Hackingtosh Visits Apple Store?

Mebster

58 posts in this topic

Somebody should try taking a regular desktop PC in with OS X, and ask for help. When they say it's a PC you tell them you dropped your powermac case and it broke, so you used a PC case. If they open it up just tell them that the PowerMac motherboard broke too so you bought a new one, realized that the CPU wouldn't run with it and bought an Intel CPU, etc etc etc. See how long you can go untill the tech guy comes to the conclusion that it was never a powermac with replaced components.

That's a clever plan. Except, what you need to add is the "uh" factor.

Hi, my mac broke

That's a PC case.

Yah, my brother in law fixed my computer for me, he said it needed a new case.

The motherboard in here is an Intel motherboard

Is that good?

No, this is the Apple store.

Yes, this is a mac.

It's a PC.

Really? I thought it was a mac.

(turns it on)

See? Mac

No, this is an illegal mac clone.

Clone?

Yes, a clone.

I thought cloning only worked on frogs and sheep.

No, not a real clone. It's a fake clone of a real Macintosh computer.

Is that good?

No, it's bad.

Can you fix it?

No, I cant.

So it's okay?

No, it's broken

That's bad. Why cant you fix it?

Because it's not a mac.

Yes it is, see? (points to Mac OS)

Sir, this is the Apple store. What you've brought in is an illegal mac clone.

So I should go to the Illegal Apple Clone Store? Can they fix it?

etc and so forth.

Thread cleaned for unneeded political discussion. Keep it in Real Life, guys, or take it to the Thunderdome.

gwprod12 - Hilarious convo. I'd like to go to sit a hackintosh laptop next to a MacBook and play with the Apple speech app:

Hi, I'm a Mac.

...and I'm a Mac.

Wait a minute, you're not a Mac.

Sure I am - see? Aqua?

But you have an Intel motherboard!

So do you.

Good point. But I can do cool digital media things with the iLife suite.

Me too.

Well I can do Windows, spreadsheets...

...yeah, me too. We're the same, remember?

Oh yeah... so how much did you cost?

Thread cleaned for unneeded political discussion. Keep it in Real Life, guys, or take it to the Thunderdome.

gwprod12 - Hilarious convo. I'd like to go to sit a hackintosh laptop next to a MacBook and play with the Apple speech app:

Hi, I'm a Mac.

...and I'm a Mac.

Wait a minute, you're not a Mac.

Sure I am - see? Aqua?

But you have an Intel motherboard!

So do you.

Good point. But I can do cool digital media things with the iLife suite.

Me too.

Well I can do Windows, spreadsheets...

...yeah, me too. We're the same, remember?

Oh yeah... so how much did you cost?

:):ihw_wow::ihw_wow::yoji::hysterical::hysterical:

I love it when people like you come on here and run their mouth and flame, really not knowing what you are saying. hah! :) I would gladly make me an OSX86 T shirt and go to an Apple store if I had one where I live. Why? To get the info to the Mac community and maybe hit Jobs in the pocket and MAYBE make him rethink the whole OSX on Macs only.

bwhsh8r, man you got to have bad luck. I have had no problems with iPods. Weird.

Yea its pritty abd, but the newer gen ipods seem to be much better.... the video 60 hasnt broken.... i am not sure if the shuffle is broken ne more, i didnt really take a look at it, but i havnt taken it in because my mon never uses it so she hasnt bothered yet. Oh, and get go pod, it unlocks your ipods firmware to make it louder, and thanks to you and AcePlayer for having my back with that guy, he just poped out of nowhere.... annoying... i hate flamers.

max

gwprod12 & Mash

:blink: jokes

Max, anytime dude. He was just some guy who probabily couldn't get OSX installed on his PC. And you're right he did pop out of no where. What really annoyed me was that the topic was becoming quiet funny. Then he droped an unwelcomed bombshell.

Anyway sorted :D

gwprod12 & Mash

;) jokes

Max, anytime dude. He was just some guy who probabily couldn't get OSX installed on his PC. And you're right he did pop out of no where. What really annoyed me was that the topic was becoming quiet funny. Then he droped an unwelcomed bombshell.

Anyway sorted :)

Yea man.... thats true... and not being able to get it installed is still no excuse, cause i cant get installed because it doesnt like my radeon xpress 200 chipset or my sata drive and that doesnt make me a {censored}, it just makes me osx86 less and as such i cant provide help in that thread... good topic tho... and thanks

max

someone on the forum (cant remember who - sorry, whoever you are) suggested that if the only requirement of meeting the EULA on Mac OS X is that it must be installed 'on apple hardware', well what about installing it onto an iPod connected to a hackintosh laptop or desktop? technically you have installed it on apple branded hardware....

i wonder how that would stand up in court? :D

someone on the forum (cant remember who - sorry, whoever you are) suggested that if the only requirement of meeting the EULA on Mac OS X is that it must be installed 'on apple hardware', well what about installing it onto an iPod connected to a hackintosh laptop or desktop? technically you have installed it on apple branded hardware....

i wonder how that would stand up in court? :idea:

Hmmmm.... ill have to read the eula but i think that that might just work.... hmm.... ill get back to you on that...

max

I have an idea....I dont have an apple store here but can any of you guys make a video of going into an apple store with a hackintosh or wearing a OSX86 tshirt? We can put it on you tube and just might be the most popular online video. I mean such stupid videos are comming up on yahoo homepage for being popular like those golden fishes dancing and all that stupid stuff.

We can put the video on youtube...all of us will enjoy...

Oh and wait I always had this idea of an advertisement for OSX86....

A MACBOOK $599

AN iMAC WITH INBUILT iSIGHT $1299

MACBOOK PRO WITH A GORGEOUS SCREEN $1999

THE LOOK ON AN APPLE EMPLOYEES FACE AFTER SEEING OSX ON A NON-MAC HARDWARE.......PRICELESS

THERE ARE SOMETHINGS MONEY CANT BUY.....FOR EVERYTHING ELSE THERE IS MASTERCARD......

BUT THEN WHY USE IT WHEN YOU CAN GET THE MAC EXPEREINCE FOR FREE!

we can make the advertisement and we can use the video of the apple store when the part "LOOK ON AN APPLE EMPLOYEES FACE AFTER SEEING OSX ON A NON-MAC HARDWARE" comes up. Cool idea huh?

And oh yea....it would be a good idea to have a hidden camera..just to be safe. Tell me what do u think

Earthling

This thread's got some humor... I will give it that.

It's also got some anger and malice though that I am sad to see around here.

What's with the hatred of Apple?

I don't love Apple. I don't hate Apple. I like products. I like Apple products. The company I am indifferent to.

My point is guys... creating ill will with Apple with pranks like this... further alienates us.

I'll shut up now.

Mash... I want to see that skit done up on youtube! Brilliant!

i wonder how that would stand up in court?

Would it not then be possible to simply buy a hard drive from apple and install the OS onto that a bit like Getting an OEM version of Windows....I see apple selling huge amounts of hard drives

This thread's got some humor... I will give it that.

It's also got some anger and malice though that I am sad to see around here.

What's with the hatred of Apple?

I don't love Apple. I don't hate Apple. I like products. I like Apple products. The company I am indifferent to.

My point is guys... creating ill will with Apple with pranks like this... further alienates us.

I'll shut up now.

Mash... I want to see that skit done up on youtube! Brilliant!

Lol, and apple brought it opon themselves... i hate apple for sure, because theyre overpriced hardware, annoying sales reps, ideotic apple "Genius Bar," and some (that i know, your cool, but not some of them) apple users who are so full of themselves that i want to wipe theyre harddrive so that they do not know how to repair it (most of the mac users i know are ether graphics pros, or complete idiots :whistle: im sorry, but apple brought it opon themselves... thats why i chose not to use apple products (cept my ipod witch is always broken, ps the 5g video is still working, theyve fixed teh reliability problem i think... ) or support apple...

max

Lol, and apple brought it opon themselves... i hate apple for sure, because theyre overpriced hardware, annoying sales reps, ideotic apple "Genius Bar," and some (that i know, your cool, but not some of them) apple users who are so full of themselves that i want to wipe theyre harddrive so that they do not know how to repair it (most of the mac users i know are ether graphics pros, or complete idiots :whistle: im sorry, but apple brought it opon themselves... thats why i chose not to use apple products (cept my ipod witch is always broken, ps the 5g video is still working, theyve fixed teh reliability problem i think... ) or support apple...

max

...and this is coming from the man who can not spell "their", "they've", ""upon"?

Also, have you watched the Apple Keynote? The only apple product I can reasonably call Over-Priced is their displays. Their computers are all very very well priced. Compare the Mac Pro to that Dell, that was a huge price difference, for the same basic machine. Oh, wait, there were TWO Xeons in the Mac Pro, with one in the Dell... quite the better deal.

Think before you post. Apple is reasonably priced, and makes excellent products. (My iPod has never had one single flaw, my Mac mini had a defective hard drive which they replaced, and my MacBook Pro after being sent back once, is now whine-free and problem-free.

...oh, yeah, and they haven't exploded.

Pee-Cee fan boys are just as obnoxious as us Apple fan boys.

...and this is coming from the man who can not spell "their", "they've", ""upon"?

Also, have you watched the Apple Keynote? The only apple product I can reasonably call Over-Priced is their displays. Their computers are all very very well priced. Compare the Mac Pro to that Dell, that was a huge price difference, for the same basic machine. Oh, wait, there were TWO Xeons in the Mac Pro, with one in the Dell... quite the better deal.

Think before you post. Apple is reasonably priced, and makes excellent products. (My iPod has never had one single flaw, my Mac mini had a defective hard drive which they replaced, and my MacBook Pro after being sent back once, is now whine-free and problem-free.

...oh, yeah, and they haven't exploded.

Pee-Cee fan boys are just as obnoxious as us Apple fan boys.

What a load of rubbish. Are you visiting a different apple store to the one i am. Is their another cheaper apple site to apple.com?

Let me use the ipod for one example. Marjorly overpriced. Yes it is colour and yes it can do video. Who cares. I want an MP3 PLAYER. Not a multimedia system. Even before they added all this rubbish it was still overpriced. You could get a Sony for 25% or more less.

I worked part time in a retail store and the most number of returns we had were for ipod. OK I admit, yes we sold more ipod than other mp3 players but the number of returns were disproportionate. We just started saying... "you got a problems with you ipod. Not surprised. Buy a sony... or anything else".

I think this is the anger rogabean was talking about. And not I’m showing sign of it too.

What a load of rubbish. Are you visiting a different apple store to the one i am. Is their another cheaper apple site to apple.com?

Let me use the ipod for one example. Marjory overpriced. Yes it is colour and yes it can do video. Who cares. I want an MP3 PLAYER. Not a multimedia system. Even before they added all this rubbish it was still overpriced. You could get a Sony for 25% or more less.

I worked part time in a retail store and the most number of returns we had were for ipod. OK I admit, yes we sold more ipod than other mp3 players but the number of returns were disproportionate. We just started saying... "you got a problems with you ipod. Not surprised. Buy a sony... or anything else".

I think this is the anger rogabean was talking about. And not I’m showing sign of it too.

What I find funniest of all are the macbooks, the black one is 200 dollars more...why? Because its black, what an overpriced piece of {censored}...

bwhsh8r, man you got to have bad luck. I have had no problems with iPods. Weird.

My Nano now runs Linux, it actually runs better. :) But it won't sleep. ;)

My Nano now runs Linux, it actually runs better. :) But it won't sleep. :D

Yea, my dad got a 5g and it has had no problems yet, i think that they have worked out the reliability issue and i have run linux on it and doom too (have you done that yet, its quite fun, ill post a link asap), and addressing a prior post, i spell bad because i twitch, and i dont pay attention, and also, im 16, i was rased in the "office" erra, my spelling sucks, thats why office has spell check, and that does not disprove my theory that seems to be widely beleved and proved...that apples are in fact overpriced, althoug i beleve the notebooks (or laptops if you prefer to call them that) are a little bit closer in the comparison value wise, but the desktops have a horrible deficit between hardware costs and msrp... along with the ipods, because they can and people still buy them...

thank you

max

oh and ps, nice vids aceplayer, i like em, im going to format them for the ipod video, if anyone wants a copy pm me... :D

Yea, my dad got a 5g and it has had no problems yet, i think that they have worked out the reliability issue and i have run linux on it and doom too (have you done that yet, its quite fun, ill post a link asap),

Na, not yet, gotta erase some songs on it first. Its a 1gig. Ive got some software loaded on it, but nothing of importance. Im gonna attempt doom in a few days though. I usually restrict my wedsday night to hardware hacking & software development, so I should have a chance to try it then.

Na, not yet, gotta erase some songs on it first. Its a 1gig. Ive got some software loaded on it, but nothing of importance. Im gonna attempt doom in a few days though. I usually restrict my wedsday night to hardware hacking & software development, so I should have a chance to try it then.

nice, it shouldnt be hard, i never really messeed with the linux, what kind of software is available and is it worth the space? and responding more to that guy who responded to me, i dont like dell ether... and that is funny... and i agree that pc fanboys can be just as obnoxious... but most i know are quite suble, and dont roll with that...enjoy your mac and im glad that i do not own one myself...

thanks

max

Edit: OryHaraor, sorry, that stuff was not aimed at you after the is it wort the space, i was reading over it and it can easially sound like it was, i was talking to that guy way up tho, sorry if you thought i was insulting you as it was my error... thanks