HP G62T and nVidia Ion 2

5 posts in this topic

I searched a bit on google and nothing popped up on google, so I wanted to see if anyone knew about the compatibility for a full hackintosh of snow leopard on these two things.

One I am looking into a HP G62T laptop. It has a i3 2.13ghz processor. Basic Intel HD Graphics (integrated with the cpu i think) Are these two compatible with the mac os x 10.6.2+?

Also, while searching around I found this really cool knock off of a macbook pro. It basically has netbook hardware with...

CPU: N450/D510 + ION2

Motherboard Chipset: NM10 + ION2

Chassis: Full-body aluminum-magnesium alloy

Memory: 1GB-2GB DDR2

Hard Disk: 160-320G

Graphics: Nvidia discrete graphics card GT218 (ION2)

Screen: 14.1 inch

Resolution: 1366 X 768

Wireless LAN: Support for 802.11a/b/g wireless protocols

Camera: 1.3 million-pixel high-definition camera

Ports: USB port: 3 × USB2.0, HDMI Output, RJ45, audio input and output

Other: 4-in-1 card reader SD / MMC / MS / MS pro, Bluetooth

Weight 1.8KG

Battery: Standard 2800 milliamperes

The battery kind of sucks (i think..isnt it bad?)

So this question is if ion2 is compatible with snow leopard. I think this one is definitley a no, then would it be good to get the linux that runs and looks pretty much like a mac os x?

I'm going to research more about these laptop/netbooks...so if no one can give me much help, then i'll just keep on searching

Thanks for reading this thread

Sorry if it is in the wrong section..i commented 5 posts just to write this here

.:edit:.

well i found atleast one kext for intel hd graphics..i dont know if that means that it will work...i dont even know how to do this hackintosh thing yet..just researching on what device to use

• 6 months later...

Bump!

I, too, would love to find out some compatibility information on Ion2 (my mini-top uses D525 with NM10 - GT218 A2 Ion2) with snow leopard, or maybe even leopard...

Looking forward to install some osx love on it, and go around on my tv with boxee ;)

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hey this topic has not been updated in a while, so I thought I'd give you some information.

I recently purchased a used Asus EEE Box (It's a nettop) It came with an atom D510 pine-view dual core at 1.67GHZ with hyper-threading.

I managed to slam in not leopard, snow leopard, or lion, but Mavericks! Well It runs quite well actually. It has too an ION 2 and FYI it is a copy of the geforce 210 desktop at a slightly slower clock speed (both have GT218), so it means it is perfectly supported. The only challenge is it won't work with netbook models with ION 2, reason being that in the netbooks it has a dynamic switcher between the ION 2 discrete and gma3150 cpu integrated. Therefore since OS X is not compatible with that dynamic gnu switcher, only the GMA 3150 is enabled since it is default, and no Graphics Acceleration or anything. In the nettops such as mine it is different, since no power or battery restrictions have to be met, (It runs on a external DC power adapter) the ION 2 is default AND no such dynamic switcher was ever implemented in nettops, so the integrated gpu GMA3150 will not be used. Also my EEE Box is model EB1012P. So, on any OS X that should support a Geforce 210 the ION 2 will work too.

(i.e. QE/CI for geforce 210 means ION 2 also)