[How To] Install Snow Leo on Acer 6292

peach-os

114 posts in this topic

Well.....I follow ur tips n' change the trouble:

Now no sowsthe lether I tell u before...... Now starts and show me the chameleon image n, let me choise what disk I wanna boot.

I select the SL drive an show the apple withe screen with the follow letters:

"panic(cpu 1 caller 0x2a6ac2): Kernel trap at 0x429a2231, type 14=page fault, registers:

CR0: 0x80001003b, CR2:".......(this sow a similar letters).......

"error code: 0x00000000

debuger called: panic

AppleIntelCPUPoermanagement: eneabling legacy HPET check

Backtrace (CPU 1), Frame : Return address (4 potential args on stack)"

(here it sows a few numbers)

BDS process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

Mac OS version:

Not yet set

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 10.0.0: Fri Jul 31 22:47:34 PDT 2009; root:xnu-1456.1.25-1/RELEASE_I386

System model name: MacPro2,1

System uptime in nanoseconds: 621143432"

ends......... I undersatand is about something with the kernel......what do u think about this?

help me please and if it works the guide too works for the TM6291...thanks

this is what happens if HPET is not working.

1. Do you have AppleCpuPowerManagment.kext in Extra or S/L/E ? If yes it's not loading

2. Do you have a DSDT? are you using my DSDT? If yes this can't work for a different machine than 6292 and same cpu

Solution: delete DSDT, install AppleCpuPowerManagment.kext into Extra - boot and make your own DSDT

Well, u're rigth, the AppleCpuPowerManagement.kext is not on extra, but where I get it?

S/L/E folder is not on my SL drive.......where I put it?, and this only have Voodoo files...is rigth?

About the DSDT, the TM 6291 is the same machine like TM6292, but a more slowly CPU, the left is the same......

thanks for yur help

wow.......man - there is some knowledge missing.....

you must have S/L/E - that's the short name for System/Library/Extensions

what do you have in EXTRA ?

different CPU = you can't use my DSDT!

sorry.... I wrote nonsens before - you need the disabler.kext in Extra to avoid loading of AppleCpuPowerManagement.kext or DSDT to load it properly

Oh!...excuse me...really the english comunication is not easy for me.......jejejejejeje

well....I start the process agani from beginnig; but this time not copy de DSDT an copy the disabler on extra folder.......

to start the chameleon logo appears an when I select the SL drive appear de withe apple logoscreen with de circle below moving....after a few minut the screen turns withe and nothing happens after...

on extra I have:

com.apple.Boot.plist

Extensions.bak.mkext

Extensions.mkext

Disabler.kext

extension folder

Themes folder

Thanks!

what else do you have in Extra / Extensions?

you should have at least fakesmc.kext and disabler.kext for the first boot

delete extensions.mkext

when you boot a fresh system always boot with -v option to read error msg when it stops

• 3 weeks later...

@marcussebe as for the kexts, ive been fiddling with kexts(dot)com and they have an atheros kext that got one of my AR5007s working on Lion (10.7.3)

you could try searching their repository.

Also, Peach-OS, might i enquire as to why you are still using snow leopard?

I am running 10.7.3 on my TM6292 with everything working, i have full QE/CI, wireless (Using a broadcom card out of an old Dell) sound, Usb and ethernet. The camera even works natively in Lion!

the install is a pain in the a*** using iAtkos but its worth it.

HI LachlanDMcCahon,

I install on my TM6292 iatkos L1, I upgrade to 10.7.1 e 10.7.2, but when I upgrade to 10.7.3 the system doesnt't start? look che image link

Can you post the kext and the plist that use?

thanks

by Marcuss

post-624069-0-04984000-1348089924_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

thanks For this post .... You Helped me alot

and please .....

if u have more kext for TravelMate 6292 attach it ... My lap is installing the mac right now and i will need every thing to make it working better than windows or better than anytime before

thanks again

hello dude first i have to thank every person in this Forum ...

i got ML ON My Acer TravelMate 6292

and it's working Great and i love it

just i can't Find the wifi Kext and the Camera Kext

My Wifi is PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN Network Connection

my cam is Crystal Eye

what i do ??? any Help ??????

you won't have luck with the 4965 AG. Save your time with useless experiments and get yourself an Atheros-AR5BXB61 like this http://www.ebay.de/itm/Atheros-AR5BXB61-Laptop-Mini-PCIe-Wifi-Karte-802-11b-g-/251435945285?pt=DE_Computer_Sonstige&hash=item3a8ac00d45

it's usually less than 10 USD on ebay ;)

with the camera you will find solutions within this topic, though I don't know if they are still working with ML