• Please log in to reply
1537 replies to this topic

TheDon

TheDon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
I have the Nvidia Quadro FX 2800M in my HP Elitebook. The Elitebook is not a great hackintosh laptop but just for fun I put a junk 60 gig drive in there and installed. I get the video card to recognize and I get native resolution and great colors and all but its super slow performance. I did it before this post, so I am not using anval. I just thought that the video card wasnt good for fast graphics, but more like rendering work.

The slow graphics only come into play when opening anything such as quicktime, itunes or frontrow apps.

Can anybody suggest something that would help?

humph

humph

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Edit: try this

This wan't addressed in the latest release. Watch-out for the next one :unsure:

SUCCESS!!
Booted OK.

Couple things not working right, minor cosmetics:
1. Seeing processor as 2.05GHz (rather than 1.6GHz) - but that's same as several other versions of Chameleon.
Name Core 2 Solo, is good.
hw.busfreq= 100000000
hw.bf_min= 100000000
hw.bf_max= 532008000
cpu_min = 2048000000
cpu_max = 2048000000
tb.freq = 1000000000

If you need full sysctl dumps, let me know.
Note that Kabyls has verbose CPU info for Chameleon, where correctly seen as Atom N270 1.6GHz. But syspof info shows 800MHz (Core Solo).

2. No detailed memory info in sysprof. (Kabl's version did discover memory on this controller).
But, in initial boot, sees the 2GB total (1st page) and AboutThisMac shows 2GB total at 533MHz.
In verbose Chameleon output before booting kernel I get:
- Slot 1 Type 19 1024MB (DDR2 SDRAM) 667MHz Vendor=Micron Technology
- Part No=8T.. etc SerialNo=0E etc...
This is seeing the add-in memory card, but not the 1GB soldered on-board. Which is same "verbose" situation as Kabyl. Having said that, Kabyl's version managed to get sysprof to see this add-in card OK with partno and serialno, but only partial info on the 1GB on-board (size1 GB, speed 533MHz, no vendor, no partno, no serialno).
The on-board memory is also actually 667MHz, according to spec sheet.

3. I see double instance of FADT restart fix and Changing Preferred_PM Profile messages in Chameleon verbose. Think thats also not fixed in many versions...

Anyway. Massive improvement in that it's booting!

P.S. Not using GraphicsEnabler, am using DSDT. But I can check the gma 27ae GE capability if you need that tested; but guess its all RC5 standard so ought to work.

valv

valv

InsanelyMac Architect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • Interests:Operating Systems<br />Networking<br />Security

SUCCESS!!
Booted OK.

Great. would mind posting bdmesgs (from 5.0.9 and kabyl's) please ?
Also, if u have access to linux, it could be helpful to get some dumps from there (e.g.: dmidecode/bios dump, sysctl...)

Hi Valv,

Tried version 5.09 and lost the support to Nvidia GTX 460.

Hi vultu,
which version (before 5.0.9) was working for your card ? I mean did the 5.0.8 work for you ?

@Azi,
I ' d study things further, and keep u informed.
btw, that's what I actually call an elegant feedback ;) thanks

VultUx

VultUx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Hi vultu,
which version (before 5.0.9) was working for your card ? I mean did the 5.0.8 work for you ?

I Valv,

Never mind, I dont know what I did, but is working again with version 5.0.9

Thank you for your hard work to comunity!

b04r

b04r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Linux,HTML5,CSS3,WebGL,Music,Poetry,CS Geek.
Hi all :3

In first place, awesome work Valv. Some days ago i lost all hopes on getting 1440x900 resolution on my monitor. Today, on a "Google-searching time", reached this loader, and some minutes later, i got the native res for my card. Thank you very much.

In a second place, is possible to have QE/CI enabled on a HD3650(PowerColor PCIe Radeon HD 3650, 512MB DDR2) using Snow Leopard (10.6.5 updated)? This works full QE/CI on Leopard 10.5.7. Is the only thing I need to get on work on Snow OS X.

(Curious thing on Kexts. On 1280x1024x32, it loads ATIFramebuffer.kext, while on 1440x900x32, it just doesn't load)

Thank you very much, keep the great work on AnVAL :3

(P.s: Checking on dmesg output, i just get this:

ATY,Megalodon: Not usable
ATY,Megalodon: Not usable

)

JBraddock

JBraddock

Ph.D (Can) in Human Rights

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

you would need this instead (literally the same as in real mbp5,5)

<key>SMboardversion</key>
	<string>Not Specified</string>
The one you are trying to override should be the SMboardproduct (in the green rectangle on the image).

Add it to the smbios.plist file with the right value (you 've been trying to add).

Just to report something as it might help others.

I was using MacbookPro5,5 as an identifier without the following keys in my boot.plist.

<key>SMboardversion</key>
<string>Not Specified</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F2268AC8</string>

Mac-F2268AC8 is for MacbookPro5,5. Without that key, despite the mac model was already being set to MacbookPro5,5, OSX was using a version from MacbookPro4,1.

Then with the help of Valv, I added the above keys. Then I noticed that prior to booting AnVaL starts to report that the machine is a MacbookPro5,5 and since then the number of KPs I was having become noticeably fewer. I used to have one almost everyday, now it happens , say, one in a there days or may be none.

Azimutz

Azimutz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Interests:At the moment, OSx86.. In general, music, audiophile, computers.. to much to mention...

@Azi,
I ' d study things further, and keep u informed.
btw, that's what I actually call an elegant feedback :unsure: thanks

Thanks.. did you saw the diff i posted on DieBuche's topic, with the AutoResolution from my branch?
The code is a bit ugly and kind of "out of place", because i was trying to convert it to a module when i paused the work.
The code from boot.c and options.c is on autoresolution.c... need to get back to this, but i'm out of motivation atm...
recharging batteries :) or better, trying to.

jlvaio

jlvaio

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
hi valv
here is a dsdt method for vaio
if you can take a look
i was searching for "sny5001 dsdt" and find that
thanx to take look

http://svn.pardus.or...p;pathrev=22557

http://www.mail-arch...g/msg09721.html

b004004

b004004

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi! Nice work! But I have some problems there.
My T60 has a Core Duo CPU (T2500) 2.0GHz, but using the boot post here, I gets a 4.00GHz max Freq. (monitering by MSR tool).
The command "bdmesg" comes a "Bad CPU type in executable" message.

Please help me! Thanks a lot!

valv

valv

InsanelyMac Architect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Please help me! Thanks a lot!

just post an bdmesg from a working version (specifying which one) + com.apple.boot.plist.

thanx to take look

I 'll do.

Thanks.. did you saw the diff i posted on DieBuche's topic, with the AutoResolution from my branch?

I fail to find that one. btw, I was looking at "Chazi"'s code and I 'd like some guidance from your part as if this implementation is working for you and if it is latest or if there is something else I should study (e.g your other sub-branch). Thank u anyway.

In a second place, is possible to have QE/CI enabled on a HD3650(PowerColor PCIe Radeon HD 3650, 512MB DDR2) using Snow Leopard (10.6.5 updated)? This works full QE/CI on Leopard 10.5.7. Is the only thing I need to get on work on Snow OS X.

would u mind providing me with your boot.plist and a complete bdmesg.

(Curious thing on Kexts. On 1280x1024x32, it loads ATIFramebuffer.kext, while on 1440x900x32, it just doesn't load)

what happens if u load it manually?
maybe exotic qe/ci package (from netkas) and/or some dsdt patching could get u qe/ci working again.

Cobra03

Cobra03

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
The Kernel seems to work well once booted. However, I get KP on every boot related to Apple_SMC.kext with dependence (<sp?) on AppleIofamily.Kext. I can get around this KP by booting with slingle user flag and running /sbin/fsck -fy:exit then it continues and boots fine. If you would like any other info like bdmesg, ioreg stuff ect....I can provide for you later after work today.

Thanks for you hard work!!!

Cobra03

spyguy007

spyguy007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Despite mentioning support for the Radeon 5870, all that happens when getting past the bootloader and starting OS X is a black screen and my fans running full-blast. System boots fine with Kabyl's experimental ATI bootloader.

Is there something I'm missing?

valv

valv

InsanelyMac Architect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

System boots fine with Kabyl's experimental ATI bootloader.

which fb did u used with kabyl's ?

spyguy007

spyguy007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

which fb did u used with kabyl's ?

The default, Uakari.

b004004

b004004

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

just post an bdmesg from a working version (specifying which one) + com.apple.boot.plist.

Thanks for your reply! I try many Chameleon 2 RC4 and 5 verson, but the bdmesg still not working!
In the com.apple.boot.plist, I only enable arch-i386 mode and give the Graph Mod, DSDT and SMBios parameters.
I try my best, but I cannot make the bdmesg working!

HELP!

valv

valv

InsanelyMac Architect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
@b004004, boot.plist & smbios.plist please.
am working on next update since some days. I think it would fix your problem.
btw, did u try FixFSB or ForceFSB keys?

@spyguy007,
not sure but, seems like u missed some step. I myself have no ati (I fail to help on this). But one of the guys that got his card working would probably help by (e.g. FKA).

-CEOS-

-CEOS-

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
graphic enabler is not working with my GeForce 8800 gts 512 (g92)

can just use vesa resolutions.

it's working with official rc4

i use this flags:
AutoResolution=Yes
GraphicsEnabler=Yes

b004004

b004004

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

@b004004, boot.plist & smbios.plist please.
am working on next update since some days. I think it would fix your problem.
btw, did u try FixFSB or ForceFSB keys?

Hi valv. Attachments are boot.plist & smbios.plist. Thanks very much!
I dont try the FixFSB or ForceFSB keys ... I think it's not safe to stay long in 4GHz case. Sorry!
Can you help me fix the "Unsynchronized TSC for cpu 1: 0x00000006281b4670, delta 0x8afa8" problem?

Attached Files

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,902 posts

graphic enabler is not working with my GeForce 8800 gts 512 (g92)
can just use vesa resolutions.
it's working with official rc4
i use this flags:

AutoResolution=Yes
GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Normally should work.
What dev ID has your GPU (seen in System Profiler GPU)?
Already in RC5/valv : { 0x10DE0193, "GeForce 8800 GTS" } - if you have diff ID tell it valv. Dont forget to add that 0193 into nv50 driver .plist!
Do you use native drivers or some modded (someones driver packs)?
Be sure to remove any DSDT gpu things and any graphics string (boot.plist) if you want to use RC5+ Graphicsenabler!
Graphicsenabler works for me (no dsdt gpu parts + no graphicsstring in boot.plist!!)
I have 9600GT and must only add the dev id (every time after systemupdate) in the NV50 driver to get QE/CI/3D.

valv

valv

InsanelyMac Architect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
Updated to 5.1.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy