GMA 3150

rinoaa52r

19 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried to get these cards to work yet? I have heard that on linux they use a gma 915 driver but I haven't been able to get a confirm on weather they actually use the driver or not. I will help in anyway I can. I looked in the kexts installed and found ones for the 950 but none for 915 so can't try that. Also is there any other way to get ahold of a working wifi mini-pcie card without buying it off of ebay?

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone tried to get these cards to work yet? I have heard that on linux they use a gma 915 driver but I haven't been able to get a confirm on weather they actually use the driver or not. I will help in anyway I can. I looked in the kexts installed and found ones for the 950 but none for 915 so can't try that. Also is there any other way to get ahold of a working wifi mini-pcie card without buying it off of ebay?

There is no driver for this card, as for GMA 3000 GMA 3100! Apple has never used it !!! i'am in the same case with GMA 3100 !

• 1 month later...

Hi!

What is the news about this graphic card? (GMA 3150)

I have installed ideneb on my aspire one 532h with this card but no graphic acceleration .... :)

I can pay for this work ..... because aspire one 532h with Mac os is very fantastic and work great !!

Please help me ....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Has anyone tried the latest NBI from Meklort / Mechdrew? There seems to be added support for GMA 3150 thru the 915 kext...

http://www.meklort.com/ mar 06 blog entry...

" Updated the (915)resolution code so that it supports more gpus (such as the GMA 3150). "

Do you know where i can find a kext compatible with gma 3150? i have a dell latitude 2110 and everything works except the resolution is stuck on 800x600 please help me!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I was verry surprised but I installed iatkos s3 v2 on my macbook air clone with gma 3150 and the native resolution is 1280x768.

If i remember correctly I only select voodoo ps2 and atom kernel more than the other when i installed it.

It can not be. It is 1024*768 on mine. But most apps not work under native mode.

Hi!

Meklort finally released his new netbookinstaller,with a support for GMA 3150 (without hardware acceleration yet)

BUT,I'm under Kaliway 10.5.2,and I would like to know if someone could upload his patched kext(s) for the card,cause I can't Run NBI with my Léopard...

I've got a iAtkos 10.6.3 too,but I'm not able to install it,even if I know we can,with my Intel Atom.

(I know,I'm bad...)

Thanks for advance!

What is the exact problem you r facing with iAtkos 10.6.3.... boot with -v and check the message during kernel panic...

in iAtkos, select patched kernel for atom and try to boot with cpus=1 first

Post your results here, i will try to help you.

In my HP mini(gma 3150) i have installed iAtkos, updated to 10.6.4 and now running with gma recognition (thanks to meklort).

Hi!

Meklort finally released his new netbookinstaller,with a support for GMA 3150 (without hardware acceleration yet)

BUT,I'm under Kaliway 10.5.2,and I would like to know if someone could upload his patched kext(s) for the card,cause I can't Run NBI with my Léopard...

I've got a iAtkos 10.6.3 too,but I'm not able to install it,even if I know we can,with my Intel Atom.

(I know,I'm bad...)

Thanks for advance!

What is the exact problem you r facing with iAtkos 10.6.3.... boot with -v and check the message during kernel panic...

in iAtkos, select patched kernel for atom and try to boot with cpus=1 first

Post your results here, i will try to help you.

In my HP mini(gma 3150) i have installed iAtkos, updated to 10.6.4 and now running with gma recognition (thanks to meklort).

Thanks a lot for your response!

So,finally,I've got iAtkos 10.6.3 installed and opperationnal on my Compaq mini cq 10,and I've never get success with the Boot install with usb

(Always giving me kernel panics at start with every kernel:chocolate,mach,vanilla,conbinations of bootflags...)

Exactly 3 days to install Kalyway 10.5.2, 23 days (really) for a 10.6.3 install.

So how did I do?

I'M NOT A COMPUTER EXPERT,THAT THING WORKED FOR ME,BUT COULD NOT WORK FOR YOU.

ALWAYS,

I SAY, "ALWAYS" BACK UP YOUR SYSTEM AT EACH STEP.

USE COPY CARBON CLONER ,it's free and cool for that!

So now you can't say you don't know.

If you do that,your install may boot,like for me:

Installed Kalyway 10.5.2,

Mounted the iATKOS v3 s2,and copied the whole disc in a folder.

Then searched and installed 10.6.3.pkg,on a second partition

(in the iAtkos disc: unhide the hidden files,go to "System/Installation/Packages")

Installed Myhack v1.1 on a USB drive with base options:evoreboot,sleepenabler,ps2...you don't use the iatkos options.

Installed the same thing on my 10.6.3 partition,with same options.

Rebooted.

MyHack appeared at screen.

Booted with " cpus=1 " ,just that flag. (remember,Myhack does it job for the kernel panics with ioplatformexpert,Ahci,Sleepenabler,all that Damned things that poisons your life!)

So I've finally reached the "Do you own a mac" menu.

Trackpad doesn't work at this point,got a USB mouse.

Fill in the menu with "no update,no internet,etc..."

You're on the 10.6.3 desktop!

Ok,but not the End.

Find "Basesystem.Pkg" ,installed it.

Don't reboot.

Install " netbookinstaller v0.85" (pre-realeased) on your drive.

Wait.

Then,at installation success,reboot on your Partition,not on myhack.

I've booted on Chaméléon,then typed:" cpus=1 -v " on the loader.

Wait,you normally see white lign on black screen for a little while,and it boots.

Whoa!you've got internet,sound,gma 3150 DETECTED (no hardware acceleration like we said)

ok.

Searched "Essentials.pkg",

installed it.

no reboot,

Install again netbook installer V0.85 pre,

Install ok

Reboot,

nothing to type at bootloader,

wait,if it boots,

Reboot on the other partition,repair permissions on the other disc(the one with essentials.pkg),repair disc too,a lot of errors must be corrected.

You're ok!

If you have a kernel panic,just boot on the other older and working partition and restore it.

repair permission each time,when you can.

Hoping you'll reach the thing!

The only thing is just I've got 1024x600,but that's why this topic!

:)

(IF that doesn't work for you,it's not my fault,surely another computer,or something wrong in the install process/configuration...)

• 1 month later...