Intel® Core™ i7 - 720QM
Installed: 6GB (4GB+2GB)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M GPU w/ 1024 MB
Marvell® Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Realtek ALC275 audio
Mac OS X Version:-
Snow Leopard 10.6.3 with MacBook Pro 3.1 update.
Objective: Generate modified DSDT to get at least the NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M & Realtek ALC275 audio working.
EDIT: For now, fix for Realtek ALC275 is not yet implemented in any test DSDTs.
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M injection:-
- Realtek ALC275 (HDEF injection):-
- With V1 probably the internal mic will not working. This is because it connected to Audio Selector instead Audio Mixer.
- With V2 I tried to get both internal & external mic working.
- Please try both V1 & V2.
- Unsupported internal MIC entry in DSDT & legacy kext has been removed in this package.
- Make sure HDAEnabler.kext (& any other audio injector) is not installed.
- Make sure VoodooHDA.kext is not installed.
- Make sure any other legacy or patched kext for audio is not installed.
- Copy the modified dsdt.aml file in the package to the designated location.
- Copy the legacy kext (ALC275F115FM_106_V3.kext) to Extra folder.
- If you're using 10.6.3, you will require to replace the AppleHDA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/ folder with the one included in the package.
- Repair Permissions.
- Reboot. If necessary, boot with -f one time to ensure kext cache is up to date.
Test User(s): Mammoth & others.
Sony Vaio VPCF115FM Resources:-
Please visit Mammoth's thread to obtain information regarding installation guide, boot CD & etc:-
[Guide] Sony VAIO VPCF115FM 10.6.x installation
How to dump graphic card BIOS/ROM to a file:-
1) Use GPU-Z application.
2) Follow the instruction in this thread or download this package & follow this instruction:-
chown -R root:wheel RadeonPCI.kext
chmod -R 755 RadeonPCI.kext
Other required information:-
1) Gather the graphic card info in Windows Device Manager, Details tab:-
- "Device description", "Hardware Ids", "Location Information", "Address", "Location Paths" & "Parent"
2) The "Parent" value is actually VEN & DEV id of parent device. Locate the device in "System devices" which have identical VEN & DEV id. Look for device that contain "PCI Express" or similar in its name. Gather the same information as above.
3) You can use a utility called "MonInfo" to gather EDID value for your graphic card. It is a windows application. Look for "Raw data". It is a value for EDID.