Sony Vaio VPCF115FM Discussion: DSDT Injection

kizwan

787 posts in this topic

So... you do mean at 1024x768 or some really low res right? Or do you actually mean 1920x1080. .. :D

in 1280*800 res

as i understood the problem is only display!

i installed every package in nvidia retail driver INSTEAD display driver section because when i istalled it again the internal monitor didn't load in start up!! so i restred with a time machine. but when i istalled the driver and OpenGL driver nothing changed!!

as i told before we should make our display drivers for ourselfs. or we should port a driver from other os such as UBUNTU which could run good with display to this MAC OS X

\\ my vaio does not have a 1080p res. the max res is 1600*900

Hello!

Has anyone tried the specific driver for NVIDIA Quadro available at NVIDIA's site?

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/quadro-maco...-driver-uk.html

It says that GeForce 330M is supported. Maybe someone will have more luck hacking this one.

you may but the problem is display driver included in it!!

post-711159-1295103572_thumb.jpg

Here is a working OSX audio kext for Sony Vaio F11. Tested in OSX 10.6.3. Please report problems.

VoodooHDA_VAIO_F11_internal.zip

Only for internal ALC275, HDMI audio disabled because of instability (?)

Usage
-----

Put the kext into Sys/Lib/Ext and run pfix. Restart.

If it crashes while boot, boot with safe mode (boot parameter -x).
Now create an additional extension dir in sys/lib named "ExtensionsAdditional".
Move kext from sys/lib/ext to sys/lib/ExtensionsAdditional. Now run pfix.
Finally copy included "voodooaudio.plist" into /Library/LaunchDaemons and
make sure it has the same access rights as the other launch daemons. Reboot.

Edit: And remove AppleHDA.kext first, of course!

Edit 2:

Do not use the voodooaudio.plist, instead create a text/batch file named "/etc/rc.local":

#!/bin/sh
kextload /System/Library/ExtensionsAdditional/VoodooHDA.kext

Navid: I patched the Info.plist of VoodooHDA for usage of ALC275 only. The most crashes of VoodooHDA are caused by the HDMI audio device it seems. If your VAIO also has a ALC275 device, this kext should work on your machine without modification, too.

I now trying to make the internal lan available. There is a kext the successfully detects the Marvel ethernet. But it floods the console with the message "MAC 2 not correctly initialized". So there is still lot of work to do. The device is shown in network list now and this driver can be used for some copy protections from VST/AU plugins that will fail without any ethernet kext when calculating a computer checksum.

we should make our drivers for our selfs!!

i got my Graphic working WITH internal LCD without any driver after a fresh install with chameleon 2 RC5 r700!!

Navid, is here the nvdahal50.kext active when you enter "sudo kextstat" in the terminal? Did you use the recent driver package from nvidia?

Navid: I patched the Info.plist of VoodooHDA for usage of ALC275 only. The most crashes of VoodooHDA are caused by the HDMI audio device it seems. If your VAIO also has a ALC275 device, this kext should work on your machine without modification, too.

I now trying to make the internal lan available. There is a kext the successfully detects the Marvel ethernet. But it floods the console with the message "MAC 2 not correctly initialized". So there is still lot of work to do. The device is shown in network list now and this driver can be used for some copy protections from VST/AU plugins that will fail without any ethernet kext when calculating a computer checksum.

Navid, is here the nvdahal50.kext active when you enter "sudo kextstat" in the terminal? Did you use the recent driver package from nvidia?

Thank You and good luck for you!!

the kext which loads for my driver is NVDAHAL100.kext which i can see it is loaded and registered during verbose boot.

i had a fresh install of SL updated to 10.6.5, i opened the driver which NVidia sent out (avilable in kexts.com) and ONLY installed the driver and OpenGLDriver, i did not installed the Display driver ( i tried it once and my display did not came up so i did a time machine backup restore!) so there is a high amount of chance to edit that display driver (Or maybe produce new one) for the display!

i have a DSDT loaded which was patched for me in this forum:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=235523

and i add my Graphic information to it under PEGP and PEG3! and it worked without any problem so Graphic memory size changed from 512 to 1024

Hey kizwan, what do you think about these two approaches for enabling graphics:

1. Patching the VBIOS for proper VESA display modes like 1920x1080x32...

The tool analysevbios gives me these info:

./AnalyseVBIOS 0A29.006C.006F.vga.rom 
Attempting to open 0A29.006C.006F.vga.rom
Length:59904
Found 1. possible NVIDIA Mode at 0x4015(Decimal:16405)
	 Empty Table at 0x4135(Decimal:16693)
	 Empty Table at 0x41b5(Decimal:16821)
	 Empty Table at 0x41f5(Decimal:16885)
Correct number of finds
Mod should be working

So if the is proper information how to patch the VESA table, do you think this could result in a good resolution?

Edit: Interesting: nvpanel res cham fix

2. Patching Apples Framebuffer.kext. As far as I know this is used for example by GMA-chipsets like GMA950. I found successful approaches where they patched it for other graphics. The question is, could this work with nvidia vesa mode??

Thanks for help!

EDIT: Obsolete, not a good approach.

Here is a working OSX audio kext for Sony Vaio F11. Tested in OSX 10.6.3. Please report problems.

VoodooHDA_VAIO_F11_internal.zip

Only for internal ALC275, HDMI audio disabled because of instability (?)

Usage
-----

Put the kext into Sys/Lib/Ext and run pfix. Restart.

If it crashes while boot, boot with safe mode (boot parameter -x).
Now create an additional extension dir in sys/lib named "ExtensionsAdditional".
Move kext from sys/lib/ext to sys/lib/ExtensionsAdditional. Now run pfix.
Finally copy included "voodooaudio.plist" into /Library/LaunchDaemons and
make sure it has the same access rights as the other launch daemons. Reboot.

Edit: And remove AppleHDA.kext first, of course!

it work perfectly! I tried with osX 10.6.6 with 3 different kernels: 10.3.0, 10.4.0 and 10.6.0, it always works fine! :D

Still nothing for main lcd :(

Here is my patched AppleYokon2.kext that needs to be placed into sys/ext/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/ .

It makes the internal lan device available within the network preferences and works with a lot of copy protections, but also generates massive error log messages, slow downs the system and floods the boot log.

It would be nice if someone experienced could help to patch this kext that it does not generate error messages anymore.

I think this version of the kext won't work completly, because there is simply some special code for our yukon device missing. Our sony yukon device has some special firmware methods that needs to be called by the driver, for example for activating/deactivating it. Under Linux they successfully implemented this device, it works there. So some coder could port this driver....

AppleYukon2.kext.zip

EDIT: Only for testing purposes. DO NOT install for real usage, it will mess up the cpu usage and flood the system log.

This kext fixes the about screen crash:

AppleSMBIOS EFI 2.8 (do not take the macbookair one)

Put it into Extra/Extensions of the bootloader.

EDIT: Needs arch=i386 (32bit kernel, 64bit system) boot parameter. Does anybody have a 64 bit build of AppleSMBIOS EFI 2.8?

EDIT2: Does not seem to be available in 64 bit. But arch=x86_64 is the better, preferred kernel mode! Anyway this kext only fixes the about screen, NOT the system profiler.

You can always run the system profiler directly, navigating to /apps/utils/system profiler.app . The system profiler always works without any patches! I did not know this, maybe you too.

This kext fixes the about screen crash:

AppleSMBIOS EFI 2.8 (do not take the macbookair one)

Put it into Extra/Extensions of the bootloader.

EDIT: Needs arch=i386 (32bit kernel, 64bit system) boot parameter. Does anybody has a 64 bigt build of AppleSMBIOS EFI 2.8?

Does this mean the blackscreen problem is solve en qe will work on my Vaio FZ11E with an Nvidia 8400M GT on Mac osx86 1.6.3 iatkos S3?

This AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext works but shows up only correct remaining time of the battery, not the percent value:

AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext

I realized that GeneratePStates and GenerateCStates is not necessary for Core i7 systems anymore. CPU powermanagement works out of the box for i7s. maybe it's also caused by my dsdt in which kizwan applied a lot of patches. My system is OSX 10.6.3.

My recent dsdt: DSDT.aml.zip

Hi all!

While searching for how to enable hardware h.264 based decoder on linux, I found an interesting post on a blog concerning the internal display detection problem of VAIOs.

They mention a regression in the way that an updated official NVIDIA driver detects the display. The new version doesn't seem to properly detect the internal display on VAIOs unless a workaround is used: to add a CustomEDID option in the Xorg configuration.

It may worth a try for those of you that know better this subject.

Here is the link: http://0xc0dedbad.com/blog/category/linuxonvaioz/

hi everyone

good year

@navid n

could you tell and post exactly what you ve did please:

show dsdt before after ,changes you ve made,post kexts you used ,ioreg dump all the trick that provide you sucess thank you

as i ve sayd tbefore seems the issue came to linux:

http://0xc0dedbad.com/blog/category/linuxonvaioz/

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/Nvidia (choose BinaryDriverHowto/Nvidia)

http://www.uluga.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9285417

what we need is someone can ported linux tricks to osx or if a fix can be included toi dsdt or graphic enabler or something else

thank you for understanding we need to find the good person for this

hi everyone

i have a Sony Vaio VGN-FE21B, whit grafic card NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 whit 250 MB dedicated.

how every persons who have a Vaio, i have the problems whit internal black LCD, the LCD is turn off after inject.

I have qe/ci on external screan.

i read all this post, and other post, i have done a lot of test, from nvcap to dsdt, whitout a success.

however after i had installed nvinject.kext, the internal lcd was turn on, but i see a blue line near the the external side of the monitor, and a white line that move in all area of the monitor and after i connect the the exsternal monitor, the screan turned off and i see all on the exsternal monitor.

if you like, i can post-on the video of the action of the internal monitor.

actually, i have cancelled leopard to my pc, however if i will doing some test, i'm happy to contribute for all person who have a VAIO.

i wait your answear.......

hello

Salvo

0xc0dedbad.com/blog/2011/01/19/nvidia-260-19-29-and-sony-vaio-z/

I think we just need info about what bios has changed and how. I already contacted the author but no answer. And I don't know if he writes about the vbios or the system bios. I cannot get any more information about the bios patch. Maybe you?

It would be also cool if someone who patched his Vaio Z could report if OSX 10.6.3 with nvidia kexts works on this machine then.

EDIT: It seems that in this linked post, the author means the new nvidia driver release 260.xx with the words "bios update". There does not seem to be a manual bios update file available. The nvidia driver is closed source.

Read also here please: nvenabler f11 discussion

And here, this describes the linux problem and fix more detailed, see post #7: ubuntu vaio f11 fix nvidia gt330

I'm sorry ... but I have no idea of the patch vaio z, I had never heard of .... version z is different from my ... I tried to do a dump of the bios geforce but I can not do it from dos to win ...

I am no expert ... I can only testing ... :dev:

this is what happens to my vaio:

nvinjectgo (connector put in before black screen) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSKfFJ4nB0U

nvinjectgo (connector put in after black screen):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzVqhmo6QHo

hey read my post and links man

this 3 years i search on the problem.. i know what i talk i m noob but not dumb

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/l...6.24/+bug/82312

to find another links select some text :

example from http://0xc0dedbad.com/blog/category/linuxonvaioz/

select a line example: DFP-0:/etc/X11/SNY06FA.bin" on google and you will have results and you see there's other threads reporting this

so try to read my older links and posts i think we will win times!!!

thank you

other thing this thread is for vaio

but all vaio users came here but there 's no info or kexts to download i suggest to make a new threzad where user post there config with working kexts and fix for their owm config

because people waste time and threads with old question and the thread become unreadable because too much mess

Some news infos:

Enabling sleeping: Download recent SleepEnabler here and place it into extra kexts of bootloader: sleepenabler googlecode

Then enter this at terminal and after reboot, your vaio will successful go to sleep and wake up ;) :

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 7

EDIT: The recent sleepenabler only works in arch=x86_64 mode! This will AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext to stop work, because it's only 32bit and old. But you can of course open the system profiler without selecting "about mac". It's inside Apps/utils.

Correct EDID for vaio f11 display

00FFFFFF FFFFFF00 367F2500 00000000 2D0C0104 90241400 EAA8E099 574B9225 1C505400 00000101 01010101 01010101 01010101 01014038 80B47038 40403C3C 550068C8 10000018 40388080 7138AA40 80808800 68C81000 00180000 00FC004E 76696469 61204465 6661756C 000000FC 00742046 6C617420 50616E65 6C00001F

Again trying edid stuff... Hopeless?

To inject the edid, download attached macbookpro 6,1 deviceproperties.plist. Edit this deviceproperties with plist edit, place the edid above inside and correct other values. Don't know them all. Then use EFI Studio to convert plist to hex string. Add this hex string under "device-properties" to boot.plist of chameleon.

deviceproperties_2.plist.zip

EDIT: read 3 posts below, take my dsdt/aml for vaio f11 (gt330m). It has the edid inside the acpi.

OSX 10.6.6

Combo-Update installed without any problems here. Runs just fine as 10.6.3.

Some news infos:

Enabling sleeping: Download recent SleepEnabler here and plac it into extra kexts of bootloader: sleepenabler googlecode

Then enter this at terminal and after reboot, your vaio will successful go to sleep and wake up :) :

Correct EDID for vaio f11 display

Again trying edid stuff... Hopeless?

To inject the edid, download attached macbookpro 6,1 deviceproperties.plist. Edit this deviceproperties with plist edit, place the edid above inside and correct other values. Don't know them all. Then use EFI Studio to convert plist to hex string. Add this hex string under "device-properties" to boot.plist of chameleon.

deviceproperties_2.plist.zip

OSX 10.6.6

Combo-Update installed without any problems here. Runs just fine as 10.6.3.

how do you get this edid?

i found something:

download atmonitor (free)

after print iokit from this app it gives more thing than ioreg explorer i did it with vesa and with graphic enabler

after compare i saw a curious thing:

| +-o NVDA,Display-A@0 <class IORegistryEntry:IOService:IOPlatformDevice:IONDRVDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 10>

| | | | | {

| | | | | "width" = <00000000>

| | | | | "height" = <00000000>

as i can see it seems internal screen load but with no size("width" = <00000000>

| | | | | "height" = <00000000>

and i have vendor id s from internal screen

Atmonitor? YOu can get a valid EDID from windows with the windows tool "moninfo", because the screen is properly installed there. My edid matches one of the ones inside the dsdt/acpi. So I am sure it is right. So take it and don't bother how to get it, ok? Or do you have another vaio model? Maybe it's interesting if your edid matches my edid then.

kizwan and others, this seems to be quite interesting to me:

The f11 dsdt lcd device contains 6 edids. The fourth, EDI4 is the right one. If you search for EDI4 you will see it is compared with the variable "gpid". Searching for "gpid" you will see that inside the snc device, gpid will be compared with 0x4 a bunch of times. Maybe this is a place to apply a patch? What do you dsdt experts think about it?

If I add a the following line to the beginning of the _INI method of _SB-PCI0:

Store (0x04, GPID)

Could this help? Also _SB.PCI0.LPCB.SNC._INI and _SB.PCI0.LPCB.SNC.SNFA could be called. These SNC functions seem to be interesting.

EDIT: read post below, my experiments.

Here is a new dsdt

It is cleaned up in a way that all PEGP is deleted (because PEG3 is the right one) and all checks relating GPID == 0x04 are used, also EDI4 is always returned. So maybe it's a good base.

There is also proper EDID injection inside from kizwan inside NGFX._DSM, so you have to turn graphics enabler off, no enabler required anymore.

I also tried to move the SNC._INI code to _SB.PCI0._INI. Question: Is this a proper place to enable snc calls (maybe wakeup lcd or something)?

Also _DOS and _DOD added to NGFX... Swapped 0x110 (lcd) with 0x100 (tv), so lcd is the first device. Question: Could this have any effect?

This is the nvcap used:

/* 0000 */ 0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00,

/* 0008 */ 0x7E, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0A,

/* 0010 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

Question: Is this the recent and decent nvcaps?

The internal screen does not appear at all. This is the ioreg of the display devices, looks good to me:

post-39386-1296789185_thumb.png

But no "displayX" appears within Display-A tree.

EDIT: There should be a AppleBacklightDisplay.

The display0 inside Display-B was matched by com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily. So maybe this kext has to be patched, not the nvidia kexts. If it's iographicsfamily that has to be patched, this would be good news, because it is happily opensource:

opensource.apple.com/source/IOGraphics/IOGraphics-48

These particular sources seem to be responsible for the device detection:

opensource.apple.com/source/IOGraphics/IOGraphics-48/IOGraphicsFamily/IODisplayWrangler.cpp

opensource.apple.com/source/IOGraphics/IOGraphics-48/IOGraphicsFamily/IODisplay.cpp

Here is the dsl + aml:

DSDT.aml.zipDSDT.dsl.zip

yeah

i have another model

atmonitor gives more info than ioreg explorer

how do you get a .romfile i can t use nvcapmaker because of

a strange thing i reinstall my os many times lately and sometimes webcam works at first boot and sometimes not don t know why .... kalyway installer5.2

webcam is provide by snc i presume

whatr i don t understand is why computer detect monitor at boot and in vesa and not with any injector could it be the things with height ant with i suggest before or some apple pref in obscure plist look like valor min valor max somewhere

when i look onto nvdahn and resmam i see shorts cut to modified code signature is there s a change in the driver when loads ?

why when i calibrated internal display and saved it disapear when something s injected ?

i have found it but masked on library/colorsync ...

why thedetect display option don t work?

i ve read there s problem in this option in 10.5 instead of 10.4

so i ve read there s a script for but it s a shell don t know how it work

i post you the file it gives to me in moninfo

why mirroring can t be load

is there s a app for?

after 3 years of use i think vaio s are very big bullsh""""""......

yeah

i have another model

atmonitor gives more info than ioreg explorer

how do you get a .romfile i can t use nvcapmaker because of

a strange thing i reinstall my os many times lately and sometimes webcam works at first boot and sometimes not don t know why .... kalyway installer5.2

webcam is provide by snc i presume

whatr i don t understand is why computer detect monitor at boot and in vesa and not with any injector could it be the things with height ant with i suggest before or some apple pref in obscure plist look like valor min valor max somewhere

when i look onto nvdahn and resmam i see shorts cut to modified code signature is there s a change in the driver when loads ?

why when i calibrated internal display and saved it disapear when something s injected ?

i have found it but masked on library/colorsync ...

why thedetect display option don t work?

i ve read there s problem in this option in 10.5 instead of 10.4

so i ve read there s a script for but it s a shell don t know how it work

i post you the file it gives to me in moninfo

why mirroring can t be load

is there s a app for?

after 3 years of use i think vaio s are very big bullsh""""""......

mon_asset_manager_dossier__2_.rar