Final Cut Pro 5.0 - installed and working.

geewiZZ

123 posts in this topic

Hi all

I got fcp 4.5 to run on deadmoo 10.4.1 but cannot get the firewire to work. I have only the upgrade.tar for 10.4.3 and that made it unbootable for me after applying maxxuss patches.

Did any of you who got firewire capture to work have to do anything special for the firewire ??

It crashes on me. Quicktime sees the camera and I can record from there. Toast Titanium shows the camera, even rewinds when I say capture but as soon as it rewinds I get the multilingual message to reboot.

how does this program run speed wise? i use vegas on my pc just cause it runs really fast compared to premeire, but vegas doesnt have the quality of premeire or extras.

ive always wanted to run fcp, but im not doing it just to play with it, i want to be productive at the same time. so how are render times?

Let me clarify this to help people out a little bit more.

I only have remove that string from the Distrobution.dist file.

I posted earlier that this helped me to be able to install it. But I tried again and only removed this string and it worked without entering all the packages and installing it.

Let me clarify this to help people out a little bit more.

I only have remove that string from the Distrobution.dist file.

I posted earlier that this helped me to be able to install it. But I tried again and only removed this string and it worked without entering all the packages and installing it.

Final Cut Pro DOES NOT work in Build 8f1111a.... just so you know. Anyone know how to get it running, let me know. Something about PPC not functioning any more or something like that.

I SOOOOOOOO TAKE THAT BACK!!!! I tried a new image install, (With Jas's Patch) and it runs absolutely perfectly... hold on testing firewire capture now.... Holy {censored}!!!!! It works!!!!! I can't believe it! I had the 8f1111 build with Maxxuss's patches, and it didn't work. With Jas's 8f1111a installer ppf patch it works!!! WOW! Since I would never believe myself, I attached a screen cap.

Today is the day, in which the bridge has been made between my love for Pcs and FCP have come together.

(Thank yous.... yes it's like the oscars.... I'm that happy)

Maxxuss.... Jas.... Cyranna.... and those lovely people who were there for me to download the torrents!!! HA HA HA!!!1 SUCCESS!!!

If you have any questions, post them! I will monitor this regularly. A Wealth of knowledge is poor if not shared-

post-15194-1134724189_thumb.png

Well I guess no one cares any more really, but I will continue to give info for those who are searching....

When full res video is being edited, it tends to stutter a little bit, so I lowered the system playback settings to Medium or low when I was editing. It really doesn;t look or sound much different, but it is smooth as butter when editing. Besides, since you are outputing to a DVD file, why does playback have to stream ABSOLUTE full res :angry: Other than that it is working great, no crashes, nada! Cool beans :D

I SOOOOOOOO TAKE THAT BACK!!!! I tried a new image install, (With Jas's Patch) and it runs absolutely perfectly... hold on testing firewire capture now.... Holy {censored}!!!!! It works!!!!! I can't believe it! I had the 8f1111 build with Maxxuss's patches, and it didn't work. With Jas's 8f1111a installer ppf patch it works!!! WOW! Since I would never believe myself, I attached a screen cap.

Today is the day, in which the bridge has been made between my love for Pcs and FCP have come together.

(Thank yous.... yes it's like the oscars.... I'm that happy)

Maxxuss.... Jas.... Cyranna.... and those lovely people who were there for me to download the torrents!!! HA HA HA!!!1 SUCCESS!!!

If you have any questions, post them! I will monitor this regularly. A Wealth of knowledge is poor if not shared-

Thats fantastic news ! and thanks for putting up the screen shot and confirming that the capture works too !

There are numerous copies of 8f1111 floating about varying in size from about 3 gigs to 4 gigs, also you say the patch you applied was for version 8f1111a ..

I'm just really confused with the 10.4.3 builds .. which one should one get ? bandwidth is a problem for me and I want to be really sure before I hit download.. could take me a month !! Also are you running this native or is it on vmware ?

Is this fast and stable enough to do a 'real' edit ?

Thats fantastic news ! and thanks for putting up the screen shot and confirming that the capture works too !

There are numerous copies of 8f1111 floating about varying in size from about 3 gigs to 4 gigs, also you say the patch you applied was for version 8f1111a ..

I'm just really confused with the 10.4.3 builds .. which one should one get ? bandwidth is a problem for me and I want to be really sure before I hit download.. could take me a month !! Also are you running this native or is it on vmware ?

Is this fast and stable enough to do a 'real' edit ?

I would get the standard 8f1111 dvd install build. From there apply the Jas 8f1111a patch. Do not even bother with the others. Final Cut pro, along with MANY other apps don't work with them very well. I have been having lots of fun with all the little pieces here and there. I have done some experimenting and done some editing, nothing too fancy for now, but enough to know how it bades. It is still not perfect, but I believe it will improve with every rosetta :hysterical: If you set it to low res preview, it seems to run perfectly fine. I've worked with FCP on macs, and it is somewhat comparable, nothing great, but hey, it's a GREAT start!

I would get the standard 8f1111 dvd install build. From there apply the Jas 8f1111a patch. Do not even bother with the others. Final Cut pro, along with MANY other apps don't work with them very well. I have been having lots of fun with all the little pieces here and there. I have done some experimenting and done some editing, nothing too fancy for now, but enough to know how it bades. It is still not perfect, but I believe it will improve with every rosetta :hysterical: If you set it to low res preview, it seems to run perfectly fine. I've worked with FCP on macs, and it is somewhat comparable, nothing great, but hey, it's a GREAT start!

Thanks for clarifying that. I've started the download. Am dying to get this working. By the way what chipset do you have on your firewire card ?

Am I right in assuming you are running this native ? SSE3 machine, dmg2iso the dvd image, apply patch, burn dvd and boot ? Is that sequence right.

Am not sure if this is the right thread to ask this and I will post in the installation thread too, but it seems to me there there will be many people like me who have 10.4.1 running and have gone past the 6 gig limit. It seems to me it should be possible to patch the dmg from within 10.4.1 and burn a dvd straight from there, the patches at the moment are exe files so we need to do it in windows.. perhaps Maxxuss / JaS or all the gurus out there could put out a patch to allow this to be done ??

Thanks for clarifying that. I've started the download. Am dying to get this working. By the way what chipset do you have on your firewire card ?

Am I right in assuming you are running this native ? SSE3 machine, dmg2iso the dvd image, apply patch, burn dvd and boot ? Is that sequence right.

Am not sure if this is the right thread to ask this and I will post in the installation thread too, but it seems to me there there will be many people like me who have 10.4.1 running and have gone past the 6 gig limit. It seems to me it should be possible to patch the dmg from within 10.4.1 and burn a dvd straight from there, the patches at the moment are exe files so we need to do it in windows.. perhaps Maxxuss / JaS or all the gurus out there could put out a patch to allow this to be done ??

Ok, I have an ADS firewire card that I picked up from Frys. It says PC/Mac compatible, so I figured that was a good sign, as for the chipset nomeclature, I don't know.

Yup, running native... Sse3 Machine, and you have the sequence right. The way they have the builds setup and the kexts, they really aren'y meant to be upgraded for now. With all the new builds coming out left and right, it's easier to simply have a build re-installed rather than upgraded. If you were to spend all that time doing the upgrade patch, the next version will cmoe out and poof, all that time gone :D

The patches are actually PPF files. They can be patched from either Osx or Windows, but the conversion to ISO is exe... so you would need to have some sort of dmg-> iso for mac. I'm sure there is a way to do that.

Also: For everyone who gets FCP running.... you may want to disable the full res scrubbing option. It really isn't needed. It runs much better without it.

Any more questions, shoot them my way! I'm a quick responder... sorta :)

There are previous posts about it, but here is my solution:

On the install FCP icon, go to show contents, and then open the packages folder. From there copy the Final Cut Pro package onto your desktop. Click on it when on the desktop and go show info. From there open the folder inside until you see installation check. Delete that file, and poof, you're good to install. That will work with most of the packages inside the studio install. I say most, but not all, so not all work, but not all are required. Grooovy :)

-Kc

Also: For everyone who gets FCP running.... you may want to disable the full res scrubbing option. It really isn't needed. It runs much better without it.

Any more questions, shoot them my way! I'm a quick responder... sorta :)

Please can you tell me, where i can disable this function, i cant find it.

Thanks for help

Please can you tell me, where i can disable this function, i cant find it.

Thanks for help

COngrats on making it to the FCP on PC club :) To disable full res scrubbing (which is not really optimized for our little pc-macs yet) is located under the rt button on the left side of your sequence. It's aboce the names of the tracks like v1, v2, v6, etc.. There you have an option to disable scrub high quality.

As for an update for everyone.... I have been working on a documentary on the PCmac and I have been very successful so far. This project came to me to work on would have required me to travel 40 miles ever other day in order to work on it at a studio, but now I can work on it without the traveling! So far I have been using it very practically without any crashes. Groovy!

I have deleted all the installation and volume checks and it all installed fine but then when I start up fcp5 it says I DO NOT HAVE A g4 PROCESSOR then quits any fixes?

what are all your details? os version and motherboard/cpu and graphics?

I got Final Cut Pro HD 4.5 installed on my 10.4.3 with Wensley's Patch (that's all I could find, couldn't find an unpatched one)

I editted the info plist to get rid of the CPU check and Video Card check and it launches, asks me to register etc, loads all the things during the splash screen, then just quits.

Grrrrr So mad, everything was running fast and quickly up to this point.

I can run iTunes and Safari etc, but not apps similar to final cut like Soundtrack.

Think I should try another patch? I need to start looking.

well, i think i have tried every option for installing fcp 5.0 that was mentioned in this thread, but alas, nothing.

first i tried installing straight from the install disc. fcp loads, then when it gets to the point where it says no dv devices detected check again or continue, i hit continue and the program simply disappears. when i have my dv camera plugged in via firewire, it gets past the dv device check, it loads something else really quick (i think it has to do with the scatch discs) then again disappears.

next i tried deleting the install check file, but the exact same thing happens.

then i tried deleting the line "<installation-check script="installationCheck()"/>" from the Distrobution.dist file and installing from there, but again, the same problem.

i am running 10.4.3 build 8f1111 with the JaS 8f1111a patch

system specs:

Pentium 4 3.0Ghz 630 HT

Intel 915gevlk motherboard

GMA900 Graphics - Quartz is working

any ideas?

thanks