Final Cut Pro 5.0 - installed and working.

geewiZZ

123 posts in this topic

i get the same crash on load after firewire check that was happening on 10.4.3, and im using 10.4.5!

QE (Quartz Extreme) is working but i dont know what CI is....

I'm having the same problem as well, I'm running on a NVIDIA GeForce 420MX though but geewiZZ got his to work using NVIDIA chipset w/o QE and CI, so I'm not quite sure if THATS the problem. Either way, I ordered myself a Radeon 9700 Pro and see what the results comes out of.

Edit: Other programs I installed like Motion did not work either (package with Final Cut Studio 5). Though I had a problem installing it where they said the graphic card is not supported but after deleting the graphiccheck in the package, that went through but now it does not run. So I'm having second thoughts that it is graphic card as well that might be causing the crash.

I'm having the same problem as well, I'm running on a NVIDIA GeForce 420MX though but geewiZZ got his to work using NVIDIA chipset w/o QE and CI, so I'm not quite sure if THATS the problem. Either way, I ordered myself a Radeon 9700 Pro and see what the results comes out of.

Edit: Other programs I installed like Motion did not work either (package with Final Cut Studio 5). Though I had a problem installing it where they said the graphic card is not supported but after deleting the graphiccheck in the package, that went through but now it does not run. So I'm having second thoughts that it is graphic card as well that might be causing the crash.

I tested Motion 2 on here and it didn't work either. I also read that it needs the 2.0.1 update in order to work with PCI-E cards, IE mine! SO that may be the hold-up there. I think I got it to work once before on an old platform, but not with 10.4.5. It installed ok, and went to the startup screen and the template menu, but when loading the engine it went poof with a few errors. These programs are HEAVY dependent on graphics cards so I have no doubt that there lies the problem. I will look for the update, but it is 100 megs, and that's a doosy to find...

EDIT----- A day after I post that Apple comes out with the new version of the software so that it will work on the Intel-Mac software! Will post when I test it.

Just got my Radeon 9700 in the mail today... I was quite disappointed with the mouse tearing but I can live with it.. Anywho, I finally got Final Cut Pro to work properly as well, including Motion 2. I'm quite satisfied up to the point my hard drive needs a new upgrade (SCSI) if it I want to get some work done in a quicky.

Update: I'm also experiencing horrible frame rate when playbacking the audio and the frame rates were dropping like crazy as well. I wonder if it could be my hard drive, maybe I should try buying an extra 250gb storage? Thinking of getting an SATA-I. It is either that or more RAM (very important of course ^.^)

Weird, but putting back unlimited RT it plays better than safe but the frame rates still drop.

- After rendering, the audio + video playback is really really slowwwww. Before rendering, the audio plays perfectly fine except the video is slow slow slow.

I tested Motion 2 on here and it didn't work either. I also read that it needs the 2.0.1 update in order to work with PCI-E cards, IE mine! SO that may be the hold-up there. I think I got it to work once before on an old platform, but not with 10.4.5. It installed ok, and went to the startup screen and the template menu, but when loading the engine it went poof with a few errors. These programs are HEAVY dependent on graphics cards so I have no doubt that there lies the problem. I will look for the update, but it is 100 megs, and that's a doosy to find...

EDIT----- A day after I post that Apple comes out with the new version of the software so that it will work on the Intel-Mac software! Will post when I test it.

Awsome!! I'll try getting a copy and test it out as well.

Just got my Radeon 9700 in the mail today... I was quite disappointed with the mouse tearing but I can live with it.. Anywho, I finally got Final Cut Pro to work properly as well, including Motion 2. I'm quite satisfied up to the point my hard drive needs a new upgrade (SCSI) if it I want to get some work done in a quicky.

Update: I'm also experiencing horrible frame rate when playbacking the audio and the frame rates were dropping like crazy as well. I wonder if it could be my hard drive, maybe I should try buying an extra 250gb storage? Thinking of getting an SATA-I. It is either that or more RAM (very important of course ^.^)

Weird, but putting back unlimited RT it plays better than safe but the frame rates still drop.

- After rendering, the audio + video playback is really really slowwwww. Before rendering, the audio plays perfectly fine except the video is slow slow slow.

Awsome!! I'll try getting a copy and test it out as well.

Read a post I placed a while back about configuring FCP for a slower machine... trust me it's worth it. Also you got motion 2 to work? What version of OSx you on?

Read a post I placed a while back about configuring FCP for a slower machine... trust me it's worth it. Also you got motion 2 to work? What version of OSx you on?

Well I got Motion 2 to run, but when I tried loading the templates or even try creating my own, it crashes afterwards. Running on version 10.4.5.

Also I disabled the high quality scrubbing but I still get slow playback sometimes the video but mostly the audio. Frames still drops during playback.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I`ve installed final cut 5 without problems, but it crashes after the firewire check... I'm using Myz image 10.4.5 ( i've tried some 10.4.4 diferent images and same problem, 10.4.3 8f1099 don`t start the install). Itunes works and i have IC and EQ anabled. Is there any problem with the version 10.4.5 ??

i've tried all tricks i've read here...

I'm downloading the 10.4.3 8f1111 and mrklar-tiger and i'll try them...

My specs (just in case...):

Asus a8n-sli Premium (no audio, no sata, no lan) (bios 1009)

AMD 3800 x2

Ati x800 GT 256Mb

1gb ram

and some hard drives...

could it be that the program crashes because my system does not detect the built in audio (AC97 Realtek 850) ??

It would be great if someone coul explainme how to fix the audio problem too.. (i've tried almost everything...).

thank you fou ur help... and sorry if there is any spelling mistake, i'm from spain.

Hi,

I`ve installed final cut 5 without problems, but it crashes after the firewire check... I'm using Myz image 10.4.5 ( i've tried some 10.4.4 diferent images and same problem, 10.4.3 8f1099 don`t start the install). Itunes works and i have IC and EQ anabled. Is there any problem with the version 10.4.5 ??

i've tried all tricks i've read here...

I'm downloading the 10.4.3 8f1111 and mrklar-tiger and i'll try them...

My specs (just in case...):

Asus a8n-sli Premium (no audio, no sata, no lan) (bios 1009)

AMD 3800 x2

Ati x800 GT 256Mb

1gb ram

and some hard drives...

could it be that the program crashes because my system does not detect the built in audio (AC97 Realtek 850) ??

It would be great if someone coul explainme how to fix the audio problem too.. (i've tried almost everything...).

thank you fou ur help... and sorry if there is any spelling mistake, i'm from spain.

Final Cut Pro usually crashes due to non-support of QE and CI, so if you have those properly enabled, you should be ok. Are they functioning correctly?

I have not known sound to be an issue in it's loading. I tested without a sound card once and it worked. You could always just get an external USB sound card and work that way.

The biggest thing is QE and CI, you can try taking out the line of code that looks for it, but I never recomend it. That method is listed earlier on.

is there any way to know if CI & QE works properly?? in the graphics card properties it say that both are enabled. I`ve used the korverg path(or something like that) for enabling QE and CI. i've just downloaded the final cut 5.1 so i'll try it now... lets see if it works...

We should change this to 5.1 Installed and working.

Through extensive testing I have found this new version to be the greatest update for my usability of all time! It easily runs about 10 times faster than the rosetta emulated version. I was extremely surprised at the speed of the filters added onto the video. I could preview most EVERYTHING real time, even after several filters were applied. After 5 filters I was still able to preview the effect near perfect. After rendering the effect, it took a mere few seconds, rather than 15 min in the rosetta emu version.

HOWEVER! There is one downside. You cannot open Final Cut 5.1 Files in previous versions. It does a conversion to the file to make it universal, which makes it only function in the new version of FCP. So if you do a lot of cross editing between machines, make sure both systems have it ready to go.

Installation must be done with pacifist, unfortunatelly. There was a weird error when installing mine, so I went the pacifist way. But it didn't load. It would bounce once, and stop. Since I have the 5.1 upgrade version, I had to have 5.0 already installed.

So I did several things. I deleted the old version of the id located here: /Library/Application support/ProApps/

Next after I installed the program, I installed a new ProKit.framework

located here:

hxxp://rapidshare.de/files/17871261/ProKit.zip.html

I got that link from teapot116

And installed it here:

/system/library/private frameworks

And BAM! Works like a charm now.

I continue to do testing with a 80 min film, and it runs so smooth! Easily kick an old G5!

Happy Editing!

PS. I have not tested motion or DVD studio, so don't ask :(

NEW FORUM STARTED:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=15003&hl=

• 1 month later...
hi..guy... i successfully run the Final Cut Pro HD 4.5, but i just can't import and export movie, it just give me an error 'General Error'

anybody have such problem?

thanks..

4.5 has too many problems. 5.0 and above work on OSX86

†his thread should be closed, THERES no support for PRO apps under rossetta,and th universal binaries are out an are much better, mmm,, no, they are awesome. so sop using PPC pro apps and lets continue this wonderfull exploration with the Universal binaries (.1 versions of the current pro apps)

Regards

Aberracus

• 1 month later...

Hi i need some help about final cut runnin in x86

Well i've installed fcp 5 and updated to 5.1 but when i run fcp it crash. I erased the app before updating and all those stuff but i don't know what to do! if anybody can help me.. (I also have the same problem runnin Apple SHake & Modul8)

the crash report:

Date/Time: 2006-06-26 03:38:30.248 +0200

OS Version: 10.4.6 (Build 8I1119)

Report Version: 4

Command: Final Cut Pro

Path: /Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Final Cut Pro

Parent: WindowServer [128]

Rosetta: Yes

Version: 5.0 (5.0)

Build Version: 2

Project Name: FCPApp

Source Version: 504212200

PID: 261

Thread: 0

Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)

Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000000

... it's longer but i thought it was to long to be posted.

My computer:

Intel P4 630

MsI 915 Neo2 PLatinum

1Gb DDR2 533

Nvidia 6600

M-Audio Ozone(usb)

HD External USB(Maxtor 120 Gb) Os X 10.4.6 Installed

HD 250 GB Sata

Thanks Everybody, waitin for support

• 2 weeks later...
yes, i know the fix. im not at my "mac" right now, so im tellin ya off the top of my head...go to your final cut pro launch file, right click it and get inside of it. in there will be a lil text like file. right click it and open with text editer. near the top of it will be some boot lines with requirement checks..they say something like <string> <answer> --along those lines.. you;ll see one checking for your processor speed, it will say G4, one string that checks min ram (it says 512 by default)..anyhow, when you locate this list. .try deleteing the two lines that look for your agp card. just delete those lines, and save the file. (back up the file before doing any of this - just in case). . that SHOULD work. editing that same file worked to get final cut 5 workin on G3s..heha..

good luck.

I too had this problem, but like the original post. You must delete BOTH lines.

@McGio and abiffmaster,

I think you need to have a graphics adapter that supports QE and CI to be able to run FCP. And at the moment only Intel GMA900 and 950, ATI X1600 Pro, XT , some X1800 model and some older model of ATI Radeon family are supported.

HTH

• 4 weeks later...
Hi i need some help about final cut runnin in x86

Well i've installed fcp 5 and updated to 5.1 but when i run fcp it crash. I erased the app before updating and all those stuff but i don't know what to do! if anybody can help me.. (I also have the same problem runnin Apple SHake & Modul8)

the crash report:

Date/Time: 2006-06-26 03:38:30.248 +0200

OS Version: 10.4.6 (Build 8I1119)

Report Version: 4

Command: Final Cut Pro

Path: /Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Final Cut Pro

Parent: WindowServer [128]

Rosetta: Yes

Version: 5.0 (5.0)

Build Version: 2

Project Name: FCPApp

Source Version: 504212200

PID: 261

Thread: 0

Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)

Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000000

... it's longer but i thought it was to long to be posted.

My computer:

Intel P4 630

MsI 915 Neo2 PLatinum

1Gb DDR2 533

Nvidia 6600

M-Audio Ozone(usb)

HD External USB(Maxtor 120 Gb) Os X 10.4.6 Installed

HD 250 GB Sata

Thanks Everybody, waitin for support

Like he said, Nvidias are not supported with QE yet. As for this thread, it's not really active. Do a search for 5.1 and you will see our new thread.

or go here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=15003&hl=

• 3 weeks later...

i tried deleting the installation checks but it gave me an error and said i cannot perform it and do not have the rights to.

My FCP crashes at AUNetsend every single time...I have yet to be able to open it.

HELP???? :blink:

HOLY COW! Over 32,000 viewings of this post!?!? Man that's ridiculously large!

:P

Guru

Yup, Final Cut Pro is one of the most popular programs. It's only on Mac, and half the reason why some people get a mac. I know that's the case for me.

Between this post and my 5.1 forum, there are 50,000 Views! Quite a lot :) Hee hee