Intel Core i3 Processor

10 posts in this topic

Hello All,

Has anyone gotten Leopard or Snow Leopard work with a Core i3 processor?

If you have would you mind explaining how you did?

Here are my specs:

Intel BOXDH55HC ATX Intel H55 LGA1156 PCI-16 2PCI-E1 3PCI SATA2 HDMI DVI VGA GBLAN Motherboard
*Intel Core i3 530 Dual Core Processor Clarkdale LGA1156 2.93GHZ Hyperthreading 4MB Cache Retail Box

Thanks! :unsure:

The best and the easiest way to find out is to try out when we're talking new hardware. Let us know the KPs you get, start eliminating the causes and when you're KP-less you will be Appleful and window-less for the rest of your life if all works good.

The best and the easiest way to find out is to try out when we're talking new hardware. Let us know the KPs you get, start eliminating the causes and when you're KP-less you will be Appleful and window-less for the rest of your life if all works good.

What should I use to install it?

Visit Tonymacx's site (google it) and get his BootCD. Get DigitalDreamers install script from the Tutorials section of this site. Boot your machine with Tony's CD, when it boots remove the bootCD, insert your OSXInstall DVD and hit F5, You should then see the OSXInstall DVD as a bootable option. Select the OSXInstall icon and enter a boot flag of: busratio=20. then hit enter. The DVD will run and you will come to the Mac installer. Select DiskUtilities and partition/format your HD. Exit diskutility and select your HD to install. Select Customize and uncheck all the optional install, ie do a basic install. Installation should proceed.

Once the install is done reboot using the BootCD (you still need the busratio=20 flag, also be not alarmed if you get a message the install failed at the end of the installation - proceed anyway). When it loads you will go through the initial Mac setup and finally arrive at the Mac desktop. Use DD's script to: make the disk active, load a bootloader, load kexts and modify the DSDT. Prior to running DD's script move the Legacy_kernel into the top level of the Kernel folder and rename it mach_kernel ( this loads a modified kernel to replace the vanilla Apple kernel - you need this kernel in order to boot until you upgrade to 10.6.3). Once done with DD's script, reboot (eject the BootCD before restarting). At the bootloader countdown, hit the space bar and enter the busratio=20 flag before continuing the bootup. You should boot into OSX 10.6.

Now you can set about fixing the things that don't work. This usually entails changing some kexts in the 10.6 kext folder and rerunning DD's script to install these kexts. You may also need to toggle some kexts into S/L/E from the Extra folder - this can all be done with DD's script.

Have Fun!!

Visit Tonymacx's site (google it) and get his BootCD. Get DigitalDreamers install script from the Tutorials section of this site. Boot your machine with Tony's CD, when it boots remove the bootCD, insert your OSXInstall DVD and hit F5, You should then see the OSXInstall DVD as a bootable option. Select the OSXInstall icon and enter a boot flag of: busratio=20. then hit enter. The DVD will run and you will come to the Mac installer. Select DiskUtilities and partition/format your HD. Exit diskutility and select your HD to install. Select Customize and uncheck all the optional install, ie do a basic install. Installation should proceed.

Once the install is done reboot using the BootCD (you still need the busratio=20 flag, also be not alarmed if you get a message the install failed at the end of the installation - proceed anyway). When it loads you will go through the initial Mac setup and finally arrive at the Mac desktop. Use DD's script to: make the disk active, load a bootloader, load kexts and modify the DSDT. Prior to running DD's script move the Legacy_kernel into the top level of the Kernel folder and rename it mach_kernel ( this loads a modified kernel to replace the vanilla Apple kernel - you need this kernel in order to boot until you upgrade to 10.6.3). Once done with DD's script, reboot (eject the BootCD before restarting). At the bootloader countdown, hit the space bar and enter the busratio=20 flag before continuing the bootup. You should boot into OSX 10.6.

Now you can set about fixing the things that don't work. This usually entails changing some kexts in the 10.6 kext folder and rerunning DD's script to install these kexts. You may also need to toggle some kexts into S/L/E from the Extra folder - this can all be done with DD's script.

Have Fun!!

Is it possible to use a burnt .dmg of the Snow Leopard disk?

Also: Is this the script you are talking about? http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=149505Opps that's the Leopard one. Is it this one http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=185097 ?

Have Fun!!

Ok, Boot from Tonymacx's BootCD, put in the Snow Leopard disk, hit F5, selected OSXInstall DVD and hit enter. Still in the BootCD view with the little apple up top, text comes up saying 'Loading HFS+ file . . . . blah blah blah' then some error comes up (goes away to fast to read it) and the computer reboots!!!!!!

Ok I have installed Snow Leopard using tonymacx86 BootCD and Snow Leopard disc. I used the '-x cpus=1 busratio=16' command for the installation.

At first I was able to boot into SL using the BootCD (with cpus=1 busratio=16)but now it always give me this message:

IMG_2514.JPG

I am able to boot into it using safe mode but it says:

Info: Removed 3 orphaned/unlinked files and 0 directories
launchctl: Please convert the folowing to launchd: /etc/mach_init.d/dashboardadvisoryd.plist

Here is a picture of that

EDIT: Damn, just got a kernel panic(in safe mode) Picture here

Use this in your com.apple.boot.plist:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>busratio=22 arch=force64</string>

if your cpu is working 2.93 MHz the multiplier is 22.

Delete VoodooHDA and install audio kext after.

Intel i3 530 works with qoopz 10.3

geekbench64.png