Help requested with SL and nVidia 6800 XT

Spunky17

1 post in this topic

Okay, here goes.

I've got the system in my signature running just fine under 10.5.8. I got a second Hard drive and I'm trying to install SL on the identical hardware.

I've gotten everything working except the graphics which is an nVidia 6800 XT.

I've tried using NVenabler and edited NVDARESMAN.kext and NVDANV40hal.kext as posts have recommend, with no luck. I've tried using the GraphicsEnable in Chameleon, with no luck. Basically it seems that no matter what method i try to get the video to work it just hangs it. If I remove the NVenabler or the GraphicsEnable from com.apple.Boot.plist I can at least boot into 1024x768.

On verbose boot it just hangs there forever after getting a message about waitforservice on the CPU powermanagement. Now by hangs I mean completely hands, no keyboard response nothing. I have to hit the hard reset button on the system to reboot it.

I've been reading and reading and tried just about everything.

Can anyone offer some assistance?

I have loaded the following kexts:

In E/E - AttansicL1eEhternet, ElliottForceLegacyRTC, EvOreboot, FakeSMC, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, IOATAFamily, NullCPUPowerManagement, OpenHaltRestart, SMCBIOSResolver,AppleACPIPS2Nub, AppleIntelPIIXATA2, ApplePS2Controller, AppleVIAATA

In S/L/E - NVenabler

Thanks,

Spunky