MacPro Audio Update = changes in CPU Powermanagement!

10 posts in this topic

MacPro has some Audio Probs (noise ) which Apple fix with changes in the vanilla(native) CPU Powermanagement.

I dont know if that only effects on MacPro CPUs XEON or also for all others. Or if that only happen on MacProx,y mac ids.

But maybe usefull if some hackintosh heros investigate that (for the rest of us noobs :P )

I use iMac8,1 as id and vanialla powermanagement(working!) , maybe nothing would happen on may C2D if i would install that (or with 10.6.4) - but we dont know ;)

Bildschirmfoto_2010_05_04_um_07.28.17.jpg

MacPro has some Audio Probs (noise ) which Apple fix with changes in the vanilla(native) CPU Powermanagement.

I dont know if that only effects on MacPro CPUs XEON or also for all others. Or if that only happen on MacProx,y mac ids.

But maybe usefull if some hackintosh heros investigate that (for the rest of us noobs :( )

I use iMac8,1 as id and vanialla powermanagement(working!) , maybe nothing would happen on may C2D if i would install that (or with 10.6.4) - but we dont know :(

interesting ... I'm using iMac10.1 at the moment so that AGPM loads ..

I'd love to be the first - unfortunatly im at work ... :)

I looked in all info.plist but nothing interesting / changed there.

All changes made in the code parts of the kexts.

And as ever :

Apples Information of their updates are so bad !

I bet that 99% of all Mac Users would think that this "Audio Update" would update some Audio drivers.

But all in there are complete different things and zero/nada new audio drivers - more an workaround for my meaning.

Even more bad: They change powermanagement which may have side effects to users which didnt had any audioproblems.

That things was the reason i posted that to have an eye on some vanialla pwoermanagement changes which will come at least with 10.6.4 update.

fingers crossed 10.6.4 wont be a problem - I like my speedstepping - but when you read about the real mac USB problems with 10.6.3, im not sure how much hope i've got ! :(

From Apple

About Mac Pro Audio Update 1.1

This update addresses an audio anomaly that some customers may hear coming from inside their Mac Pro computer when using FireWire audio devices. This update is for Mac Pro (Early 2009) computers running Mac OS X v10.6.3.

From Apple Discussions

Topic : High pitch squeal related to Firewire audio device after 10.6.2 audio patch

I found this news on projectosx:

No need for modding Macpro4.1.plist anymore. Apple released today a Macpro Audio Update 1.1 that replaces IoplatformPluginFamily.kext. The Macpro4.1 Plist has now PlimitDict 0 and StepDataDict. It doesnt have new AppleHDA.kext.

Fabio

So basically we can now use MP4.1 with native speedstep and no edit needed ...

This update addresses an audio anomaly that some customers may hear coming from inside their Mac

Some form of knocking and banging I assume .. lol

I don´t understand why Non XEON CPU users try to use MacPro ID.

I use iMac ID and never had problems or must edit some .kext things for using vanilla speedstep.

I cant see any advantage MacPro ID vs iMac ID !