Hackingtosh Visits Apple Store?

Mebster

58 posts in this topic

What a load of rubbish. Are you visiting a different apple store to the one i am. Is their another cheaper apple site to apple.com?

Let me use the ipod for one example. Marjory overpriced. Yes it is colour and yes it can do video. Who cares. I want an MP3 PLAYER. Not a multimedia system. Even before they added all this rubbish it was still overpriced. You could get a Sony for 25% or more less.

I worked part time in a retail store and the most number of returns we had were for ipod. OK I admit, yes we sold more ipod than other mp3 players but the number of returns were disproportionate. We just started saying... "you got a problems with you ipod. Not surprised. Buy a sony... or anything else".

I think this is the anger rogabean was talking about. And not I’m showing sign of it too.

The only person I know who have had iPod problems was my gal pal, and she dropped it and stepped on it and stuff.

iPods are reasonably priced. You get more for your buck, and get what you pay for. Another example please. :thumbsdown_anim:

The only person I know who have had iPod problems was my gal pal, and she dropped it and stepped on it and stuff.

iPods are reasonably priced. You get more for your buck, and get what you pay for. Another example please. ;)

ive never even scratched my ipod because im anal about it.... but the referb that i got under warenty has been running pritty well, and i guess im just having bad luck with ipods..... oh, and on a side note, youd like go pod, it unlocks your ipods firmware to make it louder... http://gopod.free-go.net/

max

Thread cleaned for unneeded political discussion. Keep it in Real Life, guys, or take it to the Thunderdome.

gwprod12 - Hilarious convo. I'd like to go to sit a hackintosh laptop next to a MacBook and play with the Apple speech app:

Hi, I'm a Mac.

...and I'm a Mac.

Wait a minute, you're not a Mac.

Sure I am - see? Aqua?

But you have an Intel motherboard!

So do you.

Good point. But I can do cool digital media things with the iLife suite.

Me too.

Well I can do Windows, spreadsheets...

...yeah, me too. We're the same, remember?

Oh yeah... so how much did you cost?

http://kernel.ws/~puto/ad.mp3 - Anyone wants to try to animate this?  :pirate2:

Most iPod problems I have seen are in Nanos and Videos and all because the battery runs out. But the moment you open it and connect the battery to any 4V source for an hour, it starts working. Shuffles get spoilt if you use then as a memstick.

Otherwise I have two 3G and not a single problem. Most iPod problems can be fixed with a Restore from a Mac or equivalent :P.

I repair iPods a lot, coz the nearest service centre is kinda far off and people dont wanna wait for two weeks. So they forward them to me, which are fixed for a nominal price.

Mash an OSX t-Shirt would be awesome, but if someone designs a sweet logo, i could print onto my T-Shirt. BTW do u still get those Iron ON papers????

• 4 years later...
What a load of rubbish. Are you visiting a different apple store to the one i am. Is their another cheaper apple site to apple.com?

Let me use the ipod for one example. Marjorly overpriced. Yes it is colour and yes it can do video. Who cares. I want an MP3 PLAYER. Not a multimedia system. Even before they added all this rubbish it was still overpriced. You could get a Sony for 25% or more less.

I worked part time in a retail store and the most number of returns we had were for ipod. OK I admit, yes we sold more ipod than other mp3 players but the number of returns were disproportionate. We just started saying... "you got a problems with you ipod. Not surprised. Buy a sony... or anything else".

I think this is the anger rogabean was talking about. And not I�m showing sign of it too.

Apple Products are also Designed and Built in California, with quality materials. Macs cost more because they are manufactured by people with good paying jobs in the USA, meaning, it costs apple more to make them,

So really, HP, Dell, Toshiba.... They are all rip offs, because they profit more.

• 2 weeks later...

I've actually been thinking about doing this for a while now... One problem is that my Compaq laptop is non-functioning now and my current build is too big to setup to outside my local Apple Store.

Although, it still would be entertaining and worth while in my opinion. =D

Apple Products are also Designed and Built in California, with quality materials. Macs cost more because they are manufactured by people with good paying jobs in the USA, meaning, it costs apple more to make them,

So really, HP, Dell, Toshiba.... They are all rip offs, because they profit more.

You're kidding right? Iphones are made at Foxconn in china for about $7. Workers there are so unhappy they jump to their deaths from the upper floors on a regular basis.