D-link DWA-125 Driver for SnowL 10.6.3?

11 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

hey guys,

i just installed this driver (which i download directly from dlink website)

i assume the driver is correct one, because i can see in preferences it stated DWA 125.

but it seems that OSX did not detect this as a USB wifi.

so any idea about this ?

im installing kalyway 10.5.2 on my PC.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this adapter too. I've tried ralink drivers, the dlink ones from Indonesia or whatever and still having issues. The connection stays, with good signal even (according to the setting thing, 80% signal), but it seems dns lookups and the like fail. My iPad, sitting next to it, will still work so I know it's not the router.

Any ideas? The router is b/g/n, 20/40 width. Wpa2-aes. Cisco linksys. And my USB adapter is the dwa-125 hardware revision a2.

• 4 weeks later...

I installed Mac OSX 10.6 Retail then Upgraded to 10.6.3

My Dlink Adapter is A1 Version.

Doing some kext -ing for some hardware issue

Driver from Dlink was worked OSX Snow Leo on my Acer Laptop. For after installation setting, from what I remember, I used atheros/ ralink and some readme tutorial from downloaded wi-fire brand adapter driver or something.

The Dlink Prefpane icon will show up and i have to add this device manualy to network preference as new ethernet device.

I scan and log in to my WEP net from dlink app and then I saved my network to dlink profile...

From my experience after rebooting OSX, if I plug this device to my laptop, Dlink 125 will automatically scan and login to saved profile network.

• 4 weeks later...

Okey here is what I did.

Installed the drivers for the adapter from http://www.dlink.co.id/support/ choose dwa-125.

I have the dwa-125 v2.

Rebooted my laptop

Then i downloaded the USB(RT2870 /RT2770 /RT307X /RT2070 /RT3572) from http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=3

Installed it and rebooted

Then booted back into os x and inserted the adapter

Ralkinktech utility showed and i connected to the internet.

Working fine for the past 3 hours :P

• 1 year later...

I know this is old, but in case some else is searching I can save some hair pulling.

>Installed it and rebooted

That is the key! Install the driver then plug in the dwa-125

I deleted Extensions.mkext a dozen time, removed the ethernet card driver, searched the internet, etc before I finally noticed that one line on this one post.