HP Mini 311 Darwin Project Thread (PART III - Current/Latest)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
777 replies to this topic

reberto

reberto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Flash Player "Gala" Preview Release

Welcome to the Flash Player preview release, code-named “Gala,” which introduces support for H.264 video hardware decoding on Mac OS X 10.6.3

Unfortunately, this doesn't seems to improve the performances

Errr, yes it does. I can watch 720p/1080p Youtube HD flawlessly now. If you uninstall the old version of Flash, then install this, it works fine. I've been using it since it came out yesterday and other than a crash in Chrome it's rather perfect.

dparm

dparm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Go on eBay and look for extensions.

I can't find any U.FL extensions. Is it easier to just replace each antennas with longer ones?

Only thing I found is a 12" extension for $20...and I'd need two:
http://www.jefatech....-Female-12.html

alabamas

alabamas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
To those who are not able to wake from sleep in non verbose..Could you try to run this at terminal and reboot.maybe kp at first but then its ok.

sudo kextcache -e -z -a i386

Since i use to rebuild extension like this, i'm always able to wake from sleep.

The option -z is for rebulding with noauthenticate and maybe is the key to our sleep problems.

P.S: With the new flash player i'able to view 720p/1080p flawlessly. had to repair permissions ,rebult chaches and reboot -since that it's ok

MowgliBook

MowgliBook

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
@ dparm : This is a development tread.

Welcome to the current Project Thread for Mac OS X on the HP Mini 311 and devoted to development discussions.
Kindly please DO NOT post Support questions on this thread.
Support related questions have better chances of being answered if you post them on the appropriate thread:
HP Mini 311 - Support Questions/Requests, Level 1 Support (PART II)

please see post #162

Kappy

Kappy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

@ all : If you have overclocked your CPU you have wrong temperature reports. This is because of FakeSMC. If you want to be closer to the true temps, change the tjmax to 110 in FakeSMC. (Everest estimates it is 125°C on my N270, seems pretty high)

EVEREST is definitely wrong. I don't know what to believe... Maybe MSRTools is right.

@Mowgli,

In an earlier post you mentioned something about PStates being displayed by MSR Tools. When I run it I see nothing in the display mentioning PStates. Am I missing something or misunderstanding what info is displayed? Appreciate learning what to look at.

I can't find any U.FL extensions. Is it easier to just replace each antennas with longer ones?

Only thing I found is a 12" extension for $20...and I'd need two:
http://www.jefatech....-Female-12.html

Sure, you can replace them with longer ones, but it's much more difficult to do because, I think, you must disassemble to do so.

I'd keep looking for extensions or purchase what you found. Sorry can't help you more.

You can also try pulling on the ones that are there to see if there may be enough to reach.

MowgliBook

MowgliBook

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
@ Kappy : You can read the Pstates in IOreg
ioreg -lw0 | grep PerformanceStateArray
on my Atom 270
| |	 |   "PerformanceStateArray" = 
(<40060000d00700000a0000000a000000230c0000230c0000>,
<35050000fd0500000a0000000a0000001c0a00001c0a0000>,
<2a0400002a0400000a0000000a0000001508000015080000>,
<20030000580200000a0000000a0000000f0600000f060000>)
And you'll see that they are effective in MSRTools (if the frequencies are changing)

You can also test the Cstates
ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo
The result should be
| |	 |   "CSTInfo" = 19136773

MowgliBook

MowgliBook

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
I've made a new Boot CD including all the progress done so far. It's able to patch the kernel so you may even use it to boot your 10.6.3 partition or a brand new SL Install DVD with 10.6.3

I've removed all audio support from the BootCD since I don't want conflicts if some still use AppleHDA and some use VoodooHDA. This is not very important to have audio on the Install DVD.

as always : http://www.mediafire.com/MowgliBook

mattkime

mattkime

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

I've made a new Boot CD including all the progress done so far. It's able to patch the kernel so you may even use it to boot your 10.6.3 partition or a brand new SL Install DVD with 10.6.3

I've removed all audio support from the BootCD since I don't want conflicts if some still use AppleHDA and some use VoodooHDA. This is not very important to have audio on the Install DVD.

Is there a guide for using your bootCD?

Looking at the guide on the google code site - http://code.google.c...OSX106HFOptical - it looks like it might be linking to the wrong file. doesn't look like an iso file and that burning it to adisc would be useless.

MowgliBook

MowgliBook

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
@ mattkime : a guide to a Boot CD ! :D :)
Download, burn, Boot the CD, follow the instruction, (eject > insert the DVD) Install OS X :D
Boot the partition with the Boot CD, install the Retail Pack. Done.

please see post #64

poofyhairguy

poofyhairguy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Thank you very much! I can finally retire my old boot CD.

This is a big help to me as I have been clean installing a lot to text kexts.

MowgliBook

MowgliBook

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
You're welcome ;)

I'm afraid VoodooPS2 in E/E creates KP at wake from sleep. This might be a problem if the Install DVD goes to sleep. I'd love feedback on that issue, or if you experience any problem with the BootCD.

Apart from that I think it's rock solid.

Kappy

Kappy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
@ Mowgli

OK. I thought I should be seeing something in MSR Tools about PStates, but I understand you are using a Unix tool for the information. MSR Tools does in fact show SpeedStep is working correctly.

Thanks.

LeMaurien19

LeMaurien19

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 339 posts
Time to revamp that Installation Guide :)

@MowgliBook
Est-ce que c'est toi qui a créé l'application BootCDMaker? Je suis très intéressée à apprendre l'utiliser (correctement). J'ai tenté auparavant de me créer un Boot CD à travers cette appli mais j'ai pas réussi; quand je démarrais le Mini avec le CD gravé j'ai toujours été bloquée en "---" à l'écran. :( (en fait j'ai essayé la version modifiée par prasys)

@everyone
This new Chameleon looks interesting: Anv's ACPI Loader Cham 2 RC5 pre7

AND....

10.6.4 has been released to beta testers (netkas)

poofyhairguy

poofyhairguy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

10.6.4 has been released to beta testers (netkas)

Doesn't seem scary so far:

http://www.iphoneinc...-4-build-10f37/

MowgliBook

MowgliBook

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
@ LeMaurien19 : Non c'est pas moi. BootCDMaker was created by Trauma, from darwinx86.net and Lizard by Sonotone, also from darwinx86.net

For those of you who don't speak French, check out this page.

I've made a few changes to BootCDMaker to optimize it for the Mini 311. If you want more informations about it, you should comme on our IRC

If you want I can share my customized BootCDmaker.

PS : change "Updated for current Bios F.14 version. Device HPET fixed and P-Sates (Atom N270) to enable possible […]" to "Updated for current Bios F.14 version. Device HPET fixed and C-Sates (for both N270 & 280) to enable possible […]"
I didn't hardcode the P-States because OS X detects them, and they are different on the N270 and N280.

poofyhairguy

poofyhairguy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
@Everyone

If you want GPU Flash Acceleration first download and run this uninstaller:

http://kb2.adobe.com...1/tn_14157.html

Reboot and install the new flash:

http://labs.adobe.co...shplayer10.html

If it is working there will be a small white dot in the upper left corner of the video. My overclocked Mini has a few problems with some 1080p stuff with it installed, but a lot of 720p stuff that I know didn't work at all before can play fullscreen smoothly (and that is the best our screens can do really). Well worth it.

Good news about VoodooPS2

I succeeded in combining all of the best stuff together. The current kext has the fixed keyboard support from the alpha with the lack of requirement of the NUB kext of the beta. It is not perfect but the rate I have to type to bring about freezing is crazy fast. I think it is a good trade for overall stability and the loss of another kext.

So lets call this final.

Should be in /S/L/E/. Again, delete any ApplePS2controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext you have in either /S/L/E/ or /E/E/.

One note (@MowgliBook) is that I do think that we should keep those Apple kexts somewhere for bootable disks as my kext won't work well in /E/E/. I tried to get them to work and had some success, but never enough to be happy with it.

You need to boot into verbose mode or you get the black screen upon resume (no KP though).

That problem is what I am working on next.....

EDIT: Added version 1.1 which should fix the problems caused by this kext following an ApplePS2 kext.

Attached Files

MowgliBook

MowgliBook

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
@ poofyhairguy : You're right, and I've added a new-new BootCD :( with ApplePS2 kexts (if you have issues with the first one)

dparm

dparm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
So which of the half-sized Bluetooth cards work? My full slot is occupied by a wifi card right now.

Everyone mentions the Dell 370 but that's a longer card -- has anyone tested any others?

icemank121

icemank121

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Did a fresh install of 10.6 with Mowgli's BootCD and HF5, used boot cd to install from retail disc, used boot cd to load after install, installed 10.6.3 combo and then HF5 before reboot, loaded up from reboot just fine, speed step works, but cpu speed is reported incorrectly in ATM. Moving VoodooPowerMini to SLE fixed that, moved SleepEnabler as well. So far everything seems great. Good job everyone!

LeMaurien19

LeMaurien19

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 339 posts
So we're ok with this final list?
/Extra/Extensions:
- AppleACPIBatteryManager
- CPUInjector
- fakesmc
- NullCPUPowerManagement

/S/L/E
- SleepEnabler
- VoodooPS2Controller
- VoodooPowerMini

Verbose mode

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy