Final Cut Pro 5.0 - installed and working.

geewiZZ

123 posts in this topic

OK so im giving you the short version.

Copy the hidden Installers folder from the dvd to your desktop

You should have a folder containing 2 Final Cut packages and a folder called packages. View the Final Cut package contents.. (both of them) go into contents/resources of each package and remove InstallationCheck, if it exists (trash it) - then go into the folder called packages and do the same for each installer package in the folder... when you get to ProRuntime package remove the file named VolumeCheck....

Once you're done with this... Install It.

Works fine here. First time i ran it, it crashed out.. Relaunched and its been fine... no QE or OpenGL here on the Nvidia card.. but i can wait for that... Maybe its time to go out and buy that intel GFX card to get QE and opengl?

2.52ghz Pentium 4 (Northwood - SSE2) with 1gb Ram. Intel Mobo, Nvidia GFX, AC97 sound. Dell Dimension 4550.

I'm running FCP5 on a DELL!!!! WTF???

post-9869-1126205423_thumb.jpg

post-9869-1126205466_thumb.jpg

Interesting... I've been playing around a little with MacOSX x86, bought a new PC completely based on the devkit. Everything runs smooth... Except for the apps.. I played a little with iMovie, Garageband etc.. And I can tell you it runs sloowwwww. Such applications are not (yet) optimized for Intel. So don't expect to run it as hardcore as a real Mac. Such apps need big macs too btw.. And its so slow, u wouldnt even want to work with it.. Its nice to see it loads.. But working with it is another story! Have a P4 3.6GHz with 1Gb DDR400 and 2x 320Gb SATA with GM900 (yeap, QE and coregraphics)..

it seems fine to me. this machine renders the same bit of video faster under fcp5 than it does in vegas under windows... go figure... i don't experience the lag and speed issues you are having. Most of the apps that run via rosetta seem fine to me.. obviously not being natively compiled there is a slight lag.. but it's not that noticable to be honest when compared to the 867mhz g4 (1gb Ram) sitting beside me..which i also mess about on - with Final Cut - the x86 is comparable - i don't notice much difference in speed. I don't own a DV cam - but have a lot of video on a removable drive and am able to open.. do basic editing and export. In fact I find it very usable... no less usable than Vegas under windows on the same machine...

rendering a 2 minute 720x480 quicktime with no compression on the p4 took about the same amount of time as on the g4... go figure... I don't know what to say to you about your speed problems... you says its sllloooooww - i don't have those issues.... in fact its just like using the g4 to be totally honest... go figure.... as for "needing" a 'big' mac to be able to use and edit stuff on FCP - my best friend has just released an independent movie filmed in brazil on DV and entirely edited and rendered using FCP 4 on a 867mhz titanium g4.

(pakoto @ Sep 8 2005, 09:59 PM)

I cant get working. I erased all installtioncheck and volumecheck from this file, but it says bad hardware reqs.

Pakoto i don't know what to tell you... you obviously missed one of the InstallationCheck files in my opinion, because as far as i know these are the binaries that do the hardware check.. once i had removed all of those files and the VolumeCheck it was able to install fine. Make sure you view the contents of every single package. search the pkg files with a fine toothed comb.. and delete the InstallationCheck and VolumeCheck files.. this is exactly what I did to make it work. Other than that.. you're on your own...

I won't respond to any private messages - so please don't send me any... Don't ask me for advice.. i don't know anything more than what I did here to get it to work.

I'm not going to get into a debate about usability... it works for me.. i'm using it.. its fast enough for my needs..

not going to bother responding to any more posts on this... i have no further information that will be of use to anyone.. just reported what i'd done to make it work for me... and now have provided MY experience on usability...

why don't you try it yourself if you're that interested in how usable it is?

Your results may vary to mine, and to be totally honest.. i don't really care ;)

Have fun OSX'ing

i right clicked and chose show original on the Install Final Cut Studio. It brought up the three main location listed below. I dragged these from the dmg file to my desktop. I tried deleting the installationcheck from each location but i got "alert your computer have the hardware required" this is a list of where i found the installationchecks.

FinalCutStudioContent.pkg.......... yes (140 kb)

Final Cut Studio.mpkg - ............. no (9.2 mb)

"Packages" Folder: (331.7 mb)

AppleIntermediateCodec.pkg - .........yes

BatchMonitor.pkg - ........................no

Calligraphy.mpkg -........................ no

CinemaTools.pkg - .........................no

Compressor.pkg - ...................yes

DVCPROHDCodec.pkg - ..................yes

FCPCompressorGroup.mpkg - ...........no

FinalCutPro.pkg - ....................yes

FinalCutProGroup.mpkg - ................no

FinalCutProHelp.pkg - ...................no

HDVCodec.pkg -......................... yes

Helium.pkg -.............................. yes

IMXCodec.pkg -...........................yes

Language Pack.pkg - ....................no

LiveType.pkg -............................yes

LiveTypeSupport.pkg - .................yes

Plugins.pkg - .............................no

Presets.pkg - ..............................no

ProAppRuntime.pkg -.....................yes

ProRuntime.pkg -..........................yes

Qmaster_Frameworks.pkg -............ no

QuickTimeMPEG2.pkg....................yes

QuickTimeProMedia.pkg..................no

SoundtrackProSupport.pkg...............no

Uncompressed422.pkg....................yes

VideoOutSupport.pkg......................no

im not too sure about the file sizes of the first two files. they seem way too small considering the dmg is about a gig in size.

Tried 4.0 on my Dell 600m and i got a "Missing AGP card" error. Anyone know a fix around this?? Thanks guys. Keep up the good work.

yes, i know the fix. im not at my "mac" right now, so im tellin ya off the top of my head...go to your final cut pro launch file, right click it and get inside of it. in there will be a lil text like file. right click it and open with text editer. near the top of it will be some boot lines with requirement checks..they say something like <string> <answer> --along those lines.. you;ll see one checking for your processor speed, it will say G4, one string that checks min ram (it says 512 by default)..anyhow, when you locate this list. .try deleteing the two lines that look for your agp card. just delete those lines, and save the file. (back up the file before doing any of this - just in case). . that SHOULD work. editing that same file worked to get final cut 5 workin on G3s..heha..

good luck.

I tried installing FCP 5 following the instruction above(i.e. removing InstallCheck etc...)...yes, it does install correctly(!!)...but doesn't run when I try to lunch it from the App. folder...it crushes immediatly(I'm not able to see even the program GUI)...aaargh! :blink:

I have Tiger-x86.img running NATIVE into a partition on a AMD64 3000+, Ati Sapphire 9600(Darwin detects only VESA 2.0) , SATA 2x160 HDD, 1024MB RAM PC...Could it be a problem with CoreGraphics??...or maybe I have to patch this OSX with the maxxus patchfor SSE2 Chips to run PPC applications (i.e FCP5 or iTunes which also doesn't run)..thanks. ;)

[for jodo] Yes It got installed properly without any patch(It is the common Tiger-x86.iso[8-13-2005]) ....Now, as suggested, I patched OSX correctly with Maxxus .5c and: iTunes works correctly...Compressor tries to run but crushes...Livetype works fine (fast & stable)...[i tried a rendering with 15 effects applied at the same time both on a double 450Mhz G4 and on the Athlon..rusults: it took about 15 min on PC and 35 minutes on the G4]...but ;) AAARGH!! Final Cut Crushes after loading every package(does not arrives at the GUI, only the splash screen and the AVDevice window (that says i have not any Firewire peripheral connected)...maybe it's due to the Firewire check as said by jonajona...i tried both with a Sony DVC camcoder connected and disconnected..CONNECTED: it crushes immediatly after the loading...DISCONNECTED: it crushes when I tell "him" not to check my FW device when the AVDevice window pops up after the loading process...Does anyone knows something about disabiliting such a control??...thanks

Tiger-x86.img running NATIVE into a partition on a

AMD64 3000+

Ati Sapphire 9600(Darwin detects only VESA 2.0)

SATA 2x160 HDD

Firewire Card Detected correctly(the same that probably causes crash in FCP!!)(I used it to record with QTime from the Sony camcoder(Works!) and as a Network connection with the G4(Works!))

1024MB RAM PC

ne1 try lower ver of FCP??i have a Blackmagic capture card, plugged in but the os doesnt even register it in the hardware list, no luck w firewire capture too, guess it really doesnt work.btw i have the 915 board w gma 900 graphic, sound works lan works...

• 2 weeks later...

If, after doing all those fixes, Final Cut Studo.mpkg still refuses to run you can still install all the little components manually.

Here are the list of packages in the install folder you should install to get a fully working Final Cut Studio.

-FinalCutProGroup.mpkg (in the Contents folder, the rest are in the packages folder)

-LiveType.mpkg

-FCPCompressor.mpkg

-CinemaTools.mpkg

That should install all the required tools and everything should run nice and good. Don't forget to remove all the InstallationCheck and VolumeCheck within each package before continuing.

[for jodo] Yes It got installed properly without any patch(It is the common Tiger-x86.iso[8-13-2005]) ....Now, as suggested, I patched OSX correctly with Maxxus .5c and: iTunes works correctly...Compressor tries to run but crushes...Livetype works fine (fast & stable)...[i tried a rendering with 15 effects applied at the same time both on a double 450Mhz G4 and on the Athlon..rusults: it took about 15 min on PC and 35 minutes on the G4]...but :blink: AAARGH!! Final Cut Crushes after loading every package(does not arrives at the GUI, only the splash screen and the AVDevice window (that says i have not any Firewire peripheral connected)...maybe it's due to the Firewire check as said by jonajona...i tried both with a Sony DVC camcoder connected and disconnected..CONNECTED: it crushes immediatly after the loading...DISCONNECTED: it crushes when I tell "him" not to check my FW device when the AVDevice window pops up after the loading process...Does anyone knows something about disabiliting such a control??...thanks

Tiger-x86.img running NATIVE into a partition on a

AMD64 3000+

Ati Sapphire 9600(Darwin detects only VESA 2.0)

SATA 2x160 HDD

Firewire Card Detected correctly(the same that probably causes crash in FCP!!)(I used it to record with QTime from the Sony camcoder(Works!) and as a Network connection with the G4(Works!))

1024MB RAM PC

Maybe you should disable your fireware from the Bios of your computer.

Its said OSX86 update 1.4.2 developer edition fixes that problem.

So Firewire is not supported in our actual osx version

at least not in final cut, anyone have tested it with other firewire hardware as external HDs?

Greetings

I got Final Cut Pro 4.5 HD installed and running well. I also got the installer dvd of Apple Logic Pro 7 installed and running well(includes Apple and Garageband loops).Attached are screenshots. Ciao Tutti

whait is your configoration?

firewire ok?

• 2 weeks later...

OK, about the whole issue with hardware check, I belive I found an easier way around it.

I have the Final Cut Studio or whatever, and when I went to the directory with the two packages and the Install folder, I opened the first package, Final Cut Studio.mpkg, opened Contents, and then I opened up the Distribution.dist file in TextEdit and in there I found a line that said something like...

<script>

function installationCheck()

{

if ( checkSystemVersion() && checkQTVersion() )

{

return true;

}

if (my.result)

{

my.result.message = system.localizedString('ERROR_INSTALL');

my.result.type = 'Fatal';

}

return false;

}

I just changed the "return true" to false for check system version and it worked fine. I hope this helps someone else, it was the only way I could figure out how to get it to work.