iLenovo G550

Hacktrix2006

10 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Some updates to help people out. I'm in the middle of doing this on my G550..

From the dual-boot section

4) Now Close Disk Utillites and open Terminal.

5) Type into terminal fdisk -e /dev/disk0.

fdisk -e /dev/disk0 .. once at the fdisk> prompt type "pr" to show the partition table.

The partition that is the windows partition you want to activate, so you'll type "f #" where # = the number of the windows partition. NOT the F3 key.

From there, type U to update the table on its own line

Then W to write it, then Q to quit fdisk.

Because I wasn't able to get the local keyboard/mouse to work with 10.6 I went with an older copy of Kalyway I had (10.5.2.) -- this works pretty well. Out of the box sound worked. On the initial boot I had to boot single user, disable the Setup Assistant, manually enable root, but after that everything was fine. I then added the broadcom script (referenced in the above posts) to get network going.

My G550 has the Intel graphics and NOT the nVidia. I'm using the info here to get native resolution, but no QE or anything:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=173338

The mouse issue i did have but did you load the system with -F to inject the kexts from extras to the extensions cache?

All thats needed now is a working Trackpad with the Click and scroll like it has now but not the sesitivety problem and a Patched DSDT to make all the stuff to make the OSX install run without all the kexts to make it more future proof.

Even after the BIOS update and re-running kakewalk and the 10.6 install I need to use an external USB keyboard and mouse to do anything. Did you run into this at all?

I have found that if you boot mac in -v mode mouse will work and i'm working on that to fix it. Also if you could send the Patched X4500 if you have found any i can then add this to the boot CD.

Because I wasn't able to get the local keyboard/mouse to work with 10.6 I went with an older copy of Kalyway I had (10.5.2.) -- this works pretty well. Out of the box sound worked. On the initial boot I had to boot single user, disable the Setup Assistant, manually enable root, but after that everything was fine. I then added the broadcom script (referenced in the above posts) to get network going.

My G550 has the Intel graphics and NOT the nVidia. I'm using the info here to get native resolution, but no QE or anything:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=173338

Katz if you could PM me the files for the X4500 i'll include them into the BootCD. I have also go the mouse to work with click just trying to get the sound to work in the /e/e folder and not the /s/l/e folder once that is done and i can get a decent DSDT.AML for both types made i can then make the boot CD.

The Lenovo G550 i have i have found that it has a X3100 Intel card in it although the Chipset states it will be infact a X4500 so our DSDT.AML file should be the same.

I'll be making some tries at the dsdt file tonight to see if i can get most of the stuff working without all the kext files as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, I completely missed the boat in getting you info to get things running. I'm going to try again with Lion on this thing. I had to go back to Windows on here for various reasons, but now I can play all I want.