HP Mini 311 Darwin Project Thread (PART III - Current/Latest)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
777 replies to this topic

Tetonne

Tetonne

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

I've spent some time testing The Kings's DSDT and set of kexts (for a couple of weeks). My mini has never been so stable. I'm sure you'll all love it.

However, I'm not really intending to release a new pack based on his work. I would say the rendez-vous point is here now. Almost all you need is here !

@ King : thanks for all
@ Mowglibook : would be great to have a new pack in my opinion to have all in one archive.
you said put all in /S/L/E? you're not using EFI anymore?

Happy Christmas to all of U!

MowgliBook

MowgliBook

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
@ andnet : You shouldn't have this delay if you use the patched AppleHDA.

@ Tetonne : I've never ever used the EFI partition... but anyway, I'll update the pack.

andnet

andnet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

@ andnet : You shouldn't have this delay if you use the patched AppleHDA.

May be TheKings DSDT is wrong? Your DSDT work fine, can you make DSDT for 3Gb+ F16+AppleHDA (system MBR Win7+MacOs)? Thanx

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 755 posts

May be TheKings DSDT is wrong? Your DSDT work fine, can you make DSDT for 3Gb+ F16+AppleHDA (system MBR Win7+MacOs)? Thanx

Maybe you are a n00b, what part of "do not mix files" you don't understand?
Here it boots in 11 seconds, with patched AppleHDA on SSD hdd.

andnet

andnet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
))). Oh!!Yes I found my mistake, this is my carelessness. Put the file from the old archive . Good luck

Tetonne

Tetonne

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
I'm trying with new pack 1.2 right now :

AnyCardReader.kext, ApplePS2Trackpad.kext, LegacyAGPM.kext are missing in this pack?
VoodooHDA.kext and voodoo.prefpane (have been replaced by AppleHDA.kext)
would be great to have more information :-) for the one of us who are not as good as leaders of the tread but who have been able to feed back (not nocives any more)

i always try to compare packages (last with previous) to see (i'm not always able to understood) the difference between packages (thaaks to the great job of the contributor mowglibook)

it would be great to have a notice
xxx.kext had been added to pack
yy.kext had been replaced by aze.kext
zz.kext must be removed from /folder
---
i'm using Efi method describe by The Maurien19 (post 1) + post 2 and using Bios 1,6 from 1,5 and pack 1.1c from 0,9 (S/L/E and /E/E).
it's not easy in my opinion to swith to root method with no risk lol
---
would be be great if any of us has a signature with all informations about config, bios, efi or root, release n° package
?
can an admin suggest one model of signature? i'll upadate my signature with it
---
thanks for all of contributors and distributors :-)

aikidoka25

aikidoka25

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
knowledge shared is never lost.
but sometimes it takes a lot of patience to share it with the uninitiated.
and sometimes one doesn't have this full patience due to one reason to another.

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 755 posts
I don't know wtf is so hard to understand... :wacko:
Extensions must be installed on the place they belong: /System/Library/Extensions/
Use of the /Extra/Extensions/ is good only on install process, I don't see the reason to keep part in /Extra/Extensions and rest on /System/Library/Extensions/
Also the use of the EFI partition is wrong from the same reason...

I clearly specified to not mix files from previous builds with new one.

I even specified second time that com.apple.boot.plist contain stuff for audio and video.

All needed files where uploaded in the same place.

Result?

People started to mix files then complain... :censored2:

Tetonne

Tetonne

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

That's true thanks for remember us this

@THe KiNG : thanks for all,
i'm not complaining at all and sorry if my feed back look like that. my mind and thinks are far for that lol

i just wanted to say package 1.1c and 1.2 (THe KiNG package) are different.

i have to go i'll try as soon as possible
have a good sunday! :-)

mosslack

mosslack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 881 posts

I tried new wave. Before i have HF7 with EFI because this help me with blank screen issue after sleep. I than make TheKing AppleHDA magic anf everything was fine - less random KP's. Now i've got MowgliBook latest package 1.2 and use LeMaurien19 Chamelion install guide. I copied all staff from MowgliBook latest package 1.2 EXTRA folder to / and than copy all kext's folder staff to S/L/E than rep. permissions, rebuid cache with kext utility - i can boot now but i can't get video to work in full mode. Maybe MowgliBook missed some kexts in Extra folder in his pack 1.2?

Additionally - i can't get Audio to work after all this chemistry - grey icon with no ability control.

Sorry, you all so clever and understand each other with a half of the word, but i think we need a complete guide howto, like LeMaurien19 did, but with new staff from TheKing great work. Now we have some pieces of all investigations and haven't complete full guide. You can say - "That's like a copyright staff and so on - if you don't undestand what to do with this pieces of greate findings - you a n00b and go away here". But from my point of view if you haven't complete document with predictable steps and results - it is disrespectful to other participants of this project. You say - "I'm only the guy, that understand all kext's, dsdt's and other chemistry in osx" and i spend a lot of time to get this staff work. Why i must discribe so simple things like "howto"? It's enough, that i undestand all this things in right way.

Sorry again, but to see the treasure of yours all investigations we need a simple guide - the guide from scretch will be enough.

At the risk of saying you a n00b and go away here, I must remind you this is a development thread, not a support thread. I think the people here are very patient with those who make this mistake and try to answer questions the best they can. Keep in mind these people are working towards a finished product, but it is not there yet and so it remains here in development.

If you try things you learn about here in this thread, you must be able to accept some failures as you are not at the same level of learning as they are. They are not teachers, so often the details are lacking. Try asking those on the support thread what it means and perhaps you will get much needed help to make it all work out. HTH

Kappy

Kappy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

At the risk of saying you a n00b and go away here, I must remind you this is a development thread, not a support thread. I think the people here are very patient with those who make this mistake and try to answer questions the best they can. Keep in mind these people are working towards a finished product, but it is not there yet and so it remains here in development.

If you try things you learn about here in this thread, you must be able to accept some failures as you are not at the same level of learning as they are. They are not teachers, so often the details are lacking. Try asking those on the support thread what it means and perhaps you will get much needed help to make it all work out. HTH

At the risk of pissing someone off despite the fact that this is not a support site, still documenting changes, particularly significant ones, is the proper expectation of any developer. So I believe the suggestion that some information when relevant accompany changes when they depart from previous directions is a proper one.

I'm not a n00b and often find it difficult keeping track of the various paths everyone takes as changes are made. Although not extensive at least Mowgli has documented the changes he has made from one retail pack to the next. I find that information helpful. Of course it does require taking time to peruse the readme file. ^_^

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 755 posts
I did documented the DSDT, most of the important stuff is there.
What do you expect from me, write a doc(more like a book) with all changes I made in DSDT?

No, it is my fault, I though it will be a nice gift for Christmas, now I don't feel the same.
I asked MowgliBook to make a pack, now I will ask him to remove it.
Who want to use the stuff, they have the dedicated topic.

I'm out of here.

Kappy

Kappy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

I did documented the DSDT, most of the important stuff is there.
What do you expect from me, write a doc(more like a book) with all changes I made in DSDT?

No, it is my fault, I though it will be a nice gift for Christmas, now I don't feel the same.
I asked MowgliBook to make a pack, now I will ask him to remove it.
Who want to use the stuff, they have the dedicated topic.

I'm out of here.

My, but you're being awfully touchy. For one my comment was not even directed at you specifically. Two, if you expect that documenting changes means writing up pages of documentation then you clearly missed my point. Third, pulling things from access accomplishes nothing unless you feel obliged to take your football and go home because you feel miffed.

Everyone appreciates what you've done. You fully understand what the comments mean, so grow up.

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 755 posts
What mean documenting changes for you?
Do you have any idea how many they are?

I don't pull anything, the files are and will be in the same place I put them, as future updates.
Who can take the Quiz and have enough brain and balls to post there, is welcome.

Kappy

Kappy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

What mean documenting changes for you?
Do you have any idea how many they are?

I don't pull anything, the files are and will be in the same place I put them, as future updates.
Who can take the Quiz and have enough brain and balls to post there, is welcome.

I didn't ask you to document anything for me nor was my comment a suggestion that everything be documented. I'll have to suppose you're pissed off at a couple of the other n00bs who asked you for more information than you have or are willing to provide.

Maybe you just need a few hours to chill, man. Just because you call yourself TheKing doesn't mean you are one. You can learn to be polite and to try to understand what people are asking before you fly off the handle like a spoiled brat.

And, I took the quiz and got 100. Believe me I have all the balls that are needed. And, no matter how much I know there's still much to learn. And civility is a skill you should learn. Whatever you think you know there are many who know more. Try being nice, for a change, and respect that not everyone who asks you a question here is doing so out of stupidity, just out of ignorance.

I could start ragging you on your awful grammar and spelling, but I recognize English isn't your native language so I'm polite enough to say nothing. Well, machine language isn't everyone's native language either. :)

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 755 posts

Just because you call yourself TheKing doesn't mean you are one.

LOL What a n00b, a nick is a nick, and has nothing to do with osx86 but my real name.
I had enough of your "appreciation" for today.
Now you can go {censored} yourself.

P.S. Sorry for not spelling right...

MowgliBook

MowgliBook

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
I'm extremely disappointed to read what I've been reading tonight...

Shame on you guys, disrespecting someone and being far from polite because you don't want to make (little) efforts and want to be served with ready made packs, self installing from a to z. This is childish. I wish I could select who should have access to the KiNG's work and who should not. I did my packs without installers for that matter. To force people to switch their brain on a bit... dig a bit into the subject.

You should be ashamed. And most of you definitely don't deserve to enjoy the fruits of The KiNG's hard WORK. Some do though; some tried hard to develop/edit/fix stuff and improve our Mac OS X experience with the Mini 311. Some just come, download and cry like babies.
This is WRONG. When I first started, I was a newbie. This is normal. The hackintosh experience is a game, a hobby. This is not for most of you. You should just buy a Mac, and leave us be. You say you want information, explanations? They are here. We've been sharing for years, you just have to look for it. This is as simple as that. A little effort... That you lazy people don't want to make. Hacking Mac OS is not a commercial thing. It must not be easy. This is a way to learn Mac OS X.

I value the input in the project of some of you, and respect you, thank you... as for the others... [...]
Don't ask for packs anymore. But if you want to work on developing things and contribute, you're welcome, but that won't happen here.

aikidoka25 had some wise words that you guys should meditate on.

I would go further, YOU CAN'T BE TAUGHT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO. And if you want to, you know what to do. ;)

I came here in 2005. Long time ago. I've less than 1000 posts. I learned, read, tried. And I shared my knowledge as often as possible. I was happy to share with everyone. Now I'm disgusted by what I see... and I'm fed up with spoon-fed noobs.

Adieu.

Hagar

Hagar

Project Dogsbody

• Administrators
  • 2,352 posts
Closed: degenerated into flaming AGAIN...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy