HP Mini 311 Darwin Project Thread (PART III - Current/Latest)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
777 replies to this topic

DiegoZ

DiegoZ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

i uploaded the update (not the combo one to be precise) and the result is not so good. i can confirm the unit will go KP when resuming from sleep. It is not immediate KP but after a few seconds it it will complained that mDNSResponder screwed up.

UPDATE:
It seems alright when boot in verbose mode

12/11/2010 - After a few reboots in verbose mode, I set the unit to bibernatemode 3 and it seems better now, boot non verbose - sleep - resume = OK

anyone has the same symptom?

I'm facing the same problems resuming from sleep with retail pack 1.0c installed with lizard... Now I'm going to test with 1.1a to see if works

MowgliBook

MowgliBook

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
Check out 1.1b
Based on Chameleon RC5 (Meklort 632)
Takes advantage of Chameleon plugins (modules) to get rid of the CPUID kexts and also DSDT GFX injection.
I have wake from sleep and deepsleep with 10.6.4 & 5 (without booting verbose), but restart does not work after sleep

Provided as is. I have no time for support.

DiegoZ

DiegoZ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
1.1b working as expected in my mini  ;)

aikidoka25

aikidoka25

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
mowgli, somehow mediafire didn't allow me to download 1.1b, a pop-in came out and saying something like the server is not available. 1.1a is downloadable though.

Tetonne

Tetonne

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

mowgli, somehow mediafire didn't allow me to download 1.1b, a pop-in came out and saying something like the server is not available. 1.1a is downloadable though.

same here

UPDATE @18:30
available now

LeMaurien19

LeMaurien19

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 339 posts
I've experienced this restart problem after sleep even with the previous beta Retail Pack 1.1 - I'm suspecting it's because of Chameleon RC5.
:)

Check out 1.1b
Based on Chameleon RC5 (Meklort 632)
Takes advantage of Chameleon plugins (modules) to get rid of the CPUID kexts and also DSDT GFX injection.
I have wake from sleep and deepsleep with 10.6.4 & 5 (without booting verbose), but restart does not work after sleep

Provided as is. I have no time for support.

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 1,038 posts

I've experienced this restart problem after sleep even with the previous beta Retail Pack 1.1 - I'm suspecting it's because of Chameleon RC5.
:)

is Not a Chameleon bug but bad DSDT.

LeMaurien19

LeMaurien19

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 339 posts
Oh, ok. Then there's something that can be done about it :P I wonder if the 3GB RAM blank screen on wake issue is also DSDT related?

Tetonne

Tetonne

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
for our information :
possible to get HDMI digital audio + video outputs working on your custom build???
http://tonymacx86.bl...-solutions.html
Enable Full Graphics Card Acceleration
http://tonymacx86.bl...celeration.html
sleepenabler 10.6.5???
http://www.kexts.com...6.5_10h574.html
sd card reader??? even if my mini311 read sdcard
http://www.kexts.com...ard_driver.html

hope it can be usefull

iLeopod

iLeopod

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Interests:ileopod.wordpress.com
I modified the card reader kext the product id is 345.
Here when u dont want to patch it yourselfAttached File  AppleUSBCardReader.kext.zip   35.01KB   48 downloads
The Cards are shown as sd cards in Finder and DiskUtility and also in sytem Profiler

aikidoka25

aikidoka25

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
I used a cocktail of 1.1b DSDT and Chameleon RC5 rev 635 plus Ev0Reboot, and now booting,sleep,resume,restart non verbose seems stable.

Not sure why, but this combination needs CPUIDs kexts otherwise AppleCPUPM cannot be loaded (KP).

Mowgli,
Did you patch RC5? I tried rev 635 without Atom patch, and it even couldn't boot (restart loop) at all.

twotimes

twotimes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Noticed one strange thing:

for some reason i always get one of the cpu's "kernels" loaded at 100%, according to the iStat menus. Kernel_task eats up the entire virtual kernel of Atom270.

Maybe I just missed something during/post the installation, though.

jafd

jafd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

for some reason i always get one of the cpu's "kernels" loaded at 100%, according to the iStat menus. Kernel_task eats up the entire virtual kernel of Atom270.

Could it be the "idle" process? ;-)

On a side note, a communication improvement hint: kernels are those software things, like vmlinuz, ntoskrnl.exe or mach_kernel. Those hardware things in processors are called "cores". ;-) You must be speaking Russian or some similar language.

LeMaurien19

LeMaurien19

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 339 posts
As I've said before, with RC5/Retail Pack 1.1, sleep resume will work fine but not restart. According to TheKing, it's a bad dsdt. And so I'm stuck with Retail Pack 1.0 with RC4 replaced with PCEFI. Should I just revert to 2GB RAM since it's always been tough luck for us with 3GB installed?

Or which part of the DSDT do I need to look into that is linked to RAM specification? I'm willing to get my hands messy if only someone here would point me to the right direction. I really need my extra RAM for multitasking - have lots of windows and apps open - not just for speed (2GB is the limit wherein we can see noticeable bump up in speed).

twotimes

twotimes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Could it be the "idle" process? ;-)

On a side note, a communication improvement hint: kernels are those software things, like vmlinuz, ntoskrnl.exe or mach_kernel. Those hardware things in processors are called "cores". ;-) You must be speaking Russian or some similar language.

my bad, had too much focus on the word "kernel" lately :)

Anyway, AFAIK Atom270 has only one physical core with HT (thus the second "core" in the istat).

The only process causing the cpu hog is kernel_task, constantly loading one of the "cores" to 70%  

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 1,038 posts

[font="Tahoma"]
Or which part of the DSDT do I need to look into that is linked to RAM specification?

Dump DSDT with 2GB/3GB from Windows or Linux to get the reference, then when you made the new DSDT search for all entry of OperationRegion (????, SystemMemory, 0xXXXXXXXX, 0xYYYYYYYY) and fix them.

This netbook is evil, when it sleeps on battery it cuts off the power on USB and that cause mess for OSX USB {censored} driver, trying to fix that...

jafd

jafd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

The only process causing the cpu hog is kernel_task, constantly loading one of the "cores" to 70%  

I think your machine is overheating. Do you use, by the way, native AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext? OS X forces itself to idle when it thinks it runs too hot.

aikidoka25

aikidoka25

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
For the brave souls here :angel: I uploaded the patched ChamRC5 boot file in post #2 above

Kappy

Kappy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

For the brave souls here :( I uploaded the patched ChamRC5 boot file in post #2 above

@Aikidoka:

Tried it along with the Legacy kexts with no luck. KPs during startup. Removed the Legacy kexts - also without any success. Returning to Mowgli's Retail Pack 1.1b and everything seems OK. PCEFI 10.6 will not work at all with the new Chameleon.

My Mini is an N280 model, so it's possible that what works on the N270 does not work on the N280. I also found that using MacBook Pro 5,1 or 6,1 in smbios makes no obvious difference.

Noticed one strange thing:

Maybe I just missed something during/post the installation, though.

@TwoTimes:

This is often the result of a defective system file or a corrupted cache file. If you kill the kernel task in Activity Monitor does it return still hogging the CPU or quiet down? If you have any cache cleaners like Snow Leopard Cache Cleaner or TinkerTool System, then use it to clear all system, user, and font caches. See if that helps.

Mac Hosehead

Mac Hosehead

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Mowgli's Retail Pack 1.1b is working well for me. I'm seeing less random KPs at boot. I put EvOreboot in E/E and reboot appears to work OK. Sleep works. I have an Atom 280 with 3G ram. The only thing that does not work for me is FakeSmc. I always get KPs. I am using the previous version in E/E.

-MH

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy