Intel® Core™ i7 - 720QM

Installed: 6GB (4GB+2GB)

Maximum: 8GB

Type/Speed: DDR3/1333MHz

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M GPU w/ 1024 MB

Marvell® Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Realtek ALC275 audio

Mac OS X Version:-

Snow Leopard 10.6.3 with MacBook Pro 3.1 update.

Objective: Generate modified DSDT to get at least the NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M & Realtek ALC275 audio working.

EDIT: For now, fix for Realtek ALC275 is not yet implemented in any test DSDTs.

Test DSDTs:-

• NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M injection:-

http://www.mediafire.com/?mctzqehvmzx

http://www.mediafire.com/?xmzugwtm0tg

http://www.mediafire.com/?mwtezd0nady (EDID injection)

• Realtek ALC275 (HDEF injection):-

Thank you to Phantom Thief Dark Mousy for the codec dump. These are the modified DSDT, legacy kext for ALC275 as well as 10.6.3 AppleHDA.kext (patched with ALC275 device ID). Please refer to Readme.rtf file & the instruction below for further information. No audio through HDMI yet because HDMI audio device is completely different device.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0lntwmjiwjz

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmyygzlzmwm

Notes:-

- With V1 probably the internal mic will not working. This is because it connected to Audio Selector instead Audio Mixer.

- With V2 I tried to get both internal & external mic working.

- Please try both V1 & V2.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tjm0jmmjtjy

Notes:-

- Unsupported internal MIC entry in DSDT & legacy kext has been removed in this package.

- Make sure HDAEnabler.kext (& any other audio injector) is not installed.

- Make sure VoodooHDA.kext is not installed.

- Make sure any other legacy or patched kext for audio is not installed.

Instructions:-

- Copy the modified dsdt.aml file in the package to the designated location.

- Copy the legacy kext (ALC275F115FM_106_V3.kext) to Extra folder.

- If you're using 10.6.3, you will require to replace the AppleHDA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/ folder with the one included in the package.

- Repair Permissions.

- Reboot. If necessary, boot with -f one time to ensure kext cache is up to date.

Test User(s): Mammoth & others.

Sony Vaio VPCF115FM Resources:-

Please visit Mammoth's thread to obtain information regarding installation guide, boot CD & etc:-

[Guide] Sony VAIO VPCF115FM 10.6.x installation

How to dump graphic card BIOS/ROM to a file:-

(either one)

1) Use GPU-Z application.

2) Follow the instruction in this thread or download this package & follow this instruction:-

http://www.mediafire.com/?ugm3mn0jymq

sudo -s

cd ~/Desktop/VBIOS

chown -R root:wheel RadeonPCI.kext

chmod -R 755 RadeonPCI.kext

kextutil RadeonPCI.kext

./RadeonDump -d

exit

Other required information:-

1) Gather the graphic card info in Windows Device Manager, Details tab:-

- "Device description", "Hardware Ids", "Location Information", "Address", "Location Paths" & "Parent"

2) The "Parent" value is actually VEN & DEV id of parent device. Locate the device in "System devices" which have identical VEN & DEV id. Look for device that contain "PCI Express" or similar in its name. Gather the same information as above.

3) You can use a utility called "MonInfo" to gather EDID value for your graphic card. It is a windows application. Look for "Raw data". It is a value for EDID.

kizwan

Well I've tried this DSDT on my cousins laptop (he recently purchased the same from Best buy). This DSDT file seems to have some errors in it but I took one that I had made that had worked for me and tried out your modifications with the Display and the audio. If I recall it didn't help the situation, the display still forwards to external rather than internal. I could not test the audio as I did not have a external monitor on hand at the time. Once I have access to this laptop again I'll post the DSDT I made to let you see it

Well I've tried this DSDT on my cousins laptop (he recently purchased the same from Best buy). This DSDT file seems to have some errors in it but I took one that I had made that had worked for me and tried out your modifications with the Display and the audio. If I recall it didn't help the situation, the display still forwards to external rather than internal. I could not test the audio as I did not have a external monitor on hand at the time. Once I have access to this laptop again I'll post the DSDT I made to let you see it

Please post here the errors you found. BTW, no audio fix yet in both dsdt (R6 & R7).

Nope. Mammoth not yet give me feedback about the dsdt, either it works or not. No other tester.

Hello Kizwan (and all),

Sorry, I had a very busy weekend; a-ha concert Saturday AND Sunday, a-ha after party, fashion show, parties.... it's TOUGH here in Hollywood! :(

But I have been working on my Hack here and there too. First of all, yes, the latest DSDT's didn't work... same results. Strange. I even took the time to finally create a brand new image which gave me a clean 10.6.3 install, plus my Sony Vaio factory image of Windows 7, my dedicated Cham partition, and one other partition with just OS X on it for use in repairing my primary OS X install, should there be problems. But even after this nice clean install, like I said, the DSDT's still don't work. With my DSDT, I AM able to get display on the laptop's display, just at 1024x768. It seems like we are just missing something small and simple. I have a lot of faith in Kizwan's abilities. Maybe we should set up a time and do an IM chat session where we can work and try different things quickly?

Mammoth

Well with your DSDT's Snow Leopard would not boot altogether, it will give a "Still waiting for Root device" error which is weird b/c for me SL uses vanilla SATA drivers...

I'm going to attach a DSDT file I made, it doesn't have your fixes in it yet as I still cant get to the laptop but it works.

Use this and lets see what we can do with it. It is a dsl file so it will still need to be compiled.

NOTE: it does have some basic DSDT fixes (DTGP, HPET RTC)

DSDTVAIO.DSL

Well with your DSDT's Snow Leopard would not boot altogether, it will give a "Still waiting for Root device" error which is weird b/c for me SL uses vanilla SATA drivers...

I'm going to attach a DSDT file I made, it doesn't have your fixes in it yet as I still cant get to the laptop but it works.

Use this and lets see what we can do with it. It is a dsl file so it will still need to be compiled.

NOTE: it does have some basic DSDT fixes (DTGP, HPET RTC)

DSDTVAIO.DSL

The objective is to get the internal LCD to works with QE & CI supported, as well as all supported resolution. If you check in Windows Device Manager, you will find that the graphic card is attached to PCI Express device with address=00030000. Locating the address in dsdt file, you will find:-

Device (PEG3)
		 {
			 Name (_ADR, 0x00030000)
			 Device (NGFX)
			 {

This is the location where you put the code (in Device (NGFX)).

I'm also have a Dell Studio 1557 with PM55 chipset, same chipset as Sony Vaio VPCF115FM use. These are the only kexts I need to put in Extra folder to boot Mac OS X (harddisk mode=AHCI):-

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext
fakesmc.kext
IONetworkingFamily.kext  (Extracted from Empire  EFI v 1.085 R2 - to enable internal Realtek  NIC)
OpenHaltRestart.kext

I don't have Sony Vaio VPCF115FM notebook, so it is difficult for me to test. To make this works, I need volunteer, who have this notebook, to test the modified dsdt. So far, Mammoth is willing to help me & he have done a good job by providing me results & ioreg dump.

@Mammoth, if it is possible, please try this:-

1) Can you access remotely to your notebook from other computer? If your wireless card is working, boot with your dsdt & turn on "Screen Sharing" in System Preferences. Try again with the modified dsdt & connect remotely using VNC. Gather the ioreg & System Profiler dump.

2) Connect external monitor & check if QE & CI working or not. Gather the ioreg & System Profiler dump.

Thank you. :P

@Mammoth, if it is possible, please try this:-

1) Can you access remotely to your notebook from other computer? If your wireless card is working, boot with your dsdt & turn on "Screen Sharing" in System Preferences. Try again with the modified dsdt & connect remotely using VNC. Gather the ioreg & System Profiler dump.

2) Connect external monitor & check if QE & CI working or not. Gather the ioreg & System Profiler dump.

Thank you. :P

Hi Kizwan,

Yes, I will be happy to do this test! However tomorrow is going to be a very busy day for me, so I may not be able to try until Thursday, but I will.

Question: You got your LAN connection working? Do you have the same LAN card as our VAIO's?

Thank you once again,

Mammoth

I have Sony VAIO AW190JAH (with 9600M-GT), and i'd like to help too, but from what I've gather this is somehow impossible because the soft edid, or how sony design it's acpi for displaying onto internal lcd, don't know for sure though...

Have you guys try this?

Nvidia Geforce GT 320m ce qi fixed

This is good news. Thank you.

@Mammoth, please try this kext with your dsdt & get the ioreg dump. I really appreciated if you can post the result today. :P If it works, I can make it works with dsdt injection. To answer your question, we don't have similar LAN card. I have realtek LAN card which much easier to get it to work.

I have Sony VAIO AW190JAH (with 9600M-GT), and i'd like to help too, but from what I've gather this is somehow impossible because the soft edid, or how sony design it's acpi for displaying onto internal lcd, don't know for sure though...

Do you have "Sony programmable Interface Controller" in Device Manager? If you do, I'm not sure I will be able to get it to works. Please post here your ioreg dump (using IORegistryExplorer).

Gather the graphic card info in Windows Device Manager, Details tab:-

- "Device description", "Hardware Ids", "Location Information", "Address", "Location Paths" & "Parent"

The "Parent" value is actually VEN & DEV id of parent device. Locate the device in "System devices" which have identical VEN & DEV id. Look for device that contain "PCI Express" or similar in its name. Gather the same information as above.

You can use a utility called "MonInfo" to gather EDID value for your graphic card. It is a windows application. Look for "Raw data". It is a value for EDID.

@Mammoth, please try this kext with your dsdt & get the ioreg dump. I really appreciated if you can post the result today. :P If it works, I can make it works with dsdt injection. To answer your question, we don't have similar LAN card. I have realtek LAN card which much easier to get it to work.

Hi Kizwan,

I don't have to work tonight after all so I am ready to work on this TODAY! ;)

Check this out too:

Check out Post #8 & 9

@Mammoth, please try this kext with your dsdt & get the ioreg dump. I really appreciated if you can post the result today. ;) If it works, I can make it works with dsdt injection. To answer your question, we don't have similar LAN card. I have realtek LAN card which much easier to get it to work.

Hi Kizwan,

OK, I got the file from the link, tried with my DSDT, no dice. : ( following is the message I left for Zipforce (where I got the file from):

=============================================

Hi there Zipforce!

I have a Sony VAIO VPCF115FM that has an nVidia GT 330M.

I noticed in my S/L/E folder that I do not have an ATY_Inet.kext. I copied yours in anyway, then ran Kext Utility, then rebooted. No change for me. Is there something else I need to do?

I have SL 10.6.3 installed, have applied 10.6.3 Combo Update v1.1, plus I have installed the MacBook Pro v3.1 update.

Any help would be great, Thank you!

=============================================

Kizwan... I have some progress!

Please tell me this will help....

Using the NVenabler from TonyMacX86 [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] installer (v1.1.0) and the ATY_Init.kext, I get full video, but this is out of the HDMI connector to my HDTV. I also have to startup with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Would an IOReg dump be helpful?

Mammoth

p.s. Also, might there be a Mac key sequence that could switch from an external display to internal?

Ok here is the IOReg... hope it will be of use! :rolleyes:

VAIOMacBookProReg02.zip

Hi kizwan,

here is and info I've gathered from device manager of my laptop:

Graphics Cards:

Device Desc:

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

Hardware ids:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0649&SUBSYS_9040104D&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0649&SUBSYS_9040104D

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0649&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0649&CC_0300

Location Information:

PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0

Address:

Location Paths:

PCIROOT(0)#PCI(0100)#PCI(0000)

Parent:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A41&SUBSYS_9040104D&REV_07\3&11583659&0&08

and the PCI Express Controller:

Device Desc:

Mobile Intel® 45 Express Chipset Series PCI Express Root Port - 2A41

Hardware Ids:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A41&SUBSYS_9040104D&REV_07

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A41&SUBSYS_9040104D

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A41&CC_060400

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A41&CC_0604

Location information:

PCI bus 0, device 1, function 0

Address:

Location Paths:

PCIROOT(0)#PCI(0100)

Parent:

ACPI\PNP0A08\0

and Raw Data from moninfo:

00,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,00,3A,C4,00,02,00,00,00,00,2D,0C,01,03,80,20,12,00,EA,A8,E0

,99,57,4B,92,25,

1C,50,54,00,00,00,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,69,3A,80,18,71

4A,00,42,B5,10,00,00,18,00,00,00,FC,00,4E,76,69,64,69,61,20,44,65,66,61,75,6C,00

,00,00,FC,00,74,

20,46,6C,61,74,20,50,61,6E,65,6C,00,00,00,00,FD,00,00,3D,1D,44,0F,00,00,20,20,20

and here is the screenshot of my system devices hardware list:

systemdeviceslist.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

unfortunately I've just removed my leopard installation before stumbled upon this thread, is there a way to retrieve ioreg dump via windows?

Thanks a lot!

Using the NVenabler from TonyMacX86 [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] installer (v1.1.0) and the ATY_Init.kext, I get full video, but this is out of the HDMI connector to my HDTV. I also have to startup with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

p.s. Also, might there be a Mac key sequence that could switch from an external display to internal?

This is what I'm afraid of. I think sony implement LVDS (internal display) differently. The NVCAP I constructed already point the primary display to LVDS. This is the description of NVCAP by fassl:-

BYTE: NVCAP_VERSION (hardcoded, goes from 0 to 5)
BYTE:  HAS_CLAM_SHELL (lid)
BYTE: UNKNOWN (most built-in cards and MacPro  7300GT have that set to 1)
BYTE: UNKNOWN (most built-in cards have  that set to 1. something about backlight?)
WORD: OUTPUT GROUP 3  (guessing, it describes what outputs are usable together with S-Video  out)
WORD: OUTPUT GROUP 1 (describes what outputs are grouped to  Display-A)
WORD: OUTPUT GROUP 2 (describes what outputs are grouped  to Display-B)
BYTE:
BYTE:
BYTE:
BYTE:
BYTE: BUILT-IN  (guessing, built-in cards apart from 7300GO (AppleTV) have this set to  1)
BYTE: UNKNOWN (hardcoded value)
BYTE:  EDID_MANUFACTURER_RESERVED_TIMINGS (BYTE 0x25 of the primary screens  EDID)
BYTE:
BYTE:
BYTE: UNKNOWN (MacBookPro 8600MGT (15") 128MB  Vram has this set to 1)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M ROM info:-

rominfo.png

Based on the NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M ROM (refer screenshot), I constructed the NVCAP like these:-

0x05, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x06, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x0E, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

0x05, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x06, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

0x05, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x06, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

I use NVCAP_VERSION=0x05 (purple) because MacBookPro 6,1 also use the same version. The red, blue & green are OUTPUT GROUP 3, OUTPUT GROUP 1 & OUTPUT GROUP 2 respectively. Since the LVDS (always grouped in OUTPUT GROUP 1) is at index 0, so I set bit 0:-

hex: 0x0001 --> 01 00 (endian format)
binary: 0000 0000 0000 0001

All other outputs are grouped in OUTPUT GROUP 2. Analog & TMDS outputs are at index 1 & 2 respectively. So, Analog set to bit 1 & TMDS set to bit 2:-

hex: 0x0006 --> 06 00 (endian format)
binary: 0000 0000 0000  0110

The other thing that can cause blank display is wrong "display-cfg" value but I didn't inject it in the DSDT & it should be fine. The other thing we can try is to inject EDID values. For this you need to install "MonInfo" in windows & post here the "Raw data".

This is the latest NVCAP (R8, R9 & R10 - download link below) I put in the DSDT. It is taken from Tonymac's NVEnabler:-

0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x7e, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0a, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

I have generated 3 set of dsdt.aml, R8, R9 & R10. Please provide me two results for each set of dsdt.aml:-

1) With GraphicsEnabler=No

2) With GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Make sure your HDTV is connected via HDMI cable all the time. With GraphicsEnabler=No, if you get blank screen at internal LCD, I really appreciated if you can get the ioreg dump. To do this you have to use VNC because there is no display.

R8, R9 & R10 dsdt.aml:-

(R10 contain backlight injection)

BTW, don't forget to remove any enabler or injector kext for graphic card.

kizwan

• Like 1

Hi kizwan,

here is and info I've gathered from device manager of my laptop:

unfortunately I've just removed my leopard installation before stumbled upon this thread, is there a way to retrieve ioreg dump via windows?

Thanks a lot!

Thank you but I need your dsdt to start working on it. I'm afraid you need to reinstall Leopard to test the modified dsdt. There is a lot of ways to obtain your dsdt. The easiest way is using Everest application. I'm also can extract the dsdt directly from the BIOS image, as long it is Phoenix BIOS. Please give me the download link to your BIOS image.

Sony Vaio VPCF115FM Specification:-

Intel® Core™ i7 - 720QM

Installed: 6GB (4GB+2GB)

Maximum: 8GB

Type/Speed: DDR3/1333MHz

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M GPU w/ 1024 MB

Marvell® Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Realtek ALC275 audio

Mac OS X Version:-

Snow Leopard 10.6.3 with MacBook Pro 3.1 update.

Objective: Generate modified DSDT to get at least the NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M & Realtek ALC275 audio working.

Test DSDTs

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M injection:-

http://www.mediafire.com/?mctzqehvmzx

Test User: Mammoth

kizwan

DSDT r8 DSDT r9 DSDT r10 don't work onto internal display. ALC275 dont work.

Regards

Ok, it seems that there is some progress here.

I have the vaio F11Z1E. i would be very happy to help.

What I have done till now:

1st installation:

LeoHazard (server-client DVD), (with busratio=12, maxmem=4087, PciRoot=1) this get it to install and first boot

updated to 10.6.3, (no need for any boot flags to boot anymore)

Just with GraphicsEnabler=Yes I get 1920x1080 to external display and the following:

Dashboard working (i can see the waves), front row working, but not chess (hangs after 3 moves and can't wach apple trailers with quickview.

pic2b.gif

pic1z.gif

Even if it shows 1600x900. I didn't get a screenshot at 1920x1800

2nd installation:

Retail 10.6.0 with Empire EFI v108 ati48xx NVGTX 2xx

same results

I will try to help with the DSDT injection if I can during the weekend. Please let me know what do you want me to try.

Please note that me knowledge and experience is a bit limited.

Also note that I have discussion on google wave with extraspeed (the quy that claims that has fixed it)

Thank you but I need your dsdt to start working on it. I'm afraid you need to reinstall Leopard to test the modified dsdt. There is a lot of ways to obtain your dsdt. The easiest way is using Everest application. I'm also can extract the dsdt directly from the BIOS image, as long it is Phoenix BIOS. Please give me the download link to your BIOS image.

Hi kizwan, unfortunately the bios is AMI bios, and I've uploaded it here, maybe you can check it, I've tried to create DSDT using ACPI patcher but to no avail...

R1054Y2.zip

I will try to help with the DSDT injection if I can during the weekend. Please let me know what do you want me to try.

Please note that me knowledge and experience is a bit limited.

Also note that I have discussion on google wave with extraspeed (the quy that claims that has fixed it)

Thank you for the results. :mellow: Your F11Z1E also have NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M graphic card? If yes, did you install the MacBookPro 3.1 update? Please provide me your DSDT & ioreg dump (using IORegistryExplorer app). Also "Raw data" using MonInfo application in windows.

EDIT: I already read your post over here. Have you tried the latest Empire EFI v1.085 R2 with 10.6.3 + MacBookPro 3.1 update + (Tonymac's NVEnabler or ATY_init.kext)? It have framebuffer disabler & I think maybe you can get display on internal LCD but QE & CI might not work.

Hi kizwan, unfortunately the bios is AMI bios, and I've uploaded it here, maybe you can check it, I've tried to create DSDT using ACPI patcher but to no avail...

R1054Y2.zip

I think it is better for me to wait for you to install leopard first. :rolleyes:

DSDT r8 DSDT r9 DSDT r10 don't work onto internal display. ALC275 dont work.

Regards

Thank you for testing. For now, fix for Realtek ALC275 is not yet implemented in test DSDTs. That is why it doesn't works.