Boot Camp Expiring?

Big Kahuna

13 posts in this topic

Click "Show Package Contents" in Boot Camp Assistant.app. Go to Contents > Resources > English.proj and open Localizable.strings.

"ERROR_TITLE_EXPIRED" = "Boot Camp Assistant Beta has expired."

The beta will expire eventually. Maybe they made the older beta expire to force people to get the newer one.

Was at CompUSA today, and in speaking with the apple rep... he informed me that boot camp was to expire.

anyone else hear this?

when you first install bootcamp it tells you it will expire in a message window. thats probably where he heard/read it.

although.. i would take whatever they say with a grain of salt. gwprod12 is right in the fact that only morons work as techs and they usually dont know anything and/or know incorrect information.

There are a lot of smart people who fix computers. It's analogous to cars. People who fix cars actually know something about them. People who sell cars only want to swindle you out of your money.

The guy making $7 an hour selling Macs isnt an expert. If he was, he wouldnt be making $7 an hour. Unless he really really really likes working at CompUSA and is married to someone with lots of money, or is independantly wealthy on his own.

This reminds me of an encounter I had at a Radio Shack. I was looking for a piece of equipment, and the sales person absolutely would not stop arguing with me. It was an audio component. So, he says to me: "well, I work as an audio engineer, so take my word for it...". Am I wrong in thinking that professional audio engineers make halfway decent money? I just dont get it when people who work at Morons R Us act like it's just a hobby to fill in the week, so they can go back to their Mansion and snazzy career on the weekends.

Anyways, suffice it to say, not everyone who works in the Mac department at Compusa is stupid. But, it's safe to assume that what they say is wrong, and double-check it.

Im all for Leopard, but i dont want to spend 100 some bucks just to use a $200 Windows XP install on my macbook.

Trust me, there will most likely be some port or "crack" of Boot Camp to make it not expire.

I mean come on! To run Windows on A Macbook we need the following:

A Macbook: $1500+ with a decent configuration

A Windows XP SP2 CD: $100-200

For all of us who own a Macbook now we need to upgrade OS X to 10.5 which will cost $150ish

Total: Almost $2000

Now take out the 150 bucks for the upgrade: $1850

Now comeone Apple, for us that just bought a Macbook, give us a free 10.5 install! I know that when i get my Macbook on Teusday you will act dumb and release 10.5 early or something and i will be pissed off.

Anyway, hopfully you pirates out there hear my shout out to ya. Make a cracked version of Boot Camp/ 3rd Party version for free! :whistle:

Im all for Leopard, but i dont want to spend 100 some bucks just to use a $200 Windows XP install on my macbook.

Trust me, there will most likely be some port or "crack" of Boot Camp to make it not expire.

I mean come on! To run Windows on A Macbook we need the following:

A Macbook: $1500+ with a decent configuration

A Windows XP SP2 CD: $100-200

For all of us who own a Macbook now we need to upgrade OS X to 10.5 which will cost $150ish

Total: Almost $2000

Now take out the 150 bucks for the upgrade: $1850

Now comeone Apple, for us that just bought a Macbook, give us a free 10.5 install! I know that when i get my Macbook on Teusday you will act dumb and release 10.5 early or something and i will be pissed off.

Anyway, hopfully you pirates out there hear my shout out to ya. Make a cracked version of Boot Camp/ 3rd Party version for free! :whistle:

Man, I second the free upgrade when you recently purchase a computer. I recently purchased my 3rd Mac Mini (long story), but my 1st one was right around the time Tiger came out. I was heart broken Apple didn't offer a free upgrade. Apple does a lot of things right, but sometimes....er...a....ah well...They do a lot of things right. That is why I switced from my Vista machine to primarily using my Mac. :angry:

Apple upgraded my 2nd Gen 15 GB iPod to a 3rd Gen 20 GB iPod for free. This was coz i placed the order like a month before the 3rd Gen came out.