iLenovo G550

178 posts in this topic

Have you removed the applehda.kext file after update! if not do that and reboot the OSX partition with -F command

worked perfectly!sound works again!the only problem left is the post yesterday,Can you give me an answer please

?Thank you very much! :)

I succed to install snow leopard and all works perfectly but when the computer starts and after I select the leopard partition displays the following message(I have attached a photo).After I press any key system is loaded and everything is ok.which may be the problem?I mention that I copied only the files from the preboot.dmg to extra folder of snow leopard partition and I replaced the dsdt.aml with version for my video card(nvidia 210m).should copy all folder from the extra folder of cd boot including preboot.dmg?sorry for my English!

No you have done it right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Need Help!

i've been trying to updated to 10.6.5

my G105 seems fail to be recognized when i not using -f -v command,

i've trying to modify boot.plist or else but there's no chance to solve it

mac seems to be booting. but the screen was halted. i can log in to OS (but screen still halted on the apple booting screen - i see from my hardisk activity and i can shut down using power button+enter)

please :wacko:

Yes do a save way of using software update, make sure you remove the applehda.kext file and repair permissions after reboot

:) sorry, i've just trying again using my 10.6.4 recovery, and its works!! all using your bootcd-kext!!

i noticed that updating 10.6.5 in 64bit mode is not good idea :)

so the solution for me are, enter the safemode, update, remove useless kext, and repair permission :(

now im still check the update result make a normal environment like 10.6.4 or not

p.s : i've try to solve cpu throttling control, and no result there, because some program like cpu-x detect that my t6500 doesnt show throttle activity. were your t6600 throttled normally as in windows?

have you used Nvidia drivers for it ?

I have some problems here. I put boot loader, after that Mac OsX 10.6.3 Retail DVD, installation starts loading, and after one min, just before first screen comes, display goes black and nothing happens :( Anyone expirienced something similar?

Thanks in advance...

Edit: I used -f -v -x now, and it seems to be working....I'll let you know about results when I finish everything ;)

Edit: Ok guys, here is the situation :) After a lot of shots, I managed to do dual boot mode, but I have some issues, so any help would be really appriciated:

1. I cant get CHAMELON to work, i still need to use CD to boot :(

2. I have problem with RESTART, when I hit it, screen just go black, and it wont restart

3. I installed script for AirportMode, but I dont know how to activate wifi now

4. Resolution is OK, but when I go to system info, for graphic card it says UNKNOWN, but it says 512MB ram, etc...I have 105M. Is that an issue?

5. I installed VoodooPS2 but my touchpad still not working, I have to use USB mouse

Thanks in advance ;)

Number 4 is a common issue mine says that. Number 1 download from the insanelymac website the lastest chamelon boot loader the packaged version. Number 3 make sure your using a Broadcom Wifi card if your using intel forget it replace the card with a Airport Extreme Broadcom Wifi card. Number 2 should be fixed with new bootloader.

Hope that helps

First of all thanks for the great work!

I have some questions, though.

Is the DSDT.aml from the Boot CD for the 210M the newest one with all the fixes? If not could somebody please post a link to it?

Another question concerning the speed stepping: I'm currently on 10.6.3 and it doesn't seem to work. VoodooMonitor shows always the highest frequency and voltage, the temperature is at 45°C when idle, so not too bad though.

The 10.6.5 update isn't working so I should go for 10.6.4 and see if something changes, right?

I only have the AppleACPIPS2Nub, fakesmc and PlatformUUID kexts in my Extra folder and removed the Preboot.dmg. In S/L/E I have VoodooHDA, VoodooSDHC and VoodooMonitor. Is that OK?

Except of the speed stepping everything seems to work, including sleep and webcam. I'm going to replace the Intel wifi with a broadcom one soon so that I finally have internet on this beautiful machine.

the files in extras are wrong, your not ment to nick the files from the preboot.img! The files you need are in the Extra/ folder copy containts of that to your Extra folder in your SL install and remove the preboot.img file after.

The DSDT are in the folder DSDT on the CD pick the one you need and place that to the /Extras folder.

So remove the .kext files you have ATM in the extras folder and do the above.

Now in the Ultilites folder should be k7Helper use that and install the VoodooPS2Controller.kext via K7Helper then do a Disk Ultility Repair Permissions and it should work. I am working on a updated DSDT that should work on all Lenovo G550's thats the 105M 210M and X4500 versions so please bare with me.

Stuff in S/L/E is correct apart from your missing voodoops2controller.kext LOL

Hello everybody! At first happy new year and thanks for the greate work that you've done.

I've installed the MacOS X (10.6.3) at my Lenovo G550 with video card intel GMA4500.

Now I have 90% working Hackintosh.

1. What kext I need to install to show properly my battery status (Now it's showing that battery always charge).

2. What kext I need to install to enable my webcam?

3. Also it would be greate if there is some solution for lan card.

regards

Artyom