Marvell</string>

</dict> whistle.gif

the space you ve seen is the two lines deleted wich are the secondary match string and the key attach

the linux codec is for your card from linux taruga convert this onto apple hda+alc inject in s/l/e and repair permisson on the same time so after it s done

a message ask you that new material or something else detected

so go to preference in network select new ethernet choose ethernet connection open option enable proxy enable appletalk configure manually don t forget to plug network cable remove firewire option because you don t connect with it and save

that s all for meafter you get sound+ethernet

best regards

You don't need secondary match?

And I couldnt find mkext. is it located insiode each kext? or is a seperate folder in extensions? I couldnt find it in extensions directory.

im a bit confused as to why you need the codec for alc, i used a modified voodoo hda but a few problems. and is linux taruga a linux distrobution name? Or a program? i am not too familiar with linux, even thought i knew a few commands and distros.

and where do i get hda inject? do i have to modify this "inject kext" plist values? and which valueS?

I'm sorry if i am not very good, i just have never seen this before on the net. Can you link to a site or post or somehting that mentions/explains this?

from linux taruga convert this onto apple hda+alc inject in s/l/e

linux codec :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...php/t46378.html

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=99560

for the rest it works like this for me

i m not the inventor of the trick it s like that

mkext is:extension .mkext near extension

you don t need secondary match

don t know why functionnality for me appears after applying taruga maybe because it fix permission or anything else

good luck

other way:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...php/t69396.html

So finally i got os x to recognize my ethernet card.

The MAC was detected fine but it didn't work :|

In system preferences it always says "cable not connected" even if connected.

and it spams kernel.log with

Mar 16 17:22:16 ***iMac kernel[0]: AppleYukon2: error - MAC 2 not correctly initialized

I edited Info.plist of AppleYukon2 to copy the 88E8055 section and renamed it to 88E8057, inserted my own id:

0x438011ab (in IOREG it is "device-id" = <80430000> "vendor-id" = <ab110000>)

I haven't done the sound patching so far.

any ideas?