• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

numberonekiwi

numberonekiwi

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

someone on the forum (cant remember who - sorry, whoever you are) suggested that if the only requirement of meeting the EULA on Mac OS X is that it must be installed 'on apple hardware', well what about installing it onto an iPod connected to a hackintosh laptop or desktop? technically you have installed it on apple branded hardware....

i wonder how that would stand up in court?

Would it not then be possible to simply buy a hard drive from apple and install the OS onto that a bit like Getting an OEM version of Windows....I see apple selling huge amounts of hard drives

bwhsh8r

bwhsh8r

InsanelyMac Deity

• Gurus
  • 2,085 posts

This thread's got some humor... I will give it that.

It's also got some anger and malice though that I am sad to see around here.

What's with the hatred of Apple?

I don't love Apple. I don't hate Apple. I like products. I like Apple products. The company I am indifferent to.

My point is guys... creating ill will with Apple with pranks like this... further alienates us.

I'll shut up now.

Mash... I want to see that skit done up on youtube! Brilliant!

Lol, and apple brought it opon themselves... i hate apple for sure, because theyre overpriced hardware, annoying sales reps, ideotic apple "Genius Bar," and some (that i know, your cool, but not some of them) apple users who are so full of themselves that i want to wipe theyre harddrive so that they do not know how to repair it (most of the mac users i know are ether graphics pros, or complete idiots :whistle: im sorry, but apple brought it opon themselves... thats why i chose not to use apple products (cept my ipod witch is always broken, ps the 5g video is still working, theyve fixed teh reliability problem i think... ) or support apple...

max

iDerf2006

iDerf2006

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Lol, and apple brought it opon themselves... i hate apple for sure, because theyre overpriced hardware, annoying sales reps, ideotic apple "Genius Bar," and some (that i know, your cool, but not some of them) apple users who are so full of themselves that i want to wipe theyre harddrive so that they do not know how to repair it (most of the mac users i know are ether graphics pros, or complete idiots :whistle: im sorry, but apple brought it opon themselves... thats why i chose not to use apple products (cept my ipod witch is always broken, ps the 5g video is still working, theyve fixed teh reliability problem i think... ) or support apple...
max

...and this is coming from the man who can not spell "their", "they've", ""upon"?

Also, have you watched the Apple Keynote? The only apple product I can reasonably call Over-Priced is their displays. Their computers are all very very well priced. Compare the Mac Pro to that Dell, that was a huge price difference, for the same basic machine. Oh, wait, there were TWO Xeons in the Mac Pro, with one in the Dell... quite the better deal.

Think before you post. Apple is reasonably priced, and makes excellent products. (My iPod has never had one single flaw, my Mac mini had a defective hard drive which they replaced, and my MacBook Pro after being sent back once, is now whine-free and problem-free.

...oh, yeah, and they haven't exploded.

Pee-Cee fan boys are just as obnoxious as us Apple fan boys.

Mebster

Mebster

Why So Ridiculous?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts

...and this is coming from the man who can not spell "their", "they've", ""upon"?

Also, have you watched the Apple Keynote? The only apple product I can reasonably call Over-Priced is their displays. Their computers are all very very well priced. Compare the Mac Pro to that Dell, that was a huge price difference, for the same basic machine. Oh, wait, there were TWO Xeons in the Mac Pro, with one in the Dell... quite the better deal.

Think before you post. Apple is reasonably priced, and makes excellent products. (My iPod has never had one single flaw, my Mac mini had a defective hard drive which they replaced, and my MacBook Pro after being sent back once, is now whine-free and problem-free.

...oh, yeah, and they haven't exploded.
Pee-Cee fan boys are just as obnoxious as us Apple fan boys.

What a load of rubbish. Are you visiting a different apple store to the one i am. Is their another cheaper apple site to apple.com?

Let me use the ipod for one example. Marjorly overpriced. Yes it is colour and yes it can do video. Who cares. I want an MP3 PLAYER. Not a multimedia system. Even before they added all this rubbish it was still overpriced. You could get a Sony for 25% or more less.
I worked part time in a retail store and the most number of returns we had were for ipod. OK I admit, yes we sold more ipod than other mp3 players but the number of returns were disproportionate. We just started saying... "you got a problems with you ipod. Not surprised. Buy a sony... or anything else".

I think this is the anger rogabean was talking about. And not Im showing sign of it too.

killbot1000

killbot1000

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

What a load of rubbish. Are you visiting a different apple store to the one i am. Is their another cheaper apple site to apple.com?

Let me use the ipod for one example. Marjory overpriced. Yes it is colour and yes it can do video. Who cares. I want an MP3 PLAYER. Not a multimedia system. Even before they added all this rubbish it was still overpriced. You could get a Sony for 25% or more less.
I worked part time in a retail store and the most number of returns we had were for ipod. OK I admit, yes we sold more ipod than other mp3 players but the number of returns were disproportionate. We just started saying... "you got a problems with you ipod. Not surprised. Buy a sony... or anything else".

I think this is the anger rogabean was talking about. And not Im showing sign of it too.

What I find funniest of all are the macbooks, the black one is 200 dollars more...why? Because its black, what an overpriced piece of {censored}...

Mebster

Mebster

Why So Ridiculous?

• Members
  • 2,300 posts
If you think that's funny then watch this. And you would the pay the extra, if you felt like a White MacBook.
Black MacBooks

Also found these (not bad):
Apple Switch Parody
Apple Switch Parody (games)

OryHara

OryHara

Mad as Hell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Interests:War is Peace.<br />Freedom is Slavery.<br />Ignorance is Strength.<br />...

bwhsh8r, man you got to have bad luck. I have had no problems with iPods. Weird.

My Nano now runs Linux, it actually runs better. :) But it won't sleep. ;)

bwhsh8r

bwhsh8r

InsanelyMac Deity

• Gurus
  • 2,085 posts

My Nano now runs Linux, it actually runs better. :) But it won't sleep. :D

Yea, my dad got a 5g and it has had no problems yet, i think that they have worked out the reliability issue and i have run linux on it and doom too (have you done that yet, its quite fun, ill post a link asap), and addressing a prior post, i spell bad because i twitch, and i dont pay attention, and also, im 16, i was rased in the "office" erra, my spelling sucks, thats why office has spell check, and that does not disprove my theory that seems to be widely beleved and proved...that apples are in fact overpriced, althoug i beleve the notebooks (or laptops if you prefer to call them that) are a little bit closer in the comparison value wise, but the desktops have a horrible deficit between hardware costs and msrp... along with the ipods, because they can and people still buy them...

thank you

max

oh and ps, nice vids aceplayer, i like em, im going to format them for the ipod video, if anyone wants a copy pm me... :D

OryHara

OryHara

Mad as Hell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Interests:War is Peace.<br />Freedom is Slavery.<br />Ignorance is Strength.<br />...

Yea, my dad got a 5g and it has had no problems yet, i think that they have worked out the reliability issue and i have run linux on it and doom too (have you done that yet, its quite fun, ill post a link asap),

Na, not yet, gotta erase some songs on it first. Its a 1gig. Ive got some software loaded on it, but nothing of importance. Im gonna attempt doom in a few days though. I usually restrict my wedsday night to hardware hacking & software development, so I should have a chance to try it then.

bwhsh8r

bwhsh8r

InsanelyMac Deity

• Gurus
  • 2,085 posts

Na, not yet, gotta erase some songs on it first. Its a 1gig. Ive got some software loaded on it, but nothing of importance. Im gonna attempt doom in a few days though. I usually restrict my wedsday night to hardware hacking & software development, so I should have a chance to try it then.

nice, it shouldnt be hard, i never really messeed with the linux, what kind of software is available and is it worth the space? and responding more to that guy who responded to me, i dont like dell ether... and that is funny... and i agree that pc fanboys can be just as obnoxious... but most i know are quite suble, and dont roll with that...enjoy your mac and im glad that i do not own one myself...
thanks

max

Edit: OryHaraor, sorry, that stuff was not aimed at you after the is it wort the space, i was reading over it and it can easially sound like it was, i was talking to that guy way up tho, sorry if you thought i was insulting you as it was my error... thanks

iDerf2006

iDerf2006

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Let me use the ipod for one example. Marjory overpriced. Yes it is colour and yes it can do video. Who cares. I want an MP3 PLAYER. Not a multimedia system. Even before they added all this rubbish it was still overpriced. You could get a Sony for 25% or more less.

The only person I know who have had iPod problems was my gal pal, and she dropped it and stepped on it and stuff.

iPods are reasonably priced. You get more for your buck, and get what you pay for. Another example please. :thumbsdown_anim:

bwhsh8r

bwhsh8r

InsanelyMac Deity

• Gurus
  • 2,085 posts

The only person I know who have had iPod problems was my gal pal, and she dropped it and stepped on it and stuff.

iPods are reasonably priced. You get more for your buck, and get what you pay for. Another example please. ;)

ive never even scratched my ipod because im anal about it.... but the referb that i got under warenty has been running pritty well, and i guess im just having bad luck with ipods..... oh, and on a side note, youd like go pod, it unlocks your ipods firmware to make it louder... http://gopod.free-go.net/

max

Pu7o

Pu7o

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 351 posts

Thread cleaned for unneeded political discussion. Keep it in Real Life, guys, or take it to the Thunderdome.

gwprod12 - Hilarious convo. I'd like to go to sit a hackintosh laptop next to a MacBook and play with the Apple speech app:

Hi, I'm a Mac.

...and I'm a Mac.

Wait a minute, you're not a Mac.

Sure I am - see? Aqua?

But you have an Intel motherboard!

So do you.

Good point. But I can do cool digital media things with the iLife suite.

Me too.

Well I can do Windows, spreadsheets...

...yeah, me too. We're the same, remember?

Oh yeah... so how much did you cost?

- Anyone wants to try to animate this? :pirate2:

U.C.

U.C.

The Leopard Roars

• Members
  • 2,080 posts
  • Interests:Everything Apple, Computers, Movies
Most iPod problems I have seen are in Nanos and Videos and all because the battery runs out. But the moment you open it and connect the battery to any 4V source for an hour, it starts working. Shuffles get spoilt if you use then as a memstick.

Otherwise I have two 3G and not a single problem. Most iPod problems can be fixed with a Restore from a Mac or equivalent :P.

I repair iPods a lot, coz the nearest service centre is kinda far off and people dont wanna wait for two weeks. So they forward them to me, which are fixed for a nominal price.

Mash an OSX t-Shirt would be awesome, but if someone designs a sweet logo, i could print onto my T-Shirt. BTW do u still get those Iron ON papers????

Zman21295

Zman21295

MY NAME IS ZACK!!! HEHE

• Donators
  • 143 posts

Let me use the ipod for one example. Marjorly overpriced. Yes it is colour and yes it can do video. Who cares. I want an MP3 PLAYER. Not a multimedia system. Even before they added all this rubbish it was still overpriced. You could get a Sony for 25% or more less.

I think this is the anger rogabean was talking about. And not I�m showing sign of it too.

Apple Products are also Designed and Built in California, with quality materials. Macs cost more because they are manufactured by people with good paying jobs in the USA, meaning, it costs apple more to make them,

So really, HP, Dell, Toshiba.... They are all rip offs, because they profit more.

Pigpoo

Pigpoo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I've actually been thinking about doing this for a while now... One problem is that my Compaq laptop is non-functioning now and my current build is too big to setup to outside my local Apple Store.

Although, it still would be entertaining and worth while in my opinion. =D

dpollard55

dpollard55

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Here's a youtube video I found. They take their Hack to Best Buy, then at the end the Apple Store. Hackintosh Support.

sevenxbb

sevenxbb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Apple Products are also Designed and Built in California, with quality materials. Macs cost more because they are manufactured by people with good paying jobs in the USA, meaning, it costs apple more to make them,

So really, HP, Dell, Toshiba.... They are all rip offs, because they profit more.

You're kidding right? Iphones are made at Foxconn in china for about $7. Workers there are so unhappy they jump to their deaths from the upper floors on a regular basis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy