AnVAL (ACPI Loader)

valv

1,538 posts in this topic

@blackosx,

I think the kernel patcher has got some effect there. My suggestion to this is to try latest (5.1.4) and tell me how it behaves on Fusion now.

check my signature for diff update; AUTORES_DEBUG is now fully working.
woops! missed that one.

going to check it for next release.

@TorqueX86,

to me, it seems like your bios is doing something the c-states already. And most probably, the values chameleon is injecting are not the good ones for your cpu. Just to be sure, review your bios options and stick with them. Or if u don't feel as lazy as I actually am ( :P ), dump your oem tables and try adapting them according to what chameleon generates. Afterwards you can load them without relying on a generator anymore. For this, I already added a dump of used memory addresses, from where those (auto-generated) tables get loaded.

@VMonHeros,

Give it a try and see if it's now working.

btw, easy on the under/over-voltings :P

@Azi, FKA, blackosx, M-Khairy and all the good friends,

thank u for having given time and effort. And keep in mind that your presence is valuable to me. And for sure, it is anval's best bet.

this is bdmesg

Config: [hd(0,1)/Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist] 401 bytes.
CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor
fsb: 200
P-State 0: Frequency: 3200, Multiplier: 16, vid: 16
P-State 1: Frequency: 1800, Multiplier: 9, vid: 24
P-State 2: Frequency: 1000, Multiplier: 5, vid: 32
P-State 3: Frequency: 800, Multiplier: 4, vid: 46
CPU: Vendor/Family/ExtFamily:	  0x68747541/0xf/0x1
CPU: Model/ExtModel/Stepping:	  0x4/0x0/0x2
CPU: Multipliers x10:			  max=160, min=40
CPU: MaxDiv/CurrDiv:			   0x0/0x2
CPU: TSCFreq:					  3210MHz
CPU: CPUFreq:					  3200MHz
CPU: FSBFreq:					  200MHz
CPU: NoCores/NoThreads:			4/4
CPU: Features:					 0x26900221
Theme: [hd(0,1)]/Extra/Themes/Default
Theme: [hd(0,1)]/Extra/Themes/Default
Found mode 1152x864 in VESA Table
Config: [hd(1,1)/Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist] 494 bytes.
Setting boot-uuid to: 30186830-A749-399A-BBC2-F8D80F590FBB
Loading Darwin 10.6
Loading kernel mach_kernel
LoadDrivers: bt(0,0)/Extra/Extensions.mkext
LoadDrivers: /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext
ACPI: [hd(1,1)/Extra/DSDT.aml] 59377 bytes.
Using PCI-Root-UID value: 0
ATI VGA Controller [1002:68b8] :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) 
old pci command - 7
boot display - 0
dumping pci config space, 256 bytes
Found bios image
Adding binimage to card 68b8 from mmio space with size f800
Patched DMI Table
Found SMBIOS System Information Table 1
Customizing SystemID with : e013001e-8c00-01da-754e-00248c85d040
ACPI: [hd(1,1)/Extra/DSDT.aml] 59377 bytes.
Not an Intel platform: Restart Fix not applied !!!
Not an Intel platform: Restart Fix not applied !!!
Patched ACPI version 2 DSDT
Starting Darwin x86

still auto resolution cant get 1440*900 :P

and cores now correct :P

@Mohamed,

thank u for confirming the NoCores value. Regarding auto-resolution, am afraid it's not going to work for you guyz.

thank u for having given time and effort. And keep in mind that your presence is valuable to me. And for sure, it is anval's best bet.

Too kind valv ...

my friend no change with autores' here, I looking at Azi's diff too but I bet you get there first, no competition lol!:

bdmesg_valv_5_1_4.txt

D

@blackosx,

I think the kernel patcher has got some effect there. My suggestion to this is to try latest (5.1.4) and tell me how it behaves on Fusion now.

Good job valv. 5.1.4 cdboot binary now works as expected. :P

You're welcome valv. I'll always help out where and when I can. Keep up the momentum.

Regards

blackosx.

my friend no change with autores' here
weird is how you' r getting 1920x1080 out of EDID, where I don't. Even-though my display supports it.

But should be related to the card's output. Self understanding: it's nvidia.

well, have u tried other resolutions also ? Probably 1600x1280. For me it did revert to 1280x1024 (which should work also).

btw, try editing the teme.plist and post back, please :P

Good job valv. 5.1.4 cdboot binary now works as expected. ;)
woohoo :P

thanks valv i love your work :)
wasn't me :P We all made that :P

weird is how you' r getting 1920x1080 out of EDID, where I don't. Even-though my display supports it.

But should be related to the card's output. Self understanding: it's nvidia.

well, have u tried other resolutions also ? Probably 1600x1280. For me it did revert to 1280x1024 (which should work also).

btw, try editing the teme.plist and post back, please :P

Will try but I know Azi's worked with 1920x1080 in theme.plist.

BTW and FYI - (acronym central !) did full install replacing boot0 boot boot1h ..

D

Hy guys, congrats for your hard work! I want to test the bootloader but if u please update or give a link to an updated boot.plist options, cause the other time I've ruined my Hacky install because of that. I'll wait till the "spark" will be posted.

So...wish u all the best! :P

@eddmaster,

glad to know u want to test/taste :(! Oh and sorry for the hassle.

options are into BootHelp.zip on first post.

but, u should keep in mind, most of us have an extra boot option (bootcd/usb/external drive). So u better start by getting one. (till the day I post one for the lazy testers over here :P )

I just reverted (the embed theme) to its defaults (1024x768). so u'd need to edit it back when needed

You've got it valv!

I use a custom theme but I have left plist set to 1440x1080 a few days ago when I was playing around.

Now set to 1920x1080 and all is good :P

D

i think it comes more from Zprood's partition layout + boot0hfs, than from the code it self.. just a feeling.

Anyway, something is failing on the first check for dsdt.aml file.

Zprood, can you set the OS X partition Active and see if this goes away, please?

I'm always ready to help test; just need free time to do it, which hasn't been much lately.

Sorry for the absence, I backup all the data and clean my hard disk, reinstall the RC5 boot loader. The error message has gone. So I think it may cause by my partition layout, but not the active partition, maybe the boot0hfs?

Hi valv

I've been playing around with a Zodiac Zbox ND22 that has a celeron SU 2300 (which I understand is core2 duo based.) and using your 5.1.4

Is there any support for the SU2300? I'm guessing not as I have instant reboot after chameleon verbose text.

Boots fine with nullCPUPM.kext.

I've tried removing Alias form scope PR and as P001 > P004 are listed in Scope PR I've tried removing the 2 redudnant entries P003 and P004. But have still no joy.

Any more info I can give you?

Cheers

EDIT - This is no longer relevant to me and can't test anymore - don't know if any other Clereon SU 2300 users would follow up with a request?

Cheers

D

Azimutz, can I help you somehow to make it work on Core i7? Do you need investigation or debug work from me? Please let me know in case you decide to implement this smile.gif

Unfortunately i don't have what it takes to fix that stuff and neither has the original developer of the patch, Lebidou; check this post; and here is the original topic for the patch. Also check this topic by DieBuche; this is what AutoResolution patch tries to do by patching the Vbios; if you read the topic you will find AutoResolution mentioned and also some comments by Lebidou.

The work i've been doing is just for learning purposes and to keep the patch interacting properly with the booter, as the code changes; no changes have i done to the "engine" :)

for autoresolution idont know is it related to dsdt unsure.gif as i tried anther bios xfx of FKA but also same sad.gif

Nothing to do with dsdt; it only works with Intel chipsets, 800 and 900 series :blink:

I've had that diff on my desktop for about two weeks now. It's still a big learning curve for me and I short on time ATM. ... excuses, excuses! sleep.gif

EDIT - just grabbed latest diff.

Well, i did my job on informing you; i deleted the first diff i posted on DieBuche's topic so, it was only fair i told were it went :) anyway, you can ditch that first one if you still have it. I reverted things way back on these new ones so it's easier to compare with the original stuff.

I use a custom theme but I have left plist set to 1440x1080 a few days ago when I was playing around.

Now set to 1920x1080 and all is good smile.gif

AutoResolution patch doesn't use the the values from theme.plist, something i'm considering adding??

It just checks "Graphics Mode" key or EDID (by this order), sets the resolution to use and bypasses the theme.plist check.

It's still checking theme.plist because Valv missed some stuff, for what i can see on the repo... he'll get there :)

-----//-----

Anyway, for anyone interested in AutoResolution patch, check the links on the top of the post; i recommend checking the Diebuche's first and the patch one later; you will have a better idea of what it's all about.

If you're looking for QE/CI, this patch won't help you at all! But limitations apart, when it works properly it sets the correct resolution at boot prompt (keep in mind that themes must still be resized to the correct resolution) and most important, all the way into the desktop (even with no QE/CI).

As i mentioned, it only works with Intel chipsets, 800 and 900 series. ATI cards are the best supported, most likely will work; nVidias, the best to do is, try; Intel integrated, also try. Some GraphicsEnabler support for Intel was added, the same you can find on Prasys, Andyvand and Meklort's branches, mostly for laptops/notebooks (for instance, it doesn't work with my desktop gma950, 0x27728086).

Edited by Azimutz

Valv, now it's your turn :)

@blackosx,

Confirm, fixed. Kernel patcher can't be the culprit; the error was too early for that.

woops! missed that one.

Ok.. so check this stuff:

- boot.c: this code (453->460), you can leave here. But this one (462->493), you need to remove (because of the "memory allocation error" i mentioned) and use just the one you already have in ExecKernel. It's in fact the same code, cleaned and added "gAutoResolution = true;". The "cleaned" code seems redundant to me; at this point, if the resolution was changed, it was done via "Graphics Mode"+F2 key, which already does all this stuff; so, why do it again here? See the logic? :blink:

- gui.c: here, more logic; why use these functions again? The resolution was already stored in params[4], we just need to make sure it's used. Same here; plus move

oldScreenWidth = gui.screen.width;
oldScreenHeight = gui.screen.height;

before if (gAutoResolution == true); this last bit was added after the patch was created. If it's not moved, overrides what we just did.

- options.c: there's some "logic" here too, similar to the gui.c one, but i'm trying something here so, i'll leave it for later :)

My pleasure :)

@blackosx,

woops! missed that one.

@VMonHeros,

Give it a try and see if it's now working.

btw, easy on the under/over-voltings :)

Hi Valv, no more luck with the 5.1.4. version. Issue is not on the kernel patching, as the notebook reboot before loading the kernel (I also try with a Tea patch kernel to be sure and no flag KernelPatch... It is the same).

As always, the system reboot too quick to see anything... I've got just 3 errors line...

Anyway, for anyone interested in AutoResolution patch, check the links on the top of the post; i recommend checking the Diebuche's first and the patch one later; you will have a better idea of what it's all about.

If you're looking for QE/CI, this patch won't help you at all! But limitations apart, when it works properly it sets the correct resolution at boot prompt (keep in mind that themes must still be resized to the correct resolution) and most important, all the way into the desktop (even with no QE/CI).

As i mentioned, it only works with Intel chipsets, 800 and 900 series. ATI cards are the best supported, most likely will work; nVidias, the best to do is, try; Intel integrated, also try. Some GraphicsEnabler support for Intel was added, the same you can find on Prasys, Andyvand and Meklort's branches, mostly for laptops/notebooks (for instance, it doesn't work with my desktop gma950, 0x27728086).

Thanks Azi - as it stands I've got a few days off at the start of the week I'm going to try and use to learn some stuff.

D

Hi Valv,

Atom kernel patching is not working for me. I put KernelPatch=Yes in my com.apple.boot.plist with nor result. Direct KP for me.

So I go to the Tea patch kernel.

As someone point me (thanks friend), Anval works with my Atom 330 if I disable the generation of the PStates (don't ask me why... Atom 330 has only one PStates as it don't have speedstep... Only 1.6 GHZ clock). If I don't disable PStates generation, I've got direct reboot before loading the kernel.

For the Cstates, Anval detects 2 as I think I've got 3 (my previous DSDT contains 3 CStates). Note that I clean all the CStates and PStates values before having them detected by Anval.

Processor (CPU0, 0x01, 0x00004010, 0x06)

{

Name (_CST, Package (0x04)

{

0x03,

Package (0x04)

{

ResourceTemplate ()

{

Register (FFixedHW,

0x01, // Bit Width

0x02, // Bit Offset

0x0000000000000000, // Address

,)

},

One,

One,

0x03E8

},

Package (0x04)

{

ResourceTemplate ()

{

Register (SystemIO,

0x08, // Bit Width

0x00, // Bit Offset

0x0000000000004014, // Address

,)

},

0x02,

One,

0x01F4

},

Package (0x04)

{

ResourceTemplate ()

{

Register (SystemIO,

0x08, // Bit Width

0x00, // Bit Offset

0x0000000000004016, // Address

,)

},

0x03,

0x39,

0x64

}

})

I've got also an error "Unable to locate _compage_stuff_routine"... Don't know what it means :P.

Here an extract of bdmesg

Config: [hd(0,2)/Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist] 975 bytes.

CPU: Mobile Intel® Atom CPU 330 @ 1.60GHz

max: 12 current: 6

CPU: Tjmax ~ 105°C Temperature= ~ 52°C

CPU: Attempting to enable IDA Failed!

CPU: Vendor/Family/ExtFamily: 0x756e6547/0x6/0x0

CPU: Model/ExtModel/Stepping: 0x1c/0x1/0x2

CPU: Multipliers x10: max=120, min=60

CPU: MaxDiv/CurrDiv: 0x0/0x0

CPU: TSCFreq: 1599MHz

CPU: CPUFreq: 1599MHz

CPU: FSBFreq: 133MHz

CPU: NoCores/NoThreads: 2/4

CPU: Features: 0x36d00323

Theme: [hd(0,2)]/Extra/Themes/Default

Theme: [hd(0,2)]/Extra/Themes/Default

Found mode 1024x768 in VESA Table

Config: [hd(0,2)/Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist] 975 bytes.

Setting boot-uuid to: 13BD7D3A-206C-3434-A61E-5E72B413F13D

Loading Darwin 10.6

Loading kernel mach_kernel_atom

Unable to locate _commpage_stuff_routine

LoadDrivers: /Extra/Extensions.mkext

LoadDrivers: /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext

Using PCI-Root-UID value: 0

LAN Controller [1969:1062] :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x18,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Setting up lan keys

SMBios: [hd(0,2)/Extra/smbios.plist] 997 bytes.

Patched DMI Table

Found SMBIOS System Information Table 1

Customizing SystemID with : 80114d3e-9479-4681-39b9-e0cb4ea24005

ACPI: [hd(0,2)/Extra/dsdt.aml] 42439 bytes.

FADT: Restart Fix applied !

Found ACPI CPU: CPU0

Found ACPI CPU: CPU1

Found ACPI CPU: CPU2

Found ACPI CPU: CPU3

C-State: Adding 2 states: C1 C2 @ e96000

FADT: Restart Fix applied !

Patched ACPI version 2 DSDT

Starting Darwin x86

Setting Legacy USB Off on controller [10de:0aa6] at 00:04.1

Legacy USB Off Done

Setting Legacy USB Off on controller [10de:0aa9] at 00:06.1

Legacy USB Off Done

I'd also tried to so some undervolting, with no effect at present time ;).