[How To] Install Snow Leo on Acer 6292

peach-os

114 posts in this topic

don´t waste your time with the 4965 - get a Broadcom 4311 for 10 - 15 bucks in the bay and replace it. it will be recognized as Airport and very easy to replace ( I did it in less than 3 minutes).

is bluetooth onboard on your 6292?

don´t waste your time with the 4965 - get a Broadcom 4311 for 10 - 15 bucks in the bay and replace it. it will be recognized as Airport and very easy to replace ( I did it in less than 3 minutes).

is bluetooth onboard on your 6292?

Yes, i have the Acer TM 6292 602G16Mn with an onboard bluetooth card. it worked out of the box and is recognised as an apple mobile bluetooth device.

it works very well with the magic mouse i bought the other day =D

the main issue for the broadcom cards with me is my wireless router ONLY operates on 5ghz dual band 802.11N so both those ABG cards are useless.

My ethernet broke again and nearly every second reboot i need to reinstall the PCI kext and the appleBMC kexts and that annoys me a lot. not sure why.

in other news. using the chameleon 2.0 pkg installer works to install lion with the XMove method. same compatability as 10.6.8 but i lost QE and CI.

also, in 10.6.8, my X3100 has started registering as a GMA 950, i am aware that those cards are essentially the same but its still annoying.

any tips for improving battery life, atm i get about 1.5 hours compared to 3+ hours under the windows 8 dev beta and win 7.

thanks for all the help thus far.

one last item, did you performa combo update to 10.6.8 or the apple 10.6.8 v 1.1 update?

i used a combo update and my 10.6.8 is very unstable. frequent kernel panics during boot or normal use and as mentioned earlier, constant reinstalls of the ethernet kext are required.

I don´t have any of these problems. with the last files I provided and a clean vanilla install no problems at all.

I did the updates step by step - no combo.

my graphics is still recognized as x3100. did you try my files, including the dsdt? are you using IOPCMCIAFamily.kext?

I don´t have any of these problems. with the last files I provided and a clean vanilla install no problems at all.

I did the updates step by step - no combo.

my graphics is still recognized as x3100. did you try my files, including the dsdt? are you using IOPCMCIAFamily.kext?

Yes, i am using a vanilla install, step by step 10.6.3->10.6.4->etcetera. and am using all the files provided by you (thanks for them btw =D)

Upgrading to 10.6.8 is of no real concern to me, i am content to dual boot 10.6.7 and Lion. seems stable enough.

I have tried every combination of patched IOPCIfamily, IOnetworking and BMC but i cannot get ethernet to work, any other tips i can try?

Thanks for all the sterling work so far =D

and the webcam works perfectly in photobooth and iChat without any extentions. just install CamTwist and set it to PIP. open your webcam software THEN open camtwist and voila! working webcam.

OK THEN!

Have you installed and tried iAtkos L1 yet?

i am downloading it now but was wondering if you have had any success with it.

when i get it i shall be utilising a USB installer with chameleon 2.

if you have, can you tell me what install options you used.

If you have not, i shall try various install options and inform you of my successes.

I hope i have the hardware support i get with snow leo, but anyway, here goes!

:) :angry2: :angry2: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

and the webcam works perfectly in photobooth and iChat without any extentions. just install CamTwist and set it to PIP. open your webcam software THEN open camtwist and voila! working webcam.

this seems to be a better solution http://www.kexts.com/view/1693-acer_crysta...pplication.html

not tested yet. I´ll stay with snow leo till end of the year :(

this seems to be a better solution http://www.kexts.com/view/1693-acer_crysta...pplication.html

not tested yet. I´ll stay with snow leo till end of the year :)

Ah ok, i'm leaving 1 partition as my ready to go snow leo on 10.6.7 + i made an image of the install with SUPERDUPER before i begun. im still having trouble booting the L1 disc tho. stops at

[PCI Configuration END]

As for your webcam solution, tis the same as mine just with a different program.

I dropped in some broadcom card i found in a laptop in a dumpster about an hour ago =D it works great!

so my laptop now works 100% =D=D

thanks for all your help.

• 2 months later...

Yes, i have the Acer TM 6292 602G16Mn with an onboard bluetooth card. it worked out of the box and is recognised as an apple mobile bluetooth device.

it works very well with the magic mouse i bought the other day =D

the main issue for the broadcom cards with me is my wireless router ONLY operates on 5ghz dual band 802.11N so both those ABG cards are useless.

My ethernet broke again and nearly every second reboot i need to reinstall the PCI kext and the appleBMC kexts and that annoys me a lot. not sure why.

in other news. using the chameleon 2.0 pkg installer works to install lion with the XMove method. same compatability as 10.6.8 but i lost QE and CI.

also, in 10.6.8, my X3100 has started registering as a GMA 950, i am aware that those cards are essentially the same but its still annoying.

any tips for improving battery life, atm i get about 1.5 hours compared to 3+ hours under the windows 8 dev beta and win 7.

thanks for all the help thus far.

one last item, did you performa combo update to 10.6.8 or the apple 10.6.8 v 1.1 update?

i used a combo update and my 10.6.8 is very unstable. frequent kernel panics during boot or normal use and as mentioned earlier, constant reinstalls of the ethernet kext are required.

Hi,

can you post the link of guide Xmove for lion?

Thanks

Edit:

I update my TM6292 with cpu T8300 2,4 Ghz. All work perfect...but the multiplier is block to x12 at 2,2 Ghz :(

Is possible insert x13 multiplier? if yes....How?

Thanks

Hi Everyone, sorry for the crappy delay.

I went and bought a 2nd gen MacBook - Intel Core2 Duo T7500, 2gb of ram, etc... it is very similar to our 6292's, if anyone is interested, there are still like 30 left on ebay for <$50.

I have been using it to dump various components and get information but i am so far stumped as to how to implement my software dumps of the smbios and UEFI.

I am so far able to boot iAtkos L2 (available at iatkos.me) and get as far as the install screen. i have used lion on the macbook to remove parts of the dvd that i didnt need and insert some of the kexts given at the start of this post. It boots and installs fine but on first boot i get stuck on the error, not really and error but a damn annoyance PCIConfiguration END [PCI=something and CARDBUS=something] replace something with 22 and 6 I think.

Anyway, there are good XMOVE tuts available at tonymacosx86.net for @marcussebeso just follow one of them. i used RBOOT LE for the first boot and then kexts from kexts.com for everything else. you can get res in 32 bit mode only. sound works with the same kexts given in this post, no ethernet, no camera, no wifi (i swapped out a broadcom wireless G card for this) dvd-rw drive works and the two usb ports on the right work. for no apparent reason the one on the left gives some random kernel panic if you try to use it, not sure what is happening with it.

enjoy :)

Edited by Lach_B
Removed dead link

Yes, I am using iAtkos L2M (iAtkos for Macs :D)

you can find the OS here: http://iatkos.me (their official site)

the macbooks can be found by searching "macbook core2 duo 2006" in ebay :D:D

just one issue.

i turned on 10.6.7 today and for no reason my trackpad (this is on my acer btw) is no longer functioning at all, i have the same problem with the sound and ethernet. not sure if they are all linked.

also, in system profiler, my graphics card is showing as an "apple macbook display module (INTELX3100) MB3,2"

just small problems, i can do without sound as my logitech G110 has a sound card built in that works great and i mainly use this as a mac mini sort of thing anyway...

**EDIT**

i have just turned on my laptop to check some emails and the trackpad works again, and sound, still no ethernet.

and to anyone interested, installing Lion (10.7.2 using iAtkos L2) only works if you have a spare laptop that can boot the install disc. our mobos lack something (im not sure what yet) that means we cant boot the disc. if you do happen to have another computer that can run and install the OS, do so in a manner that would suit your acer (i.e. x3100 drivers, voodooHDA 1.5, voodooPS2 as well as using the ethernet, webcam and DSDT from here as they all work great. When you put the HDD back in your acer you must clear the kext cache using -f and booting verbose wont hurt either.

what doesn't work: Graphics only work in 32 bit mode, not sure why at this stage. you must add arch=i386 to kernel flags in c.a.b.plist in /L/P/SC

also keep a copy of you /extra directory.

using the Lion app from the app store and xMove works only if you have an empireEFI boot disc, making one takes all of 3 minutes. that or if you are using chimera. follow the steps mentioned above to install. just use your laptop instead :) also, you MUST perform a clean install, updates dont work due to some kexts or something.

Edited by Lach_B
Removed dead links

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I install on TM6292 10.6.7, 10.6.8 and Lion

10.6.7: all work perfect. I use Wifi bcm4311, ar5bxb6 and ar5b9

10.6.8: all work, but wifi not work!!!!

On lion (all versions 10.7.0 10.7.1 10.7.2 10.7.3) work all, but wifi not work!!! I tape pin 20

Can you help me?

The kext are loaded, but on network configuretion nothink.

It's a dsdt problem?

Thanks

Marcuss

img.tiff

What should I do with the attached pic? learn Italian? ;)

So what kext is loaded?

Just to remember: you needed the patched PCI kext in Leo to make the WLAN work........maybe that's your problem.

Usual procedure would be: reinstall backup of previous version (I'm sure you have one ;) ) save kextstat as file - update again and compare

kextstat

• 1 month later...

@marcussebe as for the kexts, ive been fiddling with kexts(dot)com and they have an atheros kext that got one of my AR5007s working on Lion (10.7.3)

you could try searching their repository.

Also, Peach-OS, might i enquire as to why you are still using snow leopard?

I am running 10.7.3 on my TM6292 with everything working, i have full QE/CI, wireless (Using a broadcom card out of an old Dell) sound, Usb and ethernet. The camera even works natively in Lion!

the install is a pain in the a*** using iAtkos but its worth it.

• 4 months later...

Hello, I'm triying to install with this guide on a Travelmate 6291...is a similar hardware, ony change about hte procesor speed n' type........the problem is that when reboot dont satart SL, just show the follow:

>00000080

<00000002

000000C1

*<00064028

J

And this point no pass......what is posible to happen?

thanks for the help.

This problem is when I finish all steps and reboot the travelmate......I don't know if I doing bad step or something so......... for better description I write what I did:

1. Installed the Kallyway leopard DVD on a USB (up to 8 GB)

2. Start travelmate from the USB

3. With the Kallyway Leopard running y insert the SL DVD, format the Hard disk on GUID partition and Mac extended journaled

4. Install the SL on the new HDD from system/installation/packages/osinstall.mpkg

5. unselect the items no used and finish setup, didn't reboot

6. Installed chameleon RC2 on the new SL drive from the installer on the attached files

7. Replaced the boot file from the root of SL drive for the boot file from chameleon RC3/i386

8. Replaced the kexts in SL/Extra/Extensions with the attached files

9. Replace the com.apple.boot.plist in Extra with attached file

10. Reboot with option -v

Imediatli reboot appear d}the problem what I describe before.....

what I did bad?

what ideas have u to make it work?

Thanks for the answer

PDTA: Excuse me for my bad english.... I'm spanish speaker from Colombia...thanks

to me this error looks like something is wrong with your bootfile. another potential reason could be excluded with bootin -v and USBBusFix=Yes.

In case this doesn't work, try to set the harddrive partition active manually with fdisk. you will find instructions for this easily in this forum.

osx86tools has the fdisk also on board...

P.S.: De nada ;)